Exhibit B.
律师 不需要这么做
Now, Counselor, we don’t need to go here.
我只想再放几张照片
I just have a few more photographs.
我想陪审团该看的都已经看了
I think the jury has seen all that they need to see.
我能上前吗
May I approach?
法官大人
Your Honor.
嗯 请关掉
Right. Please turn this off.
我很欣赏你在乎陪审团的感受
I appreciate your concern for the jury’s feelings.
你也看过照片了吧
You’ve seen the photos?
听着 我们看这些照片没什么
Look, they’re easy for us to look at
因为我们已经习惯了
because we’re used to them.
但对陪审团来说 太惨了
But a jury? It’s harrowing.
我们也不知道他们对这些画面有多敏感
And we don’t know how sensitive they might be to these.
这些伤痕看起来像是
Do these injuries look like
某人为自卫而造成的吗
they were caused by someone defending themself?
就算陪审团相信卡洛不是挑事的
I mean, even if the jury buys that Carlo wasn’t the aggressor,
他们仍需判断
they still have to decide
他防卫行为的强度是否恰当
if the force he used to defend himself was proportionate.
这些照片能直达这个问题的核心
These pictures go directly to the heart of that question.
为了作出判断 他们需要看这些照片
They need to see them to do their job.
-得了吧 菲欧娜 你过分了 -闭嘴
– Come on, Fiona. It’s overkill. – Shut up.
而我需要保护我的陪审团
And I need to protect my jury.
继续
Let’s continue.
行吧 无法用照片展示科菲脑袋的遭遇
Okay. We don’t have any pictures of what happened to Kofi’s brain.
所以只能用语言了
So we’re going to have to use words.
他的头多次猛击墙面
His head was bashed repeatedly against the wall.
你怎么知道
How do you know?
我在伤口处找到小颗粒
Small particles I picked out of the wound,
部分嵌在科菲头骨中
some of which were embedded in Kofi’s skull–
它们和囚室墙面的材质一致
they match the wall material in the cell.
墙上的石子在他头骨里
Stone from the wall was in his skull?
正是如此
That’s right.
可是 头骨很硬的呀
Well, a skull is hard, right?
-相当 -所以需要
– Very. – So it would have required…
使出很大的力才能做到
A tremendous amount of force to do what was done here.
撞了多少下
How many bashings?
六下
Six.
你能向我们描述所用的力度吗
And what can you tell us about the force that was used?
囚室的墙面是平的
Well, the, wall of the cell is flat.
上面没有明显的凹凸不平之处
There are no significant bumps or ridges.
所以 要想让墙上的颗粒
So, in order for particles from the wall
嵌入科菲的头骨
to be embedded in Kofi’s skull,
所用的力必须大到
the force must have been enough to…
能松散囚室墙体材质
to loosen the material of the cell wall.
什么材质
Which was?
混凝土
Concrete.
几乎可以确定他当时是
He almost certainly had him by the hair
-抓着他的头发 -稍等 是像这样吗
– when he was– – So, wait. Like… like that?
这样吗 这样吗
Like this? Like this?
没错
Yes.
在他指甲下面
I found Carlo Baxter’s skin
我发现了卡洛·巴克斯特的皮屑
under his fingernails.
这说明什么
What does that tell you?
科菲奋力求生 但没有成功
Kofi fought for his life and lost.
谢谢你 医生
Thank you, Doctor.
赞德先生
Mr. Zander?
没有问题了 法官大人
No questions, Your Honor.
女士们先生们 谢谢你们
Ladies and gentlemen, thank you,
明早再见
and we’ll see you in the morning.
父母离间综合征的持续影响
吉米
16小时 等着呢
不 不可能
No. No way.
谁告的我
Who reported me?
这是秘密
That’s confidential.
我连谁告了我都不能知道吗
I’m not allowed to know who accused me?
我可以起诉申请人身保护令
That’s a habeas corpus suit right there.
是八号♥陪审员吗
Was it juror eight?
我需要看你的手♥机♥
I need to see your phone.
荒唐
This is ridiculous.
那就澄清事实
Let’s clear it up.
行吧
Fine.
给你
Here you go.
搜索
科菲
科菲·琼斯
书签与历史
母子四人被害…
青少年被捕 涉嫌肇事…
天啊
Oh, my God.
这些…不是我♥干♥的
That… that-that wasn’t me.
有人设计害我
Somebody did this to me.
他们为什么要害你呢
Why would they do that?
龙女士 我不怀疑你初衷是好的
Ms. Long, I don’t doubt that you had good intentions,
但我做过明确要求
but I gave very clear instructions.
你没听我说的
You’re not listening.
不是我♥干♥的
I didn’t do this.
有人设计害我
Someone did this to me.
你打算怎么着
What are you gonna do?
找一个人换你
Replace you with an alternate.
这样不对
This isn’t right.
我现在就可以走出那扇门
I could go out that door right now
把这里面的事告诉媒体
and tell the press what happened here.
坐下
Sit down.
你要真做了 这番庭审也就废了
The trial would collapse if you did that.
只能新找一批陪审团重来
We’d have to start over with a new jury.
贾斯汀·詹姆斯只能回来
Justin James would have to come back
再回顾一次路缘踩踏的痛苦经历
and relive the horror of being curb-stomped all over again.
我想咱俩都清楚是怎么一回事
I think we both know what’s going on here.
没有人能吓到我
I won’t be intimidated by anyone.
你有孩子吗
Do you have children?
一个女儿
A daughter.
全世界你最爱的就是她了吧
And you love her more than anything in the world?
她和这些事有什么关系
What-what does she have to do with–?
她是你最宝贝的宝贝
Nothing is more precious than her.
原则 勇气 良知 都不如她
Not principle, not courage, not conscience.
我猜你倾向于认定被告有罪
My guess is that you were leaning toward convicting the accused.
听我说
Let me tell you something.
我已经历过上百次陪审团审判
I have sat through hundreds and hundreds of jury trials,
我总是能在第一天就看出最后的结果
and I can always call them by the end of day one.
从没错过
I’m never wrong.
正义不会因你离开就缺席的 龙女士
Justice won’t miss you, Ms. Long.
你大可离开 我拿性命下注
You can walk away, and I would bet my life
我们仍然能得到你想要的结果
that we will still get the result you want.
卡洛·巴克斯特跑不掉的
Carlo Baxter is going down.
回去吧 和你女儿一起
Go home. Be with your daughter.
当做无事发生
Pretend this never happened.