那是当然
Absolutely.
但你现在却出庭指证他
But here you are testifying against him.
我们那儿 人不能告密
Where I come from, you don’t snitch.
就是不行 但是
You just don’t, but…
我无法再继续这么生活了
I can’t keep living like this.
像哪样
Like what?
像哪样
Like what?
我爱巴克斯特一家 视他们为自己家人
I loved the Baxters like my family.
但当你的家人
But when your own family–
反对 巴克斯特一家不是被告
Objection. The Baxter family is not on trial here.
证人无法为更小范围的事实作证
The witness can’t testify to the narrower facts
除非把事实放在合适的语境下
if he doesn’t put them in their proper perspective.
如果赞德先生不同意这点
If Mr. Zander’s gonna have a problem with that–
你可能有更严重的问题 麦基女士
You may have bigger problems, Ms. McKee.
我们 我们叫医护人员进来 麻烦了
Let’s-let’s get this man some medical attention, please?
请陪审团回避
Release the jury.
叫急救人员
Call the EMTs.
女士们先生们 我向你们道歉
Ladies and gentlemen, I owe you an apology.
我以为我确保了
I thought that I had made sure
证人的健康状况足以出庭指证
that the witness was well enough to testify.
但我错了
But I was wrong.
我犯了个错
I made a mistake.
所以恐怕你们得忽略
So I’m afraid you’ll have to disregard
马尔蒂尼先生所说的一切
everything that Mr. Maldini said.
他的可信度存疑
His credibility is questionable,
但最重要的是
but what really matters is that
辩方没能交叉盘问他
the defense wasn’t able to cross-examine him,
所以他所说的一切都未经证实
so everything he’s said hasn’t been tested,
这对被告来说极其不公平
and that is what is really unfair to the accused.
所以忘记你们曾见到过他
So get rid of the entire idea of him from your minds.
为了公平判案
For our purposes,
乔伊·马尔蒂尼从没出现过
Joey Maldini never existed.
I’m-a break you off, let me be your motivation…
Baby, turn around, let me give you innovation, hey
You got that good-good, baby, don’t you?
Got that good-good, baby, don’t you?
那是故意的 对吧
That was on purpose, right?
咖啡馆
The cafe?
对 而且谢天谢地
Yes. And thank God.
你就… 让我 让我解释
You know, just… Let me, let me explain–
别想着是我说的这些
Forget it’s me saying this.
你认真思考下
Just think for a moment.
你所做的这一切都太疯狂了
You’re crazy to be doing what you’re doing.
我忍♥不住
I can’t help it.
那是什么意思
What does that mean?
你知道这是什么意思
You know what it means.
我告诉你这是什么意思
I’ll tell you what it means,
我告诉你 你把这错当成了什么
and I’ll tell you what you’re mistaking it for.
你以为你爱上了那个女孩
You think you’re in love with this girl.
其实不是 你被她迷住了
You’re not. You’re fascinated by her.
你被她深深吸引 是因为你杀了她弟弟
You’re pulled towards her because you killed her brother.
你这话说得像老师
You sound like a teacher.
我爱你
I love you.
这不对 这是个可怕的错误
It’s wrong, it’s a terrible mistake.
我希望我没这感觉 但我有
I wish I didn’t feel this way, but I do.
你嫉妒了
You’re jealous.
你就希望事情这么简单
You want it to be that easy.
简单
Easy?
你希望我是那个妒火中烧的坏老师
You want me to be the bad teacher turned into the jealous woman.
不是这样
It’s not it.
我求求你为自己承担责任 亚当
I am begging you to take responsibility for yourself, Adam.
为了你们两人好
For both your sakes,
你和费·巴克斯特不能再见面了
you and Fia Baxter have to stop seeing each other.
不然呢 你要告诉她吗
Or what? Y-You’d tell her?
排练和指导不是一回事
Rehearsing and coaching are not the same thing,
我可以教你怎么回答 但不能教你说什么
which means I can tell you how to say things but not what to say.
-明白吗 -当然
– Understood? – Sure.
科菲·琼斯来到你的牢房♥
So, when Kofi Jones walked into your cell,
你要用哪个词来形容自己的感受
what would be the one word to describe how you were feeling?
好吧 如果是我
Okay, if it were me,
害怕怎么样
how about terrified?
这个嘛 我不害怕
Yeah, I-I don’t know about terrified.
这是法律 自卫是这样定义的
Here’s the law. Here’s the deal with self-defense:
我用你听得懂的话说 卡洛
I’m gonna put it in your language, Carlo.
你必须要认为自己有即刻危险
You have to believe that you are in immediate danger
可能被杀 或受重伤
of being killed or very seriously hurt
只有采用致命武力才能避免
and that deadly force is needed to prevent it.
好 行
Yeah. That.
但是你并没用到”害怕”这个词
But notice how you didn’t use the word “Terrified.”
好吧
Okay.

Okay.
你弟弟是怎么死的
How did your brother die?
他出车祸没的
He died in a car crash.
-开车的人是谁 -科菲·琼斯
– The car was driven by who? – Kofi Jones.
科菲·琼斯是不是扔下你弟弟不管
And did Kofi Jones leave your little brother all alone,
让他在马路边失血身亡
bleeding to death on the side of the road
没人在他身边握着他的手 听他的遗言
with no one to hold his hand or hear his last words?
是的
Yeah.
再给我讲一遍 带着感情讲
Speak it back to me, with feeling.
你刚说完
You just said it.
这事给你的感受是什么 卡洛
How did it make you feel, Carlo?
-气恼 -不对
– Mad. – No.
我他妈该说什么
What the fuck am I supposed to say?
-跟气恼押韵 -不好
– It rhymes with mad. – Bad?
-天啊 -悲伤难熬
– Oh, Jesus. – Fucking sad.
节哀顺便
I’m so sorry for your loss.
谢谢
Sure.
好吧
Okay.
卡洛 我的问题是
Here’s my question, Carlo.
就这个问题
Here’s-here’s the question.
当害死你弟弟的人
When the man who killed your little brother
走进你牢房♥ 你看到他站在那里时
walked into your cell and you saw him standing there…
你脑子里闪过的第一个念头是什么
…what was the first thought that came into your head?
弄死这个狗♥娘♥养♥的
Kill the motherfucker.
法官团
我不是有意想腻歪
Say, I ain’t trying to get all sappy or nothing like that,
我只是想感谢你
but… I just want to thank you, you know?
带我入伙 让我住下来
For-for bringing me in and letting me stay.
客气什么 小子
Of course, man.
我知道你是好人
I knew you was good people.
我去 看看你现在
I mean, shit, look at you now.
都能给妈妈提财务建议了
Making financial propositions to the mama herself.
我知道你有本事
I knew you had weight on you.
鲁迪
You know, Rudy,
你入伙再加上搬进来 他紧张得要死
he was worried as all fuck when you were joining in and moving in,
尤其是科菲出事之后
especially after what went down with Kofi.
但是我告诉他
But I told him…
你又机灵 又忠诚
…that you smart and that you loyal.
鲁迪是谁
Who Rudy?
你不用一天之内啥秘密都知道 小子
you ain’t need to learn all our secrets in one day, old boy.
普通高中同等学力考试
考生 科菲·琼斯
2019年10月9日
未通过
来 坐下
Come, sit.
听说你有疑虑
Doubts, I hear.
这些疑虑你没跟我谈过
You haven’t spoken to me about these doubts,
但是你表达过
but you have spoken about them.
你们为什么就不相信我能有自己的见解
Why can’t you believe I am capable of forming my own opinions?
没有新的感情关系吗
There’s no new relationship?
在这个艰难时期 没有人给你灌输这些想法吗
Nobody’s feeding you these thoughts at this difficult time?
他叫亚当
His name is Adam.
因为发生了一些事 你很脆弱 费
Because of what happened, you are vulnerable, Fia.
会被人利用
You can be exploited.
你什么意思

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!