With no way of showing it.
我不希望任何人承受那些
I don’t want that for anyone.
结束吧 警探
Wrap it up, Detective.
他的律师来了
His lawyer’s here.
他什么样
So what’s he like?
-谁 -约翰尼·赞德
– Who? – Johnny Zander.
-谁 -那个律师
– Who? – The lawyer.
我不认识他
I don’t know him.
你对他用你那套了吗
So you do your thing in there?
我那套
My thing?
“你痛苦我也痛苦 到妈妈这里来”
“This hurts me as much as it hurts you. Come to Mama.”
用了些
Some.
他说什么了
What did he say?
他没说的才重要
It’s what he didn’t say that’s gonna matter.
做了20年法官
Twenty years on the bench,
你什么都听过吧
and you’ve heard it all, right?
人类对彼此做过的事
About what human beings do to each other.
证人证词 照片
Witness testimony and photographs.
但从没见过现场
But never the real thing.
系两个结
Double knots.
再紧点
Tighter.
扶他起来
Get him up.
他杀了人
He killed somebody.
-只是个指控 -警方说…
– It’s an allegation. – Police are saying–
警方 他妈的警方
The police? The police? Fucking police.
你知道他们在法国区做什么吗
You know what they do in the Quarter?
他们在皇家路的警局卖♥♥新奥尔良警局的T恤衫
They sell NOPD T-shirts from the police station on Royal Street.
开什么玩笑 你们这群家伙在卡特里娜飓风时跑了
Are you kidding me? You people ran away from Katrina.
他们卖♥♥T恤衫
And they sell T-shirts.
但他真做了吧
He did it, though?
我看看他
Now I look at him…
我看看你
…and I look at you.
我才想起来今天是我生日
I just remembered it’s my birthday.
有什么好笑的
What’s funny?
我们早过了那个点了
We’re a long way past that.
什么点
Past what?
讽刺
Irony.
你算什么 哲学家吗
What are you, a fucking philosopher?
你算什么 法官吗
What are you, a fucking judge?
我看到卡洛包里的钱了
I saw the money in Carlo’s bag.
好多钱呢 爸爸
It was a lot, Dad.
很抱歉让你看到
I’m sorry you had to see.
乔伊呢
Joey?
他包里有什么
What was in his bag?
卡洛蹲监狱时卷进了一些事
Carlo got into something when he was in prison.
现在情况很糟
And it’s gotten messy,
毒品的事一向麻烦
like it always does with drugs.
-他是怎么了 -不重要
– What is wrong with him? – It doesn’t matter.
什么意思
Wh-What do you mean?
一个父亲对孩子的爱是无条件的
Well, a father’s love for his children is unconditional.
我爱你 我爱他
I love you, I love him.
我爱罗科 无论他生或死
I loved Rocco. I love Rocco.
别去酒店
Don’t go to the hotel.
别回酒店 离酒店远远的
Stay away from the hotel. Get away from the hotel!
他们事前就知道了
They knew.
什么
What?
没事
Nothing.
他什么样
Hey, what’s he like?
那个律师
The lawyer.
问库萨克警督去吧
Ask Lieutenant Cusack.
库萨克不认识他
Cusack doesn’t know him.
是吗 赞德到后他们聊得可欢了
Really? Deep conversation the two of them had when Zander got here.
不 他们不认识对方
No, they don’t know each other.
那他们初次见面就打得挺火热
Then it was a hell of a first date.
是在你面前聊的吗
In front of you, this conversation?
停车场
Parking lot.
他们早知道我们会来
They knew we were coming.
一个人为了活下去
It’s amazing what a man can do
什么都可以做
with the will to survive.
那个割断一只手臂的远足者
That hiker who cut his own arm off.
你能想象吗
Can you imagine that?
或者开车撞人
Or hitting someone with your car…
然后任其倒在路边流血身亡
and leaving them bleeding to death in the road.
那需要付出什么
What does that take?
还偷走他的手♥机♥
And stealing his phone.
你把他手♥机♥怎么了
What did you do with it?
扔河里了
It’s in the river.
作为刚杀死一个小孩的人 你头脑还挺清晰
You were thinking clearly for someone who just killed a child.
我没有思考 我惊慌失措了
I wasn’t thinking, it was panic. I-I…
罗科开到我那条车道上去了
Rocco crossed over into my lane.
你为什么没自首
Why didn’t you turn yourself in?
我是想
I wanted to.
-我还去了… -哪儿
– I was there t– – Where?
警♥察♥局
At the… at the police station.
我去了警♥察♥局准备自首 然后…
I went there to do just that, and-and…
我看到了你们夫妻俩
Then I saw you with your wife.
他有说什么吗
Did he say anything?
在他死前
Before he died?
他说不了 他无法呼吸
He couldn’t. He-he couldn’t breathe.
他有在尝试说话吗
Was he trying to speak?

Yes.
他觉得你当时是在帮他吗
Did he think you were helping him?
我是在帮他 我也帮了他
I was helping. I did help him.
-我尽我所能帮他了 -他报了警
– I did everything that I could. – He called 911.
你从他手中拿走了手♥机♥
You took his phone from him.
扔进了河里
You threw it in the river.
帮他
“Help”?
帮他
“Help”?
你这叫帮了他
Is that what you call that?
但凡是…
Anyone who…
那是人做的事吗
What kind of a human being is that?
你有个儿子
You have a son.
-嗯 -多大
– Yes. – How old?
亚当 十七岁
Adam… Adam is 17.
他爱你吗
Does he love you?
-嗯 -尊重你吗
– Yes. – Respect you?
我想是的
Yes, I think so.
你有告诉他 你这个父亲的真正为人吗
Have you told him what kind of a man his father really is?
我没有
No, I haven’t said that.
你有告诉你孩子 你是什么为人吗
Have you told your children what kind of man you really are?
你有告诉他们
Have you told them
下九区福拉德街发生的煤气泄漏吗
about the gas leak on Flood Street in the Lower 9th?
那起害死了三个小孩和他们母亲的事故
The one that killed three small children and their mother.
你跟他们说过吗
Have you told them that?
你有告诉他们那几个小孩的年龄和姓名吗
Have you told them the ages of those children? Their names?
你知道丧子会带给你什么吗
You know what losing a child gives you?
糟糕透顶 钻心刺骨的疼痛
Terrible, visceral pain.
莫大的失败感
An overwhelming sense of failure.
但还有出人意料的
And then there’s the… the surprising one.
一种自♥由♥感
It’s a kind of freedom.
一切都不再重要
Nothing matters.
再也不重要
Not ever again.
因此你什么事都干得出来
So you’re capable of anything.
无所不能
Anything.
你要是没帮卡洛渡过难关
If you don’t come through for Carlo,
那我就会毫不费力地
it would be the easiest thing in the world
把你的心给挖出来
to cut your hard fucking heart out
扔河里喂鱼
and feed it to the river.
亚当来电

Dad?
我在
Yeah.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!