What’s your name, son?
亚当
Adam.
德夏托
Desiato.
你跟他有关系吗
You’re related?
这个问题不好回答吗
Is that a tough question somehow?
他是我爸
He’s my dad.
你知道你不可以给管制区拍照吧
You know it’s not cool taking pictures of a secure facility, right?

Yeah.
抱歉
Sorry.
下不为例 好吗
Don’t let that happen again, a’ight?
我想你肯定很不希望
I’m thinking probably the last thing you want
被聪明的律师戏耍
is a smart lawyer fucking with you.
是你决定认罪的
You made a decision to plead guilty.
这我尊重
I respect that.
我来只有一个原因
I’m here for one reason only:
让你尽量少服刑
to keep the number of years down.
量刑范围在5到30年
The sentencing range is five to 30.
这是很大的自♥由♥裁量范围
There’s a hell of a lot of discretion built in there.
所以你的辩护很重要
So what’s said on your behalf really matters.
你这么早认罪是好事
Your early guilty plea helps.
没有犯罪记录也是好事
Having no criminal record really helps.
丢下同龄人在街边流血致死
Leaving a kid your own age bleeding to death in the road…
然后又偷走他想拿来呼救的手♥机♥
…and then stealing the cell phone he was trying to call 911 on,
就不是好事
not so helpful.
外表很重要 虽然不该 但事实如此
Appearances matter. It shouldn’t but it does.
好发型 脸刮干净
A good haircut and a clean shave.
那要怎么做
And how’s that gonna happen?
你在这里有朋友
You’ve got friends in here.
小莫给你钱吗
Little Mo paying for you?
我是无偿的
I’m pro bono.
天下没有免费的午餐
There’s no such thing as a free lunch.
拉丁语里也没有
Not even in Latin.
等等 你会拉丁语吗
Wait. You know Latin?
律师拉丁语
Lawyer Latin.
自从我10岁时 那个凶恶的法官
Ever since that mean-ass judge called me “Doli incapax”
说我”不受处罚”
when I was ten years old.
那么小还没有是非观
Too young to know wrong from right.
指控的什么罪名
What were you charged with?
就那一套
Usual shit.
黑人滑滑板
Skateboarding while Black or whatever.
整个法庭都嘲笑我
Whole courtroom laughing at me.
大家有时还会喊我”多莉”
People still call me Dolly sometimes.
新奥尔良警方对你还好吗
NOLA PD been good to you?
现在是什么情况
So what am I looking at?
按规矩来的话 10年
We play it straight, ten.
如果不呢
And if we don’t?
我去找地检官
I go to the DA.
说什么
With what?
有个都市传说
There’s an urban myth.
什里夫波特警♥察♥把嫌疑人塞进一辆老破车里
Shreveport cops using an old beater car to put suspects in.
你听过吗
You heard that?
他们锁上车门 把那可怜虫五花大绑
They lock the doors, hog-tie the poor bastards,
然后放尾气
then they let in the gas.
住口
Stop.
他们什么伤痕都不会留下
Not a mark on them.
唯一的证据
Only thing that shows?
他们的眼睛
The eyes.
又红又痒
Red, itchy.
聪明的律师不会去碰
Nothing for a smart lawyer to fuck with.
-别说了 -好
– Stop! – Sure.
都市传说嘛
Urban myth, right?
我不会改口的
I ain’t changin’ my plea.
随你做什么 但我不会改口的
You do what you do, but I ain’t flipping my plea.
不会有那个必要
It won’t ever come to that.
访客停在访客区
我是你的上司 迈克尔
I’m your boss, Michael.
我有责任告诉你 你气色很差
It’s my job to tell you you look terrible.
知道你为什么气色这么差吗
You know why you look terrible?
跑去下九区
Field trips to the Lower Ninth.
没必要地正式审判
Trials that shouldn’t be trials.
做没人看的假释报告
Probation reports when nobody needs them.
太正义了吗
Too much justice?
你可别在我面前站上道德高地 迈克尔
Don’t you get all moral high ground with me, Michael.
我们都没精力去呼吸那上面
Neither of us has the energy for that thinned-out fucking oxygen
那么稀薄的氧气了
that you’re living off up there.
这是简单的数学问题 案子忙不过来
It’s basic math– we have an unbelievable case load,
而你完成工作的速度太慢了
and you are taking too long to get through your work.
我这么说 是因为我爱你
I’m telling you this because I love you.
嗓子清够了就直说吧 莎拉
Stop clearing your throat, Sarah, and say it.
《华♥盛♥顿♥邮♥报♥》一记者昨天给我打了电♥话♥
A reporter from The Washington Post called me yesterday
要我对他的报道做出回应
to comment on his story.
-知道是什么报道吗 -不知道
– Know what that story’s about? – No.
杀人犯和强♥奸♥犯审前获释
Murderers and rapists freed pretrial
只因新奥尔良法官工作积压
because NOLA judges are backlogged.
这栋楼里的每个法官都要因为
Every judge in this building is about to take a massive hit
迈克尔·德夏托的良心受抨击了
so that Michael Desiato can sleep at night.
我们准备好了 法官
We’re good to go, Judge.
回见 迈克尔
I’ll see you later, Michael.
谢谢你的加入 法官
Well, thank you for joining us, Judge.
别那么做 沃登
Don’t do it, Warden.
我以为法官应该是不偏不倚的
I thought judges-were supposed to be impartial.
你是把这词的意思搞混了
You are confusing impartiality with something else.
卡洛·巴克斯特是个凶残危险的种族主义者
Carlo Baxter is a vicious, dangerous racist.
这词用的太随便了吧 法官
Those are very loose terms you’re bandying about, Judge.
恕我直言 这些词
With respect, those are terms
是对事实不偏不倚的描述
representing an impartial description of the truth.
动议不过是让巴克斯特先生参加弟弟的葬礼
The motion is for Mr. Baxter to attend his brother’s funeral.
我们又没要求什么过分的事
We’re not asking for any favors here,
只是基本的同情
just some basic human compassion.
法官 你收到法庭书♥记♥官的庭审笔记了吗
Judge, do you have the court reporter’s notes from the trial?
不需要
I don’t need them.
巴克斯特的辩护是他当时不在场
Baxter’s defense was that he wasn’t there,
是其他人打断了贾斯汀·詹姆斯的脊椎
that it was someone else who snapped Justin James’s spine
害他坐上了轮椅
and put him in a wheelchair
还不知怎么把卡洛的DNA
and then somehow planted Carlo’s DNA
栽赃在了受害人身上和现场各处
all over the victim and the scene.
她也在吗
Is she there?

Who?
他妈妈
The mother.
巴克斯特太太也在 怎么了
Mrs. Baxter’s present, yes. Why?
吉娜·巴克斯特说她儿子那一整天都跟她在一起
Gina Baxter said that her son was with her all day.
所以他和他妈妈都是被证实的说谎者
Which makes him and his mother proven liars.
我们反对她的语气
We object to the tone
也不承认她描述的真实性
and, frankly, the veracity of her characterization.
那你反对”被证实的说谎者”吗
Do you object to proven liars?
我们别乱说坏话了 就用事实说话
Why don’t we get back to some facts instead of slinging mud around?
巴克斯特先生一直都是模范犯人
Mr. Baxter has been an exemplary prisoner.
模范
Exemplary.
如果不让他和他的家人一起
Now, it would be just cruel not to let him be with his family
参加他弟弟的葬礼 太残忍♥了
when they bury his brother.
并且
And here’s the thing.
距离他的刑期期满只有两周了
There are only two weeks left on his sentence.
他难道会傻到这时候做什么出格的事吗
What kind of idiot would he be to mess things up now?
他就是傻到 差一点点
The kind of idiot who comes within an inch
就杀了一个15岁大的男孩
of murdering a 15-year-old boy
只因为他不喜欢那孩子的肤色
for no other reason than he doesn’t like the color of his skin.
巴克斯特家愿意
The Baxter family is happy
负担运送和保护卡洛
to meet the full cost of transport and security for Carlo
参加他弟弟葬礼的全部费用
to attend his brother’s funeral–
如果 上帝保佑 您能够准许这一动议
if, God willing, you see fit to grant the motion.
这就是你使出的浑身解数了 赞德先生
Is that the best you can do, Mr. Zander?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!