“I like your scarf?”
我说得像是个问题
It came out like a question.
别问我 我也不知道怎么回事
Wha… I-I don’t know. Don’t ask me.
但她开始
But she starts…
捧腹大笑
laughing uproariously,
等她终于停下笑
and when she stopped laughing,
她看着我
she looked at me…
她脸上的表情
with a look…
是我这辈子
that was the sweetest…
见过的最甜美 最完美的
most perfect thing I have ever seen on a human face
笑容
before or since.
善意 和
Kindness and…
安心
promise.
我问她是不是
I asked her if she…
她自己织的那条围巾
knitted the scarf herself…
于是开启了30年的人生
…and the next 30 years began.
32年
32 years.
你记得我们原来开长途时玩的那个游戏吗
You remember that game we used to play on long car rides
你要挑一对情侣然后猜
where you’d have to pick a couple and try to say
是谁追的谁
which one of them scored?
所以 你和妈妈呢
So… you and Mom?
你觉得呢
What do you think?
当然是我
That would be me.
你永远都不会知道
You never know when…
什么时候生活就会开始一帆风顺
life is gonna line up just perfectly
让你直接步入未来
and walk you right into your future.
那就是我希望你过的生活
That’s what I want for you.
那就是纽约能够带给你的生活
That’s what New York can be.
在新奥尔良就不行
New Orleans can’t do that?
离开比较好 亚当
Leaving will be good, Adam.
非常好
Really good.
我们应该养条狗
We should get a dog.
认真的
Seriously?
我为了养条狗求了你好多年了
I’ve been begging you for one for years,
我还有一年
and you want to get one
就要离家上大学的时候 你倒想给我了
the year before I leave for college?
等等 等等 你什么意思 离家
Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. What do you mean, leave? Leave?
离家 不不不
Huh? No, no, no, no.
你要去杜兰大学
You’re gonna go to Tulane,
然后就住在这
and live here,
然后你会毕业 结婚生子
and then you’re gonna graduate and get married, have kids,
-然后还是住在这 -好了 跟踪狂
– and still live here… – Okay, stalker.
罗威纳还是吉娃娃
Rottweiler or Chihuahua?
我看上去像是养吉娃娃的男人吗
Do I look like a Chihuahua guy?
大丹犬还是纽芬兰犬
Um, Great Dane or Newfoundland?
也许都可以
Maybe cross the two.
-莱昂贝格尔犬还是 -什么是莱昂贝格尔犬
– Leonberger or a sh… – What’s a Leonberger?
就是 像是狮子 只不过是狗
It’s, like, a lion, only a dog.
不错 我们养只狮子狗
Ooh, ooh, let’s get a lion dog.
我爱你
I love you.
是谁家的小伙子
So, who is this guy?
他人很好
He’s great.
亚当
Adam.
亚当
Adam…
就这些
That’s it?
我还不太了解他
I don’t know that much about him.
他父亲是做什么的
What does his father do?
爸
Dad!
别开玩笑了
Are you serious?
他前途如何 这是你的下一个问题吗
Oh, what are his prospects? Is that your next question?
他前途如何
What are his prospects?
我还不如直接让他来
Why don’t I just get him over here
你可以把他叫去书房♥
so you can call him into your office
来一场男人之间的对话
for a man-to-man?
好主意
Good idea.
在后面
Back there.
梅莱
Meet My Lai.
刚从金三角运出来
Fresh out the Golden Triangle.
我每公斤要价一百 手头有六公斤
I’m asking 100 a kilo, and I got six to sell.
货特别正 你能赚翻番
Shit’s so dope, you’ll double your bills.
试卖♥♥一下 四下散一点看看效果
So try it, spread it around,
准备大笔买♥♥的时候告诉我一声
let me know when you’re ready to buy in.
你们不是唯一一家要玩大的
Y’all ain’t the only one uppin’ your game.
这是20万
That’s 200 Gs.
你的喽啰都嗨成这样了 还要样品干什么
Why we need samples when your boy’s all muddied up here?
行
Cool.
可是我没带货来
I’m not carrying product.
要不几小时之后我再来
Come back in a few hours?
好吧
Yeah.
反正你要是不来的话
We know where to find your shiny white ass
我们知道去哪找你这个小白脸
if you don’t show.
父与子
Father and son.
分而治之
Divide and rule.
我可记得我的律师是个白人肥婆
I could have sworn my lawyer was a fat white lady.
科菲·琼斯 我是他的律师
Kofi Jones. I’m his attorney.
这跟我有什么关系
What’s that got to do with me?
根据验尸报告
According to the coroner’s report,
你接受了特别调查组的问讯
you were interviewed by SID.
对 我已经告诉那些条子我什么都不知道了
Yeah, and I already told those pigs I don’t know shit.
我打算再问一遍
I’m asking again.
为了他的家人
For the family.
据我所知 那家人已经绝户了
Way I hear it, ain’t nothin’ left of that family.
等等 你不是…
Wait a second, you’re not…
没门 我不告密
Nah, what I’m not is a snitch.
我完事了
Yo. I’m done here.
你的好了 加燕麦粉的
Here you go. With grits.
谢谢
Thank you.
早上好 露易丝
Morning, Louise.
早上好 查理
Morning, Charlie.
昨晚喝多了吗
One too many last night?
天啊
Jesus.
今天
It’s a…
是你教子的大日子
big day for your godson.
面试
Interview?
纽约大学
NYU.
有你关照他的
You got him…
对吧 查理
right, Charlie?
我是说 如果
I mean, if…
如果我出了什么事
something should ever happen to me.
当然了
‘Course I do.
好
All right.
你没事吧 迈克尔
You good, Michael?
嗯 没事
Yeah. I’m good.
如果有人在这杀了你
If someone killed you in here
难道你不想让我这样的人
wouldn’t you want someone like me to
查清原委吗
find out how and why?
让你的家人得到安宁
So your family could have peace?
但我得活命
But I got to live, yo.
我跟你说了 就是自找麻烦
I talk to you, I’m asking for trouble.
达纳维恩·刘易斯 36岁
Danavian Lewis, 36.
两起持枪故意伤害罪
Two counts of aggravated assault with a firearm,
持枪抢劫
armed robbery with a firearm,
非法持有赃物
illegal possession of stolen…
偷一辆车 他们就会起诉这些罪名
Jack one car, they charge you with all that.
自♥由♥国度
Land of the free.
我算算 抢劫的罪名是十五年
So let’s see. We’re looking at 15 for the robbery,
持枪五年
five for the firearm,
再加上每起伤害十年封顶
plus up to ten for each assault.
我是被栽赃的
I was messed up.
你还有什么
You got anything else
我可以在判决的时候向法官申辩的吗