His mother.
他因袭击被定罪了 是吗
He was convicted of the assault, correct?
是的
Yes.
陪审团的决定
By a jury?
是的
Yes.
所以陪审团相信你
So they believed you?
是的
Yeah. They did.
这么说来卡洛和他的母亲是在宣誓后说谎
So it follows that Carlo and his mother were lying under oath.
反对 猜测陪审团当时的想法
Objection. Speculation about what was in the mind of the jury.
巴克斯特先生 你是个种族歧视者 骗子 暴徒
Mr. Baxter, you are a racist, a liar and a thug.
反对
Objection!
麦基女士
Ms. McKee.
这是勒布朗法官大人判决卡洛·巴克斯特的原话
Her Honor Judge LeBlanc’s words on sentencing Carlo Baxter.
反对无效
Objection overruled.
谢谢 詹姆斯先生
Thank you, Mr. James.
你忘记自己车停哪儿了吗
Did you forget where you parked?
没有
No.
我也这么觉得
That’s what I thought.
-你是谁 -卡斯特罗探员
– Who are you? – Detective Costello.
卡-斯-特-罗
C-o-s-t-e-l-l-o.
库-萨-克 库萨克
C-u-s-a-c-k. Cusack.
科菲·琼斯10月10日晚被捕的罪名是什么
What was Kofi Jones arrested for on the night of October 10th?
持有赃车
Possession of a stolen vehicle.
罪名后来升级了吗
And were those charges later upgraded?
是的
They were.
驾车致罗科·巴克斯特死亡 并且肇事逃逸
Vehicular homicide for the hit-and-run death of Rocco Baxter.
卡洛的弟弟
Carlo’s brother.
没错
That’s right.
谢谢 警督
Thank you, Lieutenant.
科菲·琼斯被捕那天你见到他了吗
You saw Kofi Jones on the day of his arrest?
在警局见到了
At the station house, yeah.
描述下他的举止
Describe his demeanor.
反对 引导证人推测
Objection. It calls for speculation.
他是个警♥察♥ 你难道不是靠读懂人为生吗
He’s a police officer. Don’t you read people for a living?
面部表情 肢体语言什么的
Facial expressions, body language and so forth?
每个警♥察♥都是 这是工作的重要部分
Every cop does. It’s a crucial part of the job.
反对无效
Overruled.
我是问你在科菲·琼斯被捕那天
I’m asking you what you remember of Kofi Jones
你记得他什么
on the day of his arrest.
我们知道他刚撞了一个17岁的男孩
We know he’d just run over a 17-year-old boy,
造成了无法挽回的脑损伤
causing-catastrophic brain injury.
我们不需要知道细节
We-we don’t need to hear the detail.
怎么 路缘踩踏的前因后果都说了
What, so we get chapter and verse on the curb stomp,
我这个你却不让说
and you don’t allow this?
麻烦你直接说重点
Will you please get to your point?
他看上去为车祸的事伤心吗
Did he seem torn up about it?
我不是来说死者坏话的
I’m not up here to speak ill of the dead.
你是来说出真♥相♥的
You’re up there to tell the truth.
好吧 你真的想知道吗
Okay. You really want to know?
他看上去像无事发生
He looked like nothing had happened,
好像那天就是个普通的周二
like it was just another Tuesday.
我见到他时
I mean, when I saw him,
他刚吃完一个培根三明治
he’d just finished eating a bacon sandwich.
按说 他刚杀了一个人 会…
You’d think, you just killed a man, then…
没有其他问题了
No further questions.
我很 很抱歉刚才的事情 那不对
I am so… so sorry what’s happening in there. It’s not right.
他们说的关于他的话都不是真的
All that they’re saying about him ain’t true.
我可以送你回家
I can drive you home.
为什么 好在路上继续唬我吗
For what? So you can bullshit me some more on the way?
我可以给你一个住地
I-I could offer you a place to stay.
-就到… -我不需要
– I mean, just-just until– – I don’t need that.
我不需要你 我和小莫住一起
I don’t need you. I’m staying with Little Mo.
他让你觉得自己像个男人吗
He making you feel like a man?
好像你有两下子
Like you have something?
他支持我
He got my back.
我以前经常给街头混混做认罪协议
You know, I used to plead out corner boys all the time.
那是我的工作
That was my job.
每次他们都说同样的话
And every time they’d sing the same song:
“我的帮派支持我”
“My crew’s got my back.”
然后我会告诉他们要蹲多少年大牢
Then I’d tell them how many years they were gonna do,
我也会说到做到
and I’d see it land.
然后他们找到我 说
Then they’d come back at me and say,
“我是个好士兵 我愿意进去这么多年”
“I’m a good soldier. I’m gonna take the years.”
为了什么
For what?
为了感觉像个男人
For feeling like a man?
你有更好的东西给我吗
You got something better for me?
我了解这个系统
I know the system.
我可以帮你引导 和你一起
I can navigate it for you. With you.
小莫每周给我现金
Little Mo hand me cash every week.
每周
Every week.
而你想给我这个系统
And you want to hand me the system?
去你的
Fuck you!
去我的
Fuck me?
去我的 真的吗
Fuck me? Really?
怎么 去我妈的逼 那是你吗
What, fuck me up the ass? Is that you?
你跟他一样吗
Are you the same as him?
还是说你比他好 尤金
Or are you better than that, Eugene?
在你们今晚回家前 还有一件事
One thing before you go home for the night.
当你们离开这个庭审室后
When you are outside of this courtroom,
你们不能和任何人谈论这场审判
you do not talk to anyone about this trial
或于此期间听到的证词
or any testimony you hear during it.
你们不能看 读或听任何与案子相关的报道
You do not watch, read or listen to any coverage on this case.
我希望你们心无旁骛
I want you clean.
我希望你们不受外界干扰
I want you free of outside interference.
我先说清楚
And let me be clear.
任何违反以上规则的人都是犯罪
Anyone breaking these rules is committing a criminal offense,
我会判决你们蔑视法庭
and I will hold you in contempt of court if you do it.
为什么我对这件事如此严格
Why am I being so fierce about this?
答案就在你们旁边
The answer is beside you.
其实
Now…
不是我把《宪法》挂在墙上的
I didn’t put the Constitution up on the wall.
我来这时它就在了
It was there when I got here.
我退休后它也依然会在这
And it’ll be here long after I’m gone.
有时我会早点过来
You know, sometimes I come in early in the morning,
重读这些话
and I reread the words…
提醒自己我们司法系统平淡朴素的美好
and remind myself of the simple beauty of our system of justice.
被告人有权接受陪审团同胞的审判
The accused has the right to be tried by a jury of his peers.
这里并没有提到法官 或者律师
Now, notice it-it doesn’t say anything about judges… or lawyers.
我们的国父知道该信任谁
Our Founding Fathers knew where to put their trust.
我可以告诉你们法律条文
Now, I will tell you what the law is.
但至于事实
But as for the facts–
谁说出了真♥相♥ 谁没有
who’s telling the truth, who isn’t–
全由你们决定
it’s all yours.
尽管我在上面 穿着邓布利多一样的长袍
So despite me being up here in… all my…Dumbledore gear,
我远不及你们重要
I am far less important than you.
因为这场疫情 我们单独在法庭
Because of this virus, we’re alone in here.
没人在看你们
Nobody is watching you.
责任和权力都是你们的
The responsibility and the power is yours.
不是我 不是上帝
Not me. Not God.
而是你们 人♥民♥
You, the people.
* I can’t live on the kind of love that you give… *
别抠缝线的地方
D-Don’t do that with the stitching.
为什么 这个值多少钱
Why? What’s it worth?
这个球有什么来头 科菲在哪拿到的
What’s the story with that? Where did Kofi get it?
它值多少钱
What’s it worth?
他没告诉你他从哪得到的吗
He didn’t tell you where he got it?
没有 没来得及
Nah. He didn’t get the chance.
你最后一次见他是什么时候
When was the last time you saw him?
我最后一次见他
Last time I saw him was
是警♥察♥抓他的前一晚
the night before the cops came and got him.
我猜那时他还没有这个棒球
Guess he didn’t have it then– the baseball.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!