How’d you know Rocco?
我其实就见过他一次
I just met him once actually.
什么时候 在哪里
When? Where?
提皮提那 那家俱乐部
Tipitina’s, th-that club.
怎么
What?
没什么
No, uh…
他当时穿着我的T恤衫
He was wearing my T-shirt
他去世那天 穿着我的提皮提那T恤衫
the day he died– my Tipitina’s T-shirt.
他们说他是当场死亡的
I mean, they told us he died instantly.
那么严重的颅脑损伤 他不会有太多痛苦
Head injury like that, he wouldn’t have suffered.
不知道是不是真的
I wonder if that’s true.
他们能怎么说
I mean, what are they gonna say?
他死前遭受着极度痛苦吗
You know– he was in terrible pain?
他是被自己的血噎死的吗
He choked on his own blood?
你觉得他们会告诉你真♥相♥吗
You think they’d tell you the truth?
我理解
I understand.
真的吗
Do you?
我妈 是被人杀害的
My mom, she was murdered.
该死
Shit.
嗯 我不在场
Yeah, I-I wasn’t there, so…
我一直都在想她生前的最后时刻
You know, I think about her last moments all the time.
她是什么感觉
What it was like for her.
看来这个问题显得尤为重要了
So I guess this question matters even more
因为你离世的母亲是在那读的大学
now that we’ve… established that your dead mom went there
纽约大学是你的首选吗
is NYU your first choice?
嗯 我想是的
Yeah, I think so.
纽约感觉挺酷的
I mean, New York seems cool.
学校的摄影项目
And their photography program…
似乎也很酷…
seems cool to…
-我猜的 -你猜的
– I-I guess. – You guess?
好吧 这些话你明天一个字都不能说
Yeah, no, ’cause you can’t say any of that tomorrow.
你这副死气沉沉的样子 没人会录取你的
‘Cause you get in anywhere with that emo vibe.
抱歉
Sorry.
来 正式彩排
You know what, dress rehearsal.
准备好了吗
You ready?
好
Okay.
我是大聪明教授
I’m, uh… Professor Big Brain.
你叫什么
I don’t know your name.
亚当
Adam.
你一个南方小子
So… what does a, uh, a Southern boy like you
连自己姓什么都忘记说
who seems to have trouble remembering his own surname
想来我们地处大城市的纽约大学学些什么
hope to learn from attending our… big-city New York University?
我想学会人际交往能力
I hope to gain the interpersonal skills
让我终于能开启社交生活
to finally achieve some sort of social life.
这是我在读高中时所缺失的
Is it something I-I’ve lacked during high school
因为我忙于读书和摄影
’cause I was too busy reading books and taking photographs?
我必须告诉你 在纽约大学
Well, I, uh… I have to tell you, here at NYU,
我们喜欢没有社交技能的书呆子
we love nerds without social skills.
你热衷于什么社会和政♥治♥议题
What social and political issues are you passionate about?
狗 任何与狗有关的
Dogs. An-Anything with dogs.
好
Okay.
罗威纳还是吉娃娃
Rottweiler or Chihuahua?
罗威纳
Rottweiler.
大丹犬还是纽芬兰犬
Great Dane or Newfoundland?
都喜欢
Both.
-莱昂贝格尔犬还是 -莱昂贝格尔犬
– Leonberger or sh– – Oh, Leonberger.
好吧
Okay.
最后一问
One last thing.
除了你母亲去世
Other than the death of your mother,
告诉我一个最近
tell me about an experience
对你有重大影响的经历
that’s had a big impact on you recently.
我刚遇见一个很酷的女孩
I-I just met a really cool girl.
你喜欢她什么
What do you like about her?
她擅长钓鱼[套话]
She’s good at fishing.
你被录取了
You’re in.
等等
Hold on.
需要帮忙吗 女士
Help you, lady?
我们有可♥卡♥因♥
Got blow.
霹雳可♥卡♥因♥ 或是安定
Base? Blues maybe?
我可能是警♥察♥
I could be a cop.
警♥察♥会开这种车吗
In this car?
你不记得我了吗
You don’t remember me?
我是科菲的律师
I’m Kofi’s lawyer.
科菲死了
Kofi dead.
我还是他的律师
I’m still his lawyer.
你不觉得他们在利用你吗
You don’t think they’re exploiting you?
所以你大老远来就为了告诉我
So you came all this way just to tell me
我没法照顾自己吗
I can’t take care of myself?
不是
No.
那是什么
What then?
我想搞清楚科菲发生了什么
I want to know what happened to Kofi.
因此我需要再做一次尸检
To do that, I need a second autopsy.
为此我需要一位
To do that, I need the signature
科菲成年亲属的签字
of a relative who’s over the age of 18.
你们律师说话都拐弯抹角
You know, you lawyers take a long time to say shit.
你知道你父亲在哪吗
You know where your father is?
我靠自己活
I’m on my own.
小家伙 该干活了
Yo, little man, back to work.
你知道自从你来到这里
You notice how ever since you came around here
想帮助别人后
trying to help people,
那些被帮助的人都死了
them same people ended up dead?
我也可以这么说你
Same could be said about you.
你是在哪长大的
Where were you raised?
-花♥园♥区 -难怪
– Garden District. – Explains it.
-难怪什么 -说不好
– Explains what? – I don’t know.
你这种自命不凡的清高
Your sense of entitlement,
你的打扮
the way you look.
以及你不该在这里
How you shouldn’t be here.
你在威胁我吗
You threatening me?
你不吃了吧 宝贝
You done with that, baby?
你可以走了
You can go now.
-我来买♥♥单 -好了
– I got this. – All right now.
谢谢你请我吃午饭
Thank you for lunch.
谢他吧 他买♥♥单
Thank him. He’s paying.
听着
Look,
科菲的爸爸和我爸爸不是同一个人
Kofi dad and my dad, not the same man.
你知道他在哪吗
You know where he is?
它的肾呢
And his kidneys?
天呐 千万别让它死
Oh, God. Please don’t let him die.
那条狗是…
That dog is…
麻烦尽全力救它 谢谢
Please just do everything that you can. Thank you.
持毒且意图贩毒 只是给你和约书亚的
PWID? Shit was only for you and Joshua.
无所谓了 还是算贩毒
Don’t matter. It’s still distributing.
-但就大概… -不
– But they only had, like– – No.
不管有没有营利
It don’t matter if it’s commercial.
你都是毒贩
You’re still a dealer.
至少法律就是这样看的
Well, at least what the law thinks.
妈的
Shit.
大♥麻♥吗
Weed?
法官是谁
Who’s the judge?
法官是谁
Who’s the judge?
-麦卡利斯特 -好
– McCallister. – Yeah.
你们家有人得癌症吗
Anyone in your family have cancer?
-我祖母 -好
– My grandmama. – All right.
麦卡利斯特法官的妻子死于乳腺癌
Judge McCallister’s wife died of breast cancer.
你就告诉他这大♥麻♥是给祖母买♥♥的
You tell him that you bought the weed for your grandmother.
你还是需要拿她的其他止痛药的处方
You’ll still need to bring in a script of her other pain meds
化疗的记录以及…
and records of chemo and…
她需要医生开处方
I mean, she needs something from the doc.
-对 -好的
– Yeah. – All right.
谢了