你可以…盖住…
You can… Cover up the…
– 我是因为跌倒才这样 – 我知道
-It’s because I fell. -I know.
我的尿尿功能没问题
That function still works.
你看
Well, see? There.
你还有值得乐观看待的事情
There’s something to be positive about.
在我尿不出来前我就已经死了
I’ll be long gone before i can’t push out a piss.
不需要谈这个
We don’t have to talk about that.
不,我是认真的
No, I’m serious.
我很久以前就下定决心了
I made myself a promise a long time ago.
在我朋友艾比的遭遇後
After what happened to my friend Abe.
等我一下
Just give me a minute.
我不知道艾比是谁
I-i don’t know who Abe is.
他是我打高尔夫的球友
Oh, he’s a golfing buddy.
我们在博卡庆祝结婚周年时 你见过他一次
You met him once at our anniversary party at boca.
我们是坏心三人组
We were a mean trio.
艾比诺福克,米契艾伯斯和我
It was Abe Norfolk, Mitch ebbs, and me.
你有跟他们说你的计划吗?
Have you told them what you’re up to?
没有,他们早就死了
No. Those guys are long gone.
艾比很早就疯了
Abe started to lose his marbles pretty early.
他会在高尔夫球场跑来跑去
He’d run around the golf course
捡别人不要的球
picking up everybody else’s stray balls.
有一天他离开球场
And then one day he just walked off the course,
就没再回来过
and never came back.
我们以为他回家了 但我们後来找到他
We thought maybe he went home, but we found him later.
他睡在女子更衣室的长凳下
He was sleeping under a bench in the ladies locker room.
他尿裤子了
He’d pissed himself.
从那之後我就很久没看到艾比
I didn’t see Abe for a long time after that.
我想他是难为情
I thought maybe he was embarrassed, you know?
後来我听说他中风了
And then I heard he had a stroke.
他妻子发现他倒在浴缸
His wife found him in the bathtub.
我去探望他
I went to see him.
他的样子感觉好像有人…
You know, it was like somebody–
抱歉
sorry.
有人抓住他的领子…
Somebody had grabbed him…
摇晃着他的身体
By the collar and they sh– shook him up.
但他依然面无表情
And his face just froze like that.
之後米契和我开了一个玩笑
After that, Mitch and I had a joke,
打赌看谁会活比较久
which one of us was gonna be the last man standing,
米契比较走运,在睡梦中走了
and Mitch got lucky, died in his sleep.
所以我下定决心 绝对不要像艾比那样
So I promised myself i was never gonna go like Abe.
我也办到了
And I’m not.
I’m not feeling very comfortable.
我感觉不是很舒服
我想你最好停在路边一下
I think you better pull over.
这里,就是这里
Here, here. Right over here.
What are we doing?
我们在做什麽?
只是要换掉脏衣服
We’re just gonna change out some muddy clothes and stuff.
为什麽不在保护区的时候换?
Why didn’t we do that back there?
因为我们得逃离现场
Because we had to flee the scene.
我帮你拿行李
I’ll get your luggage.
你脸色很差
You look like shit.
谢了,雷
Thank you, ray.
– 你要把行李放在哪? – 那里
– Where do you want it? – -Right there.
– 好 – 走吧,走吧
-Okay. -Now go away. Go away.

Okay.
老天…
God…
I can’t do this anymore.
我受够了
我…
I, um, uh–
雷,我只能做到这里了
ray, this is as far as I can go.
What do you mean?
什麽意思?
我只是…我想我需要凯特帮忙
I’m just– uh, you know, i think I need Kate on this.
而且…
And it’s– um– um–
you know, i thought I could do it.
我以为我办得到
我们在公路旅行,开长途车
We’d get out on the road, we have a nice long drive
帮助理清思绪
and everything and it helps to clear the mind,
但是…
but then, um, you know,
我现在头真的很痛
my head is really hurting right now,
我得顾好家里还有工作
and I have responsibilities at home, and I have work.
还有那件…是我最喜欢的衬衫
And that– that was my favorite shirt.
我真的觉得我的心跳
And I really think my heart
会随时停止
might stop beating at any moment.
我想我继续开车不太安全
And I don’t think that I’m safe to drive.
而且…
And, um–
你真的想大费周章跑到奥勒冈
do you really want to get all the way to Oregon
结果被人家拒收吗?
only to have them refuse you?
If you would just take me as far as salt lake city,
如果你能带我到盐湖城
我会非常感谢你
I would be very grateful.
– 哦 – 该死
– Oh. – -Fuck.
我们快到盐湖城了,对吧?
We’re close to salt lake city, aren’t we?
– 我们要去找丹尼吗? – 我跟他说我们会顺便去找他
-We’re seeing Danny? -We told him we might stop by.
– 什麽时候的事? – 前不久
-How did that go? -It went.
我们打给他 但不知道有没有时间
We called him, but we didn’t know if we would have time.
他知道你为什麽开车 横跨全国吗?
Does he understand why you’re driving across country?
– 知道 – 他没意见吗?
-Yes. -And he’s okay with that?
– 我哪知道? – 对话很简短
-How the fuck should I know? -It was a short conversation.
距离盐湖城还有多远?
How far is it to salt lake city?
太好了!我该打给他了
Oh, great! I should call him.
我可以借你的手♥机♥吗?
Can I use your phone, please?
丹尼,你看起来很不错
Oh, Danny, you look great.
Thank you, mom.
谢了,妈
我喜欢你把毛毯放在後面
I like where you put the blanket.
这毛毯很好用
It’s gotten a lot of use.
这是一条好毛毯
Yeah, it’s a good blanket.
那边那条是我帮保罗做的 我们会见到保罗吗?
Oh, there’s the one I made Paul. Are we gonna see him later?
– 应该不会 – 这样啊
-I don’t think so. -Oh.
我应该担心他吗?
Should I be worried about him?
不用,我想他没事的
Oh, no. No, I think he’s fine.
你要接电♥话♥吗?
Are you gonna get that?
你♥爸♥想跟你好好聊聊
Well, your father would like to have some time alone with you.
如果你不介意,我要去冲个澡
So I am going to take a shower, if that’s okay with you,
然後躺一下
and just lie down for a little bit.
你有喝的吗?
Do you have anything to drink?
Like drink, drink?
你是说酒吗?
你妈开♥发♥了一个新嗜好
Your mother’s found a new hobby.
我想冰箱里应该有吧
I’m sure there’s something in the fridge.
好,我自己找,谢了
Okay. I’ll just peruse the kitchen, thank you.
我知道现在 不是最理想的见面时机
I know these are not the most ideal circumstances.
但是…
But, um…
你知道…我时日不多了
You know… I don’t have long.
那不是事实吧?
Well, that’s not true, is it?
什麽?
What?
那不是真的
That’s not true.
凯特跟我说你没事
Kate told me that you’re fine.
不,这是我的决定
No. It’s my decision.
不,其实是医生的决定
No, actually, it’s the physician’s decision.
而且你又不是病危
And you’re not terminal.
我了解流程,我做出口头请求
I know the protocol. I made my oral request.
里面也有我写好的请求书
And somewhere in here, i got my written request, too.
我希望你看看
I want you to take a look at it.
拿去吧
Yeah, here it is.
我遵守了所有规则
I followed all the rules.
祝你找到医生帮你签名
Well, good luck getting a signature on this
如果他们还想保住执照的话
by anyone who wants to keep their license.
你知道,你不是医生
Well, you know, you’re not a doctor.
哇,这个对话才维持了五分钟
Wow. That took all of what, five minutes?
又破纪录了
That’s gotta be a record.
– 丹尼,拜托你… – 你从不…
-Danny, please– -you never–
– 当然了… – 丹尼,拜托你让我说完
-what, of course– -Danny, please, let me talk.
就因为我没念完医学院
Because I didn’t finish med school,
我的意见就完全不重要了吗?
my opinion doesn’t mean anything?
你不肯让我说完
You’re not letting me talk.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!