我也不很识字
I can’t read… not very well.
卖♥♥报的给我看 并读给我听
The newsstand guy read it to me.
在市场上,大家以为我是个流氓
Everyone at the market thinks I’m a hood.
我要一个解释
I came to have it out with him man to man.
报纸是首都的?
A paper from the capital?
还认得我吗? 我说什么报纸?
Still recognize me? – I asked which paper!
那报纸10点钟从首都来的
The paper that gets in from the capital at 10:00.
今天不是 送报的飞机因大雾没有来
It didn’t get in this morning. The mail plane was grounded.
谁让你说这些?
Who told you to say all this?
是的
Okay…
我打了他
so I hit him.
但是
But it wasn’t my idea.
我没办法,有人逼我
Somebody made me do it. The same person who warned me.
谁?他叫什么?
What’s his name?
我不能说 他是个大人物
I can’t tell you. Somebody high up.
一个重要的人物 我不能说
Somebody big. I can’t tell you.
他告诉我这件事
He came to warn me.
巴罗内,你的相片 登在首都的报纸上
Barone, your picture ‘s in the paper.
我的
Mine?
10点到的那份报 所以在10:45的时候
The papers arrive at 10:00, so at 10:45, no earlier,
你去医院找皮鲁
you rush down to see Pirou in the hospital.
大闹一通!说你是无辜的
Raise hell. Claim you’re innocent.
叫啊嚷啊
Yell. Make a stink.
有记者在的 现在跟我复述一下
There’ll be reporters around. Repeat what you have to do.
我冲到医院
I run to the hospital…
滚开!
Get lost.
去找皮鲁
…to see Deputy Pirou.
他是谁?
Tell us his name.
我不能,他是个大官
I can’t. He’s too big.
好了
Enough.
跟我来
Come with me, please.
我是无辜的
I’m innocent.
我只想作证
I only wanted to testify.
都是左派政♥治♥搞的
It’s all an opposition scheme.
那个重要的人物…… 不,不,我不是要你说他的名字
This important man — I’m not asking his name.
他帮了你?
He helped you?
是的,帮了我的工作,还有鸟
Yes, in my work and with my birds.
鸟打扰了邻居 我本来准备搬走
Their singing wakes the neighbors. I was gonna have to move.
但我的鸟真的很漂亮
But birds are nice.
你真该去看看,法官
You should come by to see them.
他也在工作上帮助我
He helped me out in my work too.
我的营业许可证,还有别的
My market permit and all that.
事故发生那天,你见了他?
The day of the accident, he came for you?
对,杰米说,头儿在楼下
Yes. Jimmy the Boxer said, “The director’s downstairs.”
他在车里
He was in his car.
上车!
Get in.
知不知道,是今天晚上?
You know it’s tonight?
不行啊
But I can’t.
我有一批无花果要进货
I had a shipment coming in.
必须得拆箱
Figs need special care.
把它们卖♥♥掉,你需要摊位吧?
You need a stand to sell them.
我有了
I got one.
还要许可证?
And a permit.
我也有了 但还有多久过期?
I got one. – Sure, but for how much longer?
6个月 谁负责续期?
Six months. – And who renews your permits?
他负责?
He issues the permits?
是的
Yeah.
然后他让我们下了车
Then he dropped us off.
今晚好好干 我指望你们呢
Do a good job tonight. I’m counting on you.
你会得到一张永久许可证
You’ll get your permanent permit,
没准还有一间鸟的新家呢
and maybe a new house just for you and your birds.
继续
Go on.
我说:“上校,我会尽力的”
I said, “Yes, Colonel. We’ll do our best.”
警♥察♥局的上校? 是的
The head of security.
让我们从头开始
Sit down. We’ll go over it calmly.
副检察长,请进来一下!
Can I have my assistant?
拖延调查的做法
Do you realize that prolonging the investigation
是给反对派的颠覆活动火上加油
gives the opposition fuel for subversive action?
你跟他们站一边?
Are you on their side?
这并不是拖延 而是有全新的案情
It’s a new case in a different light.
可能有些细节比较尴尬 但案情十分明了
Some points are murky, but the case is clear. Nothing’s changed.
恰好相反
On the contrary.
我们从两个醉酒的人 造成事故开始……
We began with an accident and two drunks.
来点冰,亲爱的
Some ice, dear.
他们的证词在细节上吻合
Their testimony concurs in every detail.
而且为中国佬所证实
Backed up by the Chinaman.
棍棒的猛击造成的
It’s caused by the thump of a stick
第二份尸检报告 结论会是否定的
Which a counterautopsy will refute,
确定推♥翻♥初检的结果
and an expert will annul the previous ones, etc.
我没有时间
Before I have time
细究这个新理论
to examine this new theory,
一个目击者说是暗♥杀♥
a volunteer witness says it was a murder attempt.
基于模棱两可的讨论
Based on vague talk.
在见我的路上 这个证人被撞了
On his way to see me, the witness is clubbed.
现在还在医院
He’s still in the hospital.
你什么意思?
What are you hinting at?
我只是陈述事实
Nothing, sir. I’m only stating facts.
然后有一个记者
Enter the reporter.
他不是好战分子 这一点很重要
His motives are anything but political. That’s important.
我意识到亚哥和瓦哥 是CROC的人
Then I discover that Yago and Vago belong to CROC,
基♥督♥教保皇党
the Christian Royalists —
我知道,我知道……
I know them. – You know them.
和第二个参议员的袭击者一起
Along with the second deputy’s assailant
大多数都参加了集♥会♥
and most of those at the demonstration.
警方似乎意识到他们的存在 并利用他们做帮手
It seems the police know them and use them
来维持访问的秩序
to maintain order during state visits.
这还有待证明
That remains to be proven.
还有待证明的是警方上校
As does the head of security
太离谱了!
That’s outrageous!
他会同这样的人扯上
He would never deal with such an individual.
没人会相信
Not openly. No one would believe it.
我的结论是:
My conclusion is this:
以酒后驾车而言 案情虽然简单
It would be simple as a drunk driving case,
但却是不可能
but that’s no longer possible.
如果我们这样设想 这是一个组织有预谋的行动
However, if we accept it as the premeditated act of a group
受到警方的资助或教唆
abetted or simply tolerated by the police,
那么案情就会有 清晰而合理的解释
it all becomes clear and fits together.
这很严重 我要打电♥话♥报告首相
This is very serious. I must phone the minister.
我倾向于事故
I favor the accident theory.
有预谋的,如果你倾向于这么说 两个醉酒的疯子
Premeditated by two fanatics. Drunk, to boot.
你不抽烟
Right, you don’t smoke.
你必须尽快解决此事
You must settle this quickly.
整个国家,甚至整个世界 都在关注并等待结果
The city, the country, even the world are watching and waiting.
我们国家的声誉 正处于危机关头
Our country’s honor is at stake.
别从那些笨蛋那儿找麻烦了!
Forget about these lowlifes.
你的前途不可限♥量♥
Your future lies before you.
这个案子既可以造就你
This case can take you very far
也可以毁了你
or break your career.
相信我的经验
Take it from someone who knows.
我们的组织 是经过政♥府♥批准的
My organization is recognized by the authorities.
我们是诚实的公民 是社会健康的元素
We are honest citizens, healthy elements of society,
是对抗感染的抗体
antibodies in the fight against all infection.
我们希望保护
Our goal is the defense
西方的基♥督♥文明 但这是道德上的抗争
of Western civilization. But it’s a moral struggle.
我们组织的人没有参与示♥威♥
None of our members were at that demonstration.
那晚你在哪里?
Where were you that night?
我在码头工人俱乐部
I was with the treasurer of the Dockers’ Union.
有不在场证明
Alibi confirmed.
我在和我的牙医玩牌
My brother and I were playing cards with our dentist.
有证明
Alibi confirmed.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!