– 那里超冷 – 奥勒冈有条法律说
-It’s a cold place. -They have laws there
像我一样有寻死念头的人
for people like me who want to take their own life
可以依自己方式结束生命
in their own way and on their own terms.
什麽意思,你是说自杀吗?
What do you mean, like suicide?
不,亲爱的,他们不这麽看
No, honey, they don’t see it that way.
今晚前菜是牛肉薄片
The amuse-bouche this evening is beef carpaccio.
太好了,谢谢你
Outstanding. Thank you very much.
是你最喜欢吃的,爸,坐吧
Your favorite, daddy. Sit down.
雷蒙,你打算搭飞机过去吗?
So, Raymond, do you plan on flying out there?
不,爱丝黛儿 我想也许你可以载我去
No, I don’t, estelle, I thought maybe you would drive me.
雷蒙不愿意搭飞机,不幸的是
Raymond refuses to fly, and unfortunately,
我目前也无法开车
I’m unable to drive at the moment.
我们是一对爱冒险的夫妻
We’re an adventurous pair.
我下礼拜和这领域的专家
I have an appointment there next week
约了见面
with a specialist in this field.
– 好了,他不是认真的 – 我是认真的
-Come on, he’s not serious. -I’m serious.
I hired a driver.
我雇了一位司机
明天就走
I’m leaving tomorrow.
生日快乐,雷
Happy birthday, ray.
你根本没生病啊!
You’re not even sick!
凯萨琳,我准备好要走了
Katherine, I’m ready to go.
你知道吗?如果你准备好了
You know what, if you were ready to go,
– 你早就走了 – 我们卖♥♥了房♥子
-you would have gone already. -We sold the house.
剩下都留给爱丝黛儿
Everything else goes to estelle.
她在我死後可以展开新人生
She can have another life after this.
她都没有说话的权利吗?
Does she have a say in this?
显然没有
Apparently not.
我不想再住在这里了
I don’t want to live here anymore.
我也不想住在
And I certainly don’t want to live
布莱恩说的养老住♥宅♥
in Brian’s retirement home.
那叫退休住♥宅♥
It’s a living community.
那是等死的地方
It’s a dying community.
你跟我一样,希望我们俩离开
And you want us out of here as much as I want to go.
What do you want me to do, honey?
你要我怎麽做,亲爱的?
等我之後每天活在痛苦中吗?
Wait until I’m in pain every single day?
爸,别这麽说
Dad, don’t say that.
还是等我中风又残废?
Or get a stroke and I’m crippled?
别说了
Just stop it.
我不需要别人告诉我 怎麽过我的人生!
I don’t want to be told how to live my life!
好吧…跟我说整个流程
Okay, then– then tell me how this works.
你去奥勒冈边界
So, you go over the Oregon border
去一个像死亡医生说的地方 等死,就这样?
to some Kevorkian-style lair and, what, bam, that’s it?
我们现在到底在说什麽,爸?
I mean, what are we talking about here, dad?
你有资格这麽做吗?
Do you even qualify for this?
没有!我们已经不住在那里了
He doesn’t! We don’t live there anymore!
我在奥勒冈还有房♥产
I still own property there.
什麽,小木屋吗? 不,那样还不够
What, the cabin? No, that can’t be enough.
– 足够了 – 我们早该卖♥♥了那房♥子
-It’s enough. -We should have sold that place.
– 我受够它了 – 那是可收益房♥产!
-It’s a pain in my ass. -It’s income property!
我们一年才租出去两次!
We only rented it twice the whole year!
还有你应该知道你不该这麽晚
And you know you’re not supposed to be eating
– 还吃冰淇淋 – 我晚餐的时候没吃到!
-ice cream this late. -I didn’t get any at dinner!
好吧,够了,给我
Okay, enough. Enough. Give me this.
我的医生会处理好
My doctor’s taking care of it.
到底是哪个医生,爸? 我要马上跟他谈
Who is this doctor, dad? I need to talk to him right now.
我不想再住在这里了
I don’t want to live here anymore.
到底是谁?快说!
Who is it?! Tell me!
凯萨琳
Katherine.
我不想再活下去了
I don’t want to live anymore.
我已经做好安排了
I’ve made arrangements.
这是我的人生
It’s my life.
我只想知道我有哪些选择
I just want to know what my options are.
我已经约好礼拜二见面
I made an appointment for Tuesday.
我要去奥勒冈
I am going to Oregon.
– 你无法阻止我 – 爸?
-You can’t block this. -Daddy?
这不是你能决定的事
It’s not your decision to make.
雷…
Ray…
爸,不,我…我不要…我不…
Daddy, no, i– i don’t– I don’t–
妈?帮我说句话…
mom? Help me here–
听起来他已经安排妥当了
sounds like he’s got it all worked out.
他不会符合资格的 他时候还没到
He’s not going to be eligible. He’s not dying.
也许他只是想一次知道
Maybe he just needs to know what his options are,
– 他还剩哪些选择 – 好,但是
-once and for all. -Okay, but, you know what?
我不会让陌生人载他去
I’m not having some stranger drive him, okay?
那你有哪个人选?
Well, who else do you have in mind?
–Don’t even think about it.
门都没有
拜托你冷静点
Please just calm down.
别叫我冷静,布莱恩
Stop telling me to calm down, Brian, seriously.
好吧,你能再解释一遍
Okay, could you explain to me one more time
为什麽非得由你 载他去奥勒冈吗?
why it has to be you to drive him?
不知道,要是我妈
I don’t know, maybe if my mom could stay sober
能保持滴酒不沾五分钟以上 就好了
for more than five fucking minutes maybe she could do it.
但她办不到,所以只能由我开
But she can’t, so it’s me.
也许他不想被救
Maybe he doesn’t want to be saved.
你在说什麽?
What are you talking about?
我只是想理性点
I’m just trying to get some perspective.
你为什麽要这麽说? 听好,他当然想被救
Why would you say that? Look, of course he does.
你知道多少跟他同岁数 已经死了或半死不活的人
Do you know how many people his age who are dead or dying
都愿意付出一切 换取陪伴家人的时间吗?
would give anything to spend more time with their family?
拜托
– Come on.
What? What’s so funny?
怎样?有什麽好笑的?
抱歉 这听起来不像雷会做的事
I’m sorry, but that doesn’t sound like ray.
喂?对,我是她妈妈
Yes, hello? Yeah, this is her mother.
什麽?
W-what?
我现在最不需要的 就是遇到这种事!
This is absolutely the last thing I need right now!
我不会再跟柯尔特说话了 这样还不够吗?
I’m never speaking to Colt again, isn’t that enough?
完全不够
Not. Even. Close.
你明白事情的严重性吗?
Do you understand how serious this is?
你寄那些照片给他欸! 你都还没成年!
You sent those pictures! You’re underage!
这比停学还严重多了!
This could have been so much worse than a suspension!
那些是私人照片!
They were private pictures!
拜托 高中根本没有隐私好吗?
Jesus, nothing in high school is private.
– 对了,把手♥机♥给我 – 不要!
-Give me your phone, by the way. -No!
– 放开! – 好了,好了…
-Get off! -Stop, stop, stop, stop.
你让我觉得自己像怪胎一样!
You make me feel like I’m such a freak!
– 大家都这麽做! – 才没这回事
-Everyone does it! -Everyone does not do it.
就算真的是那样 那也不是该做的事
And even if that was true, it does not make it all right.
那些照片根本没什麽! 什麽都没照到!
They weren’t even that bad! You could hardly see anything!
你可不可以说句话?
Do you care to weigh in on this, please?
– 嘿 – 嘿
– Hey. – -Hey.
你跟他们说什麽?
What did you tell them?
我说你得待在家里
I told them that you are not going anywhere.
– 好 – 还有安妮需要你陪
-Okay. -That Annie needs you here.
– 那爸爸呢? – 我跟他说
-Yeah, what about dad? -Well, first I told him
他不可能在礼拜二前 抵达奥勒冈
that he’s not going to get to Oregon by Tuesday.
四天内从纽约开到波特兰?
New York to Portland in four days?
不可能的
Not gonna happen.
如果我们没有两个
We can entertain his wolf cries
好奇拍裸照的小孩
when we don’t have two children
那我们就能继续陪他 活在谎言中
who are experimenting in nude portraiture.
– 老天 – 宝贝
-Oh, Jesus. -Oh, baby.
为什麽非得挑现在出事?
Why did this all have to happen now?
为什麽我不能一次
Why can’t I just deal
只处理一件家庭灾难就好?
with one family catastrophe at a time?
她是个青少女
Well, she’s a teenager.
是啊,那他有什麽理由?
Yeah, well, what’s his excuse, huh?
我也打给了丹尼 留了讯息给他
I also called Danny, and I left him a message.
为什麽?
Why?
就…我想说
Just– i thought, you know,
也许他能出来说句公道话
maybe he would be the voice of reason.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!