但人们之所以那么做是因为他们害怕
But the world’s doing that because it’s frightened.
我能感受到他们的恐惧
I can smell the fear.
这样很不错 因为我能利用恐惧
That’s a good thing, ’cause I can work on fear.
再加上朋友们的一些帮助
And with a little help from our friends…
你什么时候开始叫他迈克尔的
When did you start calling him Michael?
最近
Recently.
-哪种酷刑 -亚当
– What kind of torture? – Adam.
我觉得不该这样聊起他
I don’t think we should be talking about him like this.
真的吗
Really?
过去四百年我们都一直沉默
We’ve done 400 years of not talking.
我还挺想说出来
Kind of in favor of getting it out there.
他们对他干吗了
What’d they do to him?
通过塑料管往一辆密闭的车里
CS gas pumped through a hose
灌催泪瓦斯
into a locked vehicle
而他就被反绑在车上
with him hog-tied inside.
这位年轻人干吗了
What did this young man do?
遭致酷刑的原因吗
What, to get tortured?
遭致逮捕的原因
To get arrested.
姜戈
Django.
他偷了一辆汽车
He stole a car.
-姜戈 -妈妈的车
– Django! – Mom’s car.
等等 你都知道吗
Wait, you knew about this?
他偷了萝宾的车
He stole Robin’s car,
然后遭受酷刑 然后被谋杀
then he was tortured, then he was murdered?
那辆车被用来肇事逃逸
The car was used in a hit-and-run.
大家都说
Well, you know what they say.
犯罪之都
Crime in this city.
投票支持查理·费格罗
Vote for Charlie Figaro.
严厉打击犯罪
Tough on crime,
-严厉打击犯罪动机 -很喜欢抄袭嘛
– tough on the causes of crime. – Big on plagiarism.
那是托尼·布莱尔的话 引用要说出处
That’s Tony Blair you’re not attributing.
所有人都一直叫他孩子
Everyone keeps calling him a kid,
但是
but…
他叫什么 爸爸
what was his name, Dad?
科菲·琼斯
Kofi Jones.
他什么样
What was he like?
我们早上才去了他家
We were just at his home this morning.
我都不知道呢
I didn’t know that.
“我们”
“We”?
你父亲和我
Your father and I, uh,
告知他家人死讯
to give the family the news of his death.
姜戈 老天
Django. God…
见鬼 过来 出来
Goddamn it. Come on, get out of there.
见鬼 来 出来 走 出去
Damn it, come on, get out of there. Go on. Get out.
出去 去外边
Out. Go outside.
这儿有什么要紧的玩意儿
The hell is so important back here?
那是血吗
Is that blood?
听着 我
Uh, look, I-I, um…
我有话要说
I-I have something to say.
伊丽莎白 你说的对
Elizabeth, you’re right.
我们已经好久没跟你们交流了
We haven’t been talking to all of you, and…
我们俩都
…both of us, we’ve…
越来越封闭
been going inward
因为萝宾的事
because of what happened to Robin, and…
我很抱歉
I’m sorry.
这正是她最不想看到的
It’s the last thing she would have wanted.
我们都是一家人
We are family.
亚当
Adam?
失陪
Excuse me.
亚当 亚当
Adam. Adam.
这是要干吗
What the hell was that? Huh?
你什么意思
What do you mean? What–
现在知道不听我的话会怎么样了吧
You see what happens when you don’t listen to me?
你是指你未能掌控一切的
Oh, you mean when you’re not in control
-时候吗 -当然 没错
– of every little thing? – Yes. Yes.
我就是要掌控一切
I need to be in control.
听着 孩子 我们
Listen… buddy, w-we…
必须团结
we have to… we have to be tight.
我们必须团结一致
We have to be an alliance.
你不能随便请人来家聊天
You cannot just invite people over for a chat.
就给你外婆打了一个电♥话♥
One phone call to your grandmother,
-看看这后果 -你的意思是
– and look at the consequences. – Are you telling me I can’t even
我连跟自己外婆说话都必须经过你允许吗
talk to my own grandma without getting your permission?
-你知道我不是 -当然
– No, no, you know I am not– – Yes!
-你就是 -南希·卡斯特罗
– You are. – Nancy Costello.
不要认为她是友善的警官
She’s not a friendly police officer to us.
不是了 她是警探 可以毁掉我们
Not anymore. She’s a detective, and she can destroy us.
那你的新女友呢 爸爸
And what about your new girlfriend, Dad?
-不 那…我们不是 -她可是个律师
– No, that… We’re not– – She is a lawyer
-也可以毁了我们 -不是这样的
– who could destroy us. – That is not what it is.
听着 亚当
Look, Adam…
你还有大好前程
you’ve got your whole life ahead of you.
而且我知道
And I know–
但你连他遭受了酷刑
But you didn’t even tell me
都没有告诉我
that he was tortured.
我…我不能 不告诉你那些可怕的细节
I-I couldn’t. I-I thought it was best I didn’t tell you
-比较好 -好什么
– all the sordid details. – How? How?
行吧 嗯
Okay, yeah, no,
-我知道 -因为你不需要知道
– I get it– – Because you don’t need to know.
怎么着 你要决定我该知道什么
What, so you get to decide what I get to know,
-什么时候知道吗 -当然 当然
– when I get to know it? – Yes. Yes. Yes.
我决定真♥相♥是什么
I decide what the truth is.
没错
That’s right.
一点没错
That’s exactly right.
我能理解你说谎
I get the lying.
但你能不能…哪怕一次 说出来
But can you j-just, one time, just say it,
承认你知道发生了什么
just admit that you know what happened?
你想知道真♥相♥吗
You want to know the truth?
一个帮派分子偷走我们的车
A gang member stole our car
交通肇事逃逸
and was involved in a hit-and-run
杀死了一个孩子
and killed a boy.
那位帮派分子遭受警方酷刑
That gang member was tortured by the police.
他认罪后
He pled guilty
入狱
and went to jail…
在监狱里丧命
and he died in jail.
我是你的父亲
I am your father.
我是在做父亲该做的
I am being your father.
爸 我可以叫优步车
Dad, I can Uber.
送她过去 盯着她 送她回来
Drive her. Watch her. Bring her back.
怎么不干脆买♥♥一辆摩托车呢
Why don’t you just buy her a motorcycle?
亚当说谎是我的错
It’s my fault that Adam lied.
人们出于各种理由而说谎 伊丽莎白
People lie for all sorts of reasons, Elizabeth.
我天天都见惯了
I see it every day.
而且不全是糟糕的理由
And not all of those reasons are bad ones.
我了解自己的儿子
I know my son.
他只是不想因为祭日没有表示
And he just didn’t want to hurt you
这种我们自己的错误伤害到你
by our failure to mark the day.
他说谎的动机再正当不过了
His lying couldn’t be better motivated.
说出这种话你很自豪是吗
Uh, is that a sentence you’re proud of–
正当动机的说谎
well-motivated lying?
你就是这么教儿子的吗
Is that something you want to teach your son?
我平时经常做一件事
You know, there’s this thing that I do.
有次跑步要跑完的时候
Right at the end of a run.
最后300米
The last 400 yards,
往第七街去的时候
as I turn down Seventh Street,
我一辆一辆数路边停了有多少辆车
I count the parked cars I sprint by.
在遇到一辆行驶的车之前
And the number of parked cars that I pass
经过了几辆停在路边的车
before a moving car passes me–
亚当就能活几年
that’s the number of years Adam has to live.
很傻 我知道
It’s stupid. I know.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!