You gonna? Yeah.
真要去吗 没错
If you don’t, I will.
如果你不上 我就上了
I think I prefer this one, just slightly. The brightness.
我觉得我略微偏向这幅 鲜艳一点
Yeah. Didn’t he say that he wanted me to include this one, too?
没错 他是不是说让我也把这幅加进去
Yeah, definitely. Let’s not forget this. This is brilliant.
是啊 当然 我们别忘了 这个很不错
I mean, the blue, it’s just…
这种蓝色 真是太好了
And side by side, I think. They’ll be really good side by side.
我觉得并排摆吧 并排摆肯定很好看
Do you want a drink? Tea or water?
喝点东西吗 茶还是水
Tea is lovely, thank you.
茶吧 谢谢你
I told you he’d do a great job of promoting you.
我说过他会大力提拔你的
He’s a dynamo.
他是个精力充沛的人
He thinks the world of you.
他对你评价很高
Really? Why? Did he say something?
真的吗 为什么 他说什么了吗
Well, he obviously has enormous respect for your judgment,
他显然很看重你的眼光
and supposedly a total dependency
而且貌似极其
on the chocolate truffles you turned him on to.
依赖你给他买♥♥的那种巧克力松露
Yeah, it’s funny. I have a confession.
是啊 挺有趣的 我得承认
I’ve come to the conclusion that…
我得出的结论是
Have you…
你以前
Have you always had those earrings?
你以前戴过这副耳环吗
These pearls? No, they’re new.
这副珍珠耳环么 不 是新的
Where did you get them?
你从哪得到的
They were a gift.
别人送给我的礼物
A gift.
礼物
All right, you have to promise that you won’t tell anybody, okay?
好吧 你得发誓不会告诉别人 好吗
They’re from Greg.
是格里格送的
What?
什么
Yeah, they’re from Greg.
没错 是格里格送我的
I shouldn’t even be blabbing about this,
我不应该透露这件事的
but we’ve kind of been having a little something together.
我们似乎有点那个意思
A what?
什么意思
An affair.
恋爱
It sounds so dramatic, doesn’t it? But
听起来有点不可思议 是吧 但是
that’s what it is. We’ve been having an affair.
这是事实 我们恋爱了
Please, don’t look so shell-shocked. Don’t.
拜托别这么震惊 别这样
He’s married.
他已经结婚了
Yeah, but we all know what a shambles
没错 但是我们都清楚 他的婚姻
that is, and it’s not because of me.
已经岌岌可危了 而且那也与我无关
I don’t know, it just all got very serious, very quickly.
我不知道 一切都突然间变得认真起来
Since when?
什么时候开始的
For a while now. At first,
不久之前 一开始
we just met and we talked about my work.
我们只是见面聊聊我的作品
He is so perceptive. And then he told me…
他眼光敏锐 之后他告诉我
He told me I wandered into his dream,
他告诉我 我闯进了他的梦中
and he put his hand on mine
他把手放在我的手上
and told me how miserable he was at home
和我诉说他在家中的痛苦
and, well, things just went from there.
然后 一切就这样开始了
He’s a fabulous lover, and…
他是个很棒的情人 而且
I just don’t know. I don’t want him to leave his wife for me,
我不想他为我抛弃妻子
and he was going to do that already.
但他已经要那样做了
I don’t know, it feels
我不清楚 我感觉
like I’m in a soap opera, but it’s so lovely.
就像在演一出肥皂剧 但感觉如此美妙
But I don’t know if it’s just a reaction,
但我不知道他这样的反应是不是因为
you know, after spending six years with a wife that’s bipolar.
和患有躁郁症的妻子生活了六年之久
I don’t know.
我不知道
Are you okay?
你还好吗
Will you please not leave your bicycle in the hallway?
能不能别把你的自行车停在过道
I nearly broke my neck.
我差点把脖子摔断
What’s the matter? Nothing. Did you hear anything?
怎么了 没事 有什么消息吗
About?
关于什么的
What the hell do you think about? Your book!
你在想什么鬼东西 你的书啊
Hey, back off! What is eating you?
别闹了 你烦什么啊
I’ve been by the goddamned phone all day!
我已经在该死的电♥话♥旁守了一整天了
What’s the problem?
发生什么事了
I can’t stand working for Greg Clemente!
我无法忍♥受在格里格·克莱门特画廊做事了
He treats me like a fucking secretary!
他他妈的对我像秘书一样
Book his tables, get his lunches, arrange his theater tickets!
订餐桌 带午餐 还要处理他的戏票
I need my own gallery!
我要自己开间画廊
I’ve got a headache. My head is splitting!
真头痛 我的头要炸了
Take your pills.
吃点药吧
What the hell do you think I’m trying to do here?
你♥他♥妈♥的以为我在这干什么呢
Where are they? Excuse me.
药在哪呢 让开
I thought you liked working for him.
我还以为你喜欢为他工作呢
I need to start a family!
我想生个孩子
You know, I wouldn’t have to be doing this
如果你养得起我们
if you could just support us.
我根本不用做这些
You know what? You’ve had trouble on your last three jobs.
知道吗 你之前三个工作都遇到了麻烦
Maybe it’s not always your employers.
也许不总是你老板的原因
Yeah? What the hell is that supposed to mean?
是吗 你这话是他妈的什么意思
Look, start your own art gallery!
好啊 那你自己开家画廊好了
And with what?
拿什么开
We can’t afford to pay the food and rent around here
没有我妈的资助
without my mother helping!
我们连吃饭和租♥房♥♥子的钱都没有
Hey, you have a migraine! Don’t take it out on me!
你现在头痛 别冲我发火
Hello.
你好
Roy? Malcolm Dodds.
罗伊么 我是马尔科姆·道得
Hello.
你好
Hi. Look, we are so sorry
你好 是这样 我们很抱歉
that we’ve held you up for so long on this book.
让你为这本书的消息等了这么久
But there’s been a lot of talk about it up here,
但是我们为此做了很多讨论
and we’ve decided it’s not going to work for us.
之后我们觉得这本书不适合我们
And?
然后呢
I mean, obviously, we liked it.
显然 我们喜欢这本书
But it’s not that different
但它和我们要出版的
to something else we’re going to publish,
另外一本书有点雷同
and we didn’t want two books with the same idea.
我们不想出版两本内容差不多的书
I see.
我懂了
But in the end, you preferred the other one.
最后 你们还是选择另外一本了
To be perfectly frank, Roy, there are nice moments in it.
坦白讲 罗伊 里面有几段很精彩
But a lot of people here didn’t think it was your best work.
但很多人觉得这不是你最佳的水平
Anyway, I hope you’re going to try us again.
不管怎样 我希望你再投稿试试
What if I can rewrite it?
如果我可以重写呢
Am I disturbing you?
我打扰你了么
Mum, can’t you call sometimes before you come over?
妈妈 下次来之前能不能先打个电♥话♥
I’ve got a horrible headache.
我现在头疼很厉害
Migraines are tension, darling.
亲爱的 头疼是因为精神紧张
Yes, I know what migraines are!
是的 我知道头疼是怎么回事
And I need to change my life.
我需要改变我的生活
You shouldn’t be working. You should be raising a family.
你不该一直工作 你应该生个孩子
I really don’t want to discuss this right now, Mum.
妈妈 我现在不想讨论这个
Well, I’ve come to share an incredible insight.
我来是想分享一点非凡的见解
I’ve spent two hours with Cristal Delgiorno,
我和克丽丝托·德尔乔诺共度了两小时
two riveting hours.
精彩绝伦的两小时
I’m not in the mood.
我现在没兴致
I’m just not in the mood to get into any of that right now.
我现在对那些东西一点兴趣都没有
Can I help myself to a drink?
我能自己倒杯酒吗
For some reason, I love your brand of whiskey.
不知为什么 我喜欢你这牌子的威士忌
I’m not normally a whiskey drinker.
通常我都不喝威士忌的
Well, that’s it. They rejected my novel.
好了 他们拒绝了我的小说
Roy. They don’t think it comes off.
罗伊 他们觉得我写的不够好
Not my best work, try harder.
不是我最好的作品 再努力一点
After all this time, leaving you dangling like that.
隔了这么长时间 一直让你提心吊胆的
I can’t try harder. That’s all I have in me.
我没法再努力了 我就这么大能耐了
You gave them sections to read.
你给他们读过一些章节
They seemed okay with it.
他们不是觉得还不错吗
They seemed to like sections, but the whole book
他们是只喜欢那几章 而不是整本书
Can I tell you an insight? What? What is it?
我能说下我的见解吗 什么见解
Well, I know you’re going to pooh-pooh this, Roy,
罗伊 因为你们都相信自然科学
being so scientific minded,
所以一定会对此不屑一顾
but it turns out that I’ve lived before.
但是原来我是有前生的

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!