嗯 我想也是
Yeah, I guess not.
帮我卖♥♥了吧
Sell it for me?
-好的 -史上最了不起的救援投手
– Sure. – Best closer in the history of the game right there.
天性 动机 机会
判例法 需要了解
判例法是说牢房♥里自卫的辩护不成立吗
亚当 你有空吗
Adam, do you have a minute?
有空
Yeah.
这是你妈妈去世后
It’s the first picture you showed me
你给我看的第一张照片
after your mom died.
你应该留着
You should have it.
我今早递交辞呈了
I, um… I gave my notice this morning.
什么
What?
我打算教完这学期的课
I’m gonna teach out the rest of the semester,
就走了
and then I’m gone.
-你说什么 -怎么了
– I-I’m sorry. – Why?
纽大校园方圆一小时内
There are a hundred high schools
有百所高中
within an hour of the NYU campus.
高中
High schools?
我已经申请一些了
I’ve put out some feelers already.
等等 你是要…
Wait. Uh, are you…?
亚当 你就要成年了
Adam, you’ll be 18.
我们不用再瞒着任何人了
We won’t have to hide from anybody
也不需要向任何人解释了
or explain ourselves to anyone, you know?
我们可以 做我们自己
We can just… we can just be.
我没考上
I didn’t get in.
纽约大学 他们拒绝我了
NYU. They said no.
小伙子
Hey, buddy.
天啊 天啊
Oh, boy. Oh, boy.
瞧瞧啊
Look at this.
亚当
Adam?
好吧
All right.
看看啊
Look at that.
纽约大学
你不在乎
You don’t care.
亲爱的德夏托先生
很高兴地告诉你 你满足我们的录取标准
查理 不管你今晚有什么计划 全都取消
Charlie, cancel whatever plans you’ve got for tonight.
我们要庆祝一下
We are celebrating.
伊丽莎白
Elizabeth?
是这样
Listen, uh…
德夏托父子今晚想见你
The Desiato men would love to see you tonight.
我之前都不知道
I didn’t know.
没什么大不了的
It’s not a big deal.
还挺适合你的
Kind of suits you.
* Before I go to sleep *
* I listen long to the bustling streets *
罗科没交过女朋友
You know, Rocco never had a girlfriend.
没有那种能让他全情投入的
I mean, nobody he was all in on.
有时候我觉得自己活着两种人生
Sometimes I feel like I’m living two lives,
他的和我的
his and mine.
所以 我希望你不要介意
So, um, I hope you don’t mind
有一个烦人 嬉皮笑脸的 死弟弟
having an annoying, smiley, dead brother
一直跟着我们
hanging out with us all the time.
* They raised me up on brick and bread *
你没事吧
Are you okay?
-确定吗 -确定
– Are you sure? – Yeah.
* How long *
* I’m gonna settle *
我有东西要给你看
Yeah, I want to show you something.
我妈经常给别人看她偷偷♥拍♥的
So, my mom used to give people pictures of themselves
人家的照片
they didn’t know she’d taken.
整座城市
I mean, all over the city,
都有我妈用拍立得拍的照片
there are people with Polaroid pictures of themselves taken by Mom.
有时候 人家会生气
And, you know, people would get pissed sometimes,
我妈就跟人家聊
and so Mom would talk to them
有时候甚至请人家喝咖啡
or sometimes even go for coffee with them
就为了说服人家
to try to persuade them
她不是想偷他们的灵魂
she wasn’t after their souls.
他们会向她敞开心扉
And, I mean, they would open up to her.
我就在一旁听着
And I’d be there listening.
我就是这样学会了
It was how I learned everything
我所了解和喜爱的这座城市的一切
that I know and love about this city.
很显然 当时我讨厌这种做法
I mean, obviously back then I hated it.
我觉得她这样很难为情
Thought she was, like, embarrassing or…
她知道了之后 有一天就解释给我听
And she knew that, so, um, one day she explained it to me.
“要有深度 而不是广度”
“Go deep, not wide.”
她说 人们经常犯这种错误
She said people make that mistake too often,
认为有深度就是有广度
thinking that going deep is going wide.
“待在原地
“Stay where you are,
伫立不动
stand still,
深挖”
dig.”
-怎么样 -完美
– Good? – Perfect.
这个你要是买♥♥的话出多少钱
How much would you pay for this?
-你从哪弄的 -尤金
– Where’d you get that? – Eugene.
想让我帮他卖♥♥掉
Wants me to sell it for him.
他现在跟你开口了
So, he’s talking to you now, huh?
需要一个过程 不过开始了
It’s a process, but yes.
很好 很好
That’s good. That’s good.
-那给我开个价 -好的
– So, make me an offer. – All right.
我给你开个价
I’ll make you an offer.

Here.
-德夏托 我们来早了 -这边请
– Desiato. We’re early. – Come this way, please.
谢谢
Thank you.
-我可以斗胆直言吗 -请讲
– Am I allowed to say something? – Sure.
您是那位法官对吧
You’re the judge, right?
-是的 -巴克斯特家的公子
– Yeah. – The Baxter boy.
罪大恶极 我没说错吧
So guilty. Tell me I’m wrong.
我其实不能跟您讨论这个话题
Well, I’m the last person you should talk to about this.
-您可以问我 -所以我说对了吧
– You can ask me. – So, am I right?
我们会给您留一大笔小费的
We’ll be leaving you a very big tip.
谢谢 德夏托太太
Thank you, Mrs. Desiato.
德夏托太太
Mrs. Desiato.
这边请
Right this way.
坐这 李
Here, Lee.
我去洗洗手
Well, I should wash up.
-马上就回来 -好的
– I’ll be right back. – Okay.
贾斯汀·詹姆斯
Justin James.
贾斯汀他妈的詹姆斯
Justin fucking James.
你没必要允许的
You didn’t have to allow that.
你本可以告诉她不能传唤他
You could have told her she couldn’t call him.
现在我儿子成了种族歧视了
But now my boy’s a racist.
她在庭上把他给毁了
She’s tearing him apart in there.
你不知道自己在说什么
You don’t know what you’re talking about.
都他妈是你允许的
And you’re letting it fucking happen!
我眼看着我儿子
I’m watching my son
-一步步走向死亡 -你知道这种案子
– heading for death row. – Do you have any idea
-陪审团想从法官身上得到什么吗 -少来
– what a jury is looking for in a judge on a case like this? – Don’t!
-你知道吗 -少来 少跟我扯蛋
– Do you have any idea? – Don’t-don’t-don’t fuck with me.
他们想让我当爹
They want me to be their dad.
我就给他们当爹
I am giving them that.
我就是他们的格里高利·派克
I am Gregory fucking Peck in there.
他们看我
They watch me
如何面对约翰尼·赞达的卖♥♥弄
stand up to Johnny Zander’s showboating,
他们更相信我
and they trust me more.
他们看着我允许他们想听的证据
They watch me allow in evidence that they really want to hear,
他们就是爱我这一点
and they love me for that.
从始至终
And all the while,
我让他们有安全感
I am making them feel secure.
我告诉他们 我爱他们
I’m making them feel safe
而且我不畏惧任何人
by telling them that I love them
这让他们有安全感
and that I am not frightened by anyone.
我让他们仰望我
I get them to look up to me,
听从我的暗示
to take their cues from me.
然后 现在还不是时候 等时机成熟
And then later– not now, not yet, but when it matters–
我就告诉他们该怎么想

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!