Are you sure you don’t want me to come back and get you–
不客气
you’re welcome.
很遗憾我得在你生日这天
Well, I’m sorry to have to give you this news
宣布这个消息,安格索医生
on your birthday, Dr. engersol.
这不是你的错
It’s not your fault.
好吧,正如你看到的
All right, so, as you can see,
你的严重主动脉狭窄症 应该能让你
your severe aortic stenosis should make you
成为瓣膜置换术的候选人
a reasonable candidate for valve replacement.
但是术前的导管检查显示 大范围的堵塞…
However, your pre-op cath shows extensive blockages–
这之前就谈过了 我只需要我的病历
we’ve been over this. I just need my records.
你还可选择手术
Now, there are still surgical options.
没错,主动脉瓣膜置换术 再绕道一次
Yes. Aortic valve replacement. Another bypass.
我不需要赘述以你的状况
I don’t have to tell you that a procedure on a heart
– 动心脏手术… – 嗯,不用了
-in your condition– -no, you don’t.
我自己也在 你的位子坐了四十年
I sat behind a desk like yours for over 40 years.
我问你一件事
Let me ask you something.
就算我没死在手术台
Even if I didn’t code on the table,
你觉得这个手术
what kind of time do you actually think
能多替我争取多少时间? 最多半年吗?
this would buy me, six months at most?
让我减轻你的压力吧
Let me make your job easier for you, okay?
我不会动手术的
I’m not having the surgery.
我想这件事
I think that that’s something
你必须和你太太讨论过
you should discuss with your wife.
不,我不会告诉内人 我不会告诉任何人
No, I’m not telling my wife. I’m not telling anybody.
你也不准说
And neither are you.
我已经动过一次手术
They opened me up once,
我不会再动一次
and they’re not opening me up again.
无论问题在哪里,医生
Whatever’s broken, doctor,
你我都清楚这病治不好了
we both know it’s not getting fixed.
雷…
Ray…
如果你不动手术…
If you don’t have this surgery…
You’re going to die.
你就会死
如果我动手术呢?
And if I do have the surgery?
可以请你确认一切 都记录在病历上吗?
Would you please see that all of that is in my file?
没问题
Of course.
谢谢你,医生
Thank you, doctor.
我要一份病历复本,苏
I’ll take a copy of my file, sue.
可以请你帮我打个电♥话♥吗?
And could you dial a number for me, please?
喂?请问彼得在吗?
Hello. Can I speak to Peter, please?
我是雷蒙安格索,谢谢
It’s Raymond engersol. Thank you.
嗨,彼得,我是雷
Hey, Pete, it’s ray.
你今天状况如何?
How you doing today?
是吗?很高兴听到你这麽说
Oh, well, that’s good to hear.
时间一样是礼拜二吗? 下个礼拜二?
Are we still set for Tuesday? Next Tuesday?
太好了,我会去的 不,我会去,彼得
Great, I’ll be there. No, I’m coming, Peter.
我已经和费斯坦医生谈过了
I’ve been speaking to Dr. feldstein about this.
我已经下定决心了
I’ve made up my mind.
好,到时见
Okay. I’ll see you soon.
爸爸,我好爱你
And, daddy, i love you so much
我甚至让你在这间高级餐厅
that I even let you order a bacon cheeseburger
点培根起司堡呢 所以我是英雄
at this fine establishment, so, I’m a hero.
但说真的,祝你生日快乐,爸
But seriously, happy birthday, dad.
祝你长命百岁,乾杯
Here’s to many, many, many, many more. Cheers.
– 亲爱的? – 不要用…
– Honey?
乾杯,生日快乐
Oh, uh, cheers. Happy birthday.
生日快乐,雷
Happy birthday, ray.
柯尔特 美式足球打得怎麽样?
So, Colt, tell me, how’s football going, bud?
– 很好,先生 – 很好
-Good, sir. -Good.
你这礼拜要打第一场了
You got your first game coming up this week.
是啊,我们的状态很好
Yeah, yeah, we’re looking really great.
太好了,你今年会上场吗?
Excellent. You gonna get some playing time this year?
– 爸爸 – 先发名单会变动
-Dad. -It’s an alternating lineup.
安妮 你最近有跟你哥哥聊吗?
Annie, have you talked to your brother lately?
尼克很好,他传讯息给我 说他最近在校外
Nick’s fine, he texted me that he’s doing this photo shoot
帮一对裸体情侣拍照
off-campus with a nude couple.
真的吗?那是额外学分还是…
Really, is that for extra credit or–
– 恋物癖? – 还是好玩而已?
-fetish? -Or for fun?
– 别闹了 – 以他的个性,都有吧
– Stop. -Both, knowing him.
至少他会回你电♥话♥
At least he calls you back.
亲爱的,今天回诊顺利吗?
Honey, how was your appointment today?
– 雷蒙? – 哦,没事
-Raymond? -Oh, it was fine.
你去见谁,爸?
Who are you seeing, dad?
黛比慕尼,她是我的眼科医生
Deb mooney. She’s my ophthalmologist.
她有说什麽吗?
What did she have to say?
说我还是不能开车
That I still can’t drive.
雷,我之前提过的
Well, you know, ray, that assisted-living community
那个退休住♥宅♥ 那里很接近大自然
I was talking about, that’s near the sight and rye,
每天都有接驳车从城里来回
they have a shuttle that goes to town every day
所以你不用担心开车的事
so you don’t have to worry about driving at all.
你想跟我们住多久就住多久
You can stay with us as long as you want.
I’m sorry, madam…
不好意思,女士…
请别再提退休住♥宅♥的事了
Please stop talking about assisted living.
好,我知道了
Yeah, I get it.
我可以推荐圣贾克扇贝吗?
May I suggest the coquilles St. Jacques?
What is that?
那是什麽?
我不熟法国菜
I’m not experienced with the French palette.
当然了,女士
Of course, madam.
那是扇贝肉
It is a shell stuffed with scallops
佐浓郁白酱,香草和香料
in a creamy white sauce with herbs and spices.
听起来很好吃,我要吃
Well, that sounds very good. I think I’ll have that.
选得好,女士
Excellent choice, madam.
爸,我从星期日的报纸
Daddy, I saved this article for you
找到了这篇文章给你
from the Sunday times.
里面提到了减少…
It was about the decline…
雷?雷?
Ray? Ray?
怎麽了?是的,亲爱的
What? Oh, yes, dear.
你还好吗?
Hey, is everything okay?
我想说几句话
I’d like to say a few words.
安静,柯尔特,外公在说话
Shh, shh, Colt, grandpa’s talking.
– 好 – 怎麽了,爸?
– Oh, all right. -What is it, daddy?
– 该死 – 你忘了带眼镜吗?
-Oh, shit. -Did you forget your glasses?
– 我放在家里 – 亲爱的,我…
-I left them at the house. -Oh, honey, i–
– 没关系,没关系 – 我可以帮你念…
-no, no never mind, never mind. -I can read it–
– 没关系 – 好的
-it’s okay. -Okay.
爱丝黛儿,你知道我爱你 我深爱着你
Estelle, you know I love you. I love you very much.
哦…
Oh…
我深爱这里的每个人
I love everybody at this table very much.
除了你以外,我跟你不熟
Well, not you. I don’t know you.
我活了八十岁
I’ve been on this earth for 80 years.
要我为自己下个评语 就是我是个幸运的人
And if I do say so myself, I’ve been a very fortunate guy.
我…我这一生成就过
I– I made something of my life.
我奉献过
I made something.
我为自己做过决定
I made something for myself.
我们今晚在这庆祝我的人生
We’re here tonight to celebrate my life.
人生只有一次
You just get one shot at this, you know.
无论好坏照单全收
I think you just gotta take the bad with the good.
我想说…
And, uh…
我已经成为这个家的负担
I’ve become a burden to this family.
– 爸,你没有 – 我也成为自己的负担
Oh, daddy, no, you’re not.
And I’ve become a burden to myself.
无论如何,这一切都得结束
And one way or another, i think that’s gotta end.
因此,考虑到这一点
So, with that in mind
在深思熟虑後…
and after giving this a lot of thought…
我想宣布一件事
I would like to make an announcement.
我想死
I want to die.
– 什麽? – 老天,爸,别说了!
-What? -Jeez, dad, stop it!
今天是我生日,亲爱的 我想说什麽就说什麽
It’s my birthday, honey. I can say what I want.
继续说吧,亲爱的 可以传面包给我吗?
Go on, honey. Would you pass the bread please?
– 我要回奥勒冈 – 不行
-I’m going back to Oregon. -No, you’re not.
为什麽是奥勒冈?
What’s in Oregon?
安妮的妈妈和她舅舅丹尼 都在那里长大
We raised Annie’s mother and her uncle Danny there.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!