Forgive me for barging in.
原谅我冒昧闯入
I’ve just come from Cristal’s.
我刚从克丽丝托那里来
She had some things to say about
她告诉我
your father’s upcoming wedding.
你父亲快结婚了
Is there something I could sip on?
有什么可以喝的东西吗
Helena, you’ve sipped us dry.
海伦娜 我们都被你喝干了
Unless you’re willing to try cooking Sherry.
除非你想把雪利酒煮了
I’m just joking.
我只是开玩笑
By the way, she said
顺便说一下 她说
you would hear about your book any day now,
你的书最近随时会有消息
but not to be upset if the verdict was negative.
但如果结果不好也不要沮丧
I hope Cristal
我希望克丽丝托
put your mind at ease about Dad’s remarrying.
能让你轻松面对爸爸的再婚
Cristal said…
克丽丝托说
She said he would never be as enchanted with
她说 他永远不会像当初痴迷我一样
this other woman as he was with me.
痴迷于其他女人
Well, I’m sure she’s right.
那是肯定的
Have you met her?
你见过她了吗
Actually, we’re going to meet her tonight.
实际上 我们今晚就去和她见面
Dad’s taking us to the park for drinks and a concert.
爸爸要带我们去吃饭 听音乐会
Cristal and I were talking about
克丽丝托对我说
a new love that I will soon be meeting.
我马上会有新的爱人
Wow. That’s exciting news. Isn’t it, Roy?
太激动人心了 是吧 罗伊
Yeah, you will meet a tall, dark stranger.
是啊 你会遇到一个高个神秘人
I will not be alone. I will find love.
我将不再孤单 我将找到爱情
I can rest assured.
我的余生有了指望
What does she charge you for this message of hope?
她收了你多少钱 才给你这些期盼
It’s not hope, it’s a certainty. Cristal predicts it.
不是期盼 而是必然 克丽丝托预言了
He doesn’t believe, Sally.
他不相信 莎莉
No, I believe,
不 我相信
unfortunately, that you will meet the same tall, dark stranger
遗憾的是 你将遇到的那个高个神秘人
that we all eventually meet.
我们最终都会遇到
And look where that cynicism has got you over the years.
你看看你冷嘲热讽这么多年有什么好结果吗
Cristal knows things she couldn’t possibly know
如果不是天赋异禀
if she wasn’t blessed with a gift.
克丽丝托怎么会知道些她不可能知道的事情
Look, did it ever occur to you that she might be
听着 你想没想过她可能
getting her information from your masseuse?
从你的按♥摩♥师那里得到信息呢
I mean, not to mention
更不用说
what you give away without realizing it…
你无意间会透露出些信息
Roy! What?
罗伊 怎么了
She tells her what she wants to hear and takes her money.
她说些她想听的 好收她的钱
Well, you take my money
你也拿我的钱
and certainly don’t tell me what I want to hear.
还不说我想听的呢
Why can you two not be together without tension?
为什么你们俩在一起就不能融洽点呢
I’m just trying to prepare your husband for a blow
我只是想跟你老公说让他做好
should his work be rejected.
自己的书不被通过的心理准备
Well, my work will not be rejected.
我的书肯定通过
And if it is, this hustler you see made a 50-50 guess.
就算没通过 那个骗子也只是二选一猜中了这结果
You see how that works?
你明白猜中的几率有多大吗
Mum?
妈妈
Please, just give him a break.
求你了 消停一会儿
He’s vulnerable right now.
他现在很脆弱
Hasn’t a spiritual bone in his body.
他没有一点慧根
How can he write books?
怎么写得出书呢
So, Cristal said you’re gonna meet someone.
克丽丝托说你会遇见什么人
Isn’t that good news?
那不是好消息吗
She also said that you’re perfectly able to conceive.
她还说你能怀孕了
Well, of course I am, and you know that, too.
我当然能 你也知道的
Well, I couldn’t after your brother died.
你弟弟死后我就不能生了
I mean, the doctor said it was psychological, but…
医生说是心理上的问题 但是
I couldn’t give Alfie another child,
我不能再为艾尔非生小孩了
and he longed for a son.
他一直想要个儿子
Please, let’s not relive everything constantly.
拜托 别再不停地提这些陈芝麻烂谷子了
Anyway, look, we must go.
我们得走了
There they are.
他们在那儿
Hello.
你好
This is Sally and this is Roy. Hello. All right?
这位是莎莉 这位是罗伊 都好吧
Hey, how are you? Charmaine Fox.
你好吗 这位是夏米安·福克斯
From America. Yeah.
美国人是吗 是的
You didn’t tell me. Never tells me nothing.
你没告诉我 以后什么事都要和我说
Hello.
你好
Don’t want to flash everyone now. No.
我可不想在大家面前露底
Dad said you were an actress.
爸爸说你是个演员
Yeah. Yeah.
是的 是的
I tried it in Hollywood for a while,
我在好莱坞呆过一段时间
but if you don’t know people, it…
但如果你不认识人的话
It’s like a vicious circle, you know?
就像个恶性循环 你知道吗
Yeah.

So, what are your plans?
那么你有什么计划
I think…
我觉得
Well, her plans are, you know,
她的计划就是
to be my wife, Mrs. Alfie Shepridge.
成为我的妻子 艾尔非·谢伯里奇的夫人
She’s going to be the mother of my son.
她会为我生个儿子
The boy… One day I’ll teach him football,
有一天我要教我儿子踢球
or something like that. Isn’t that right?
或者其他本事 对吧
No…
才不是呢
Anyway, she… You were in…
不管怎样 她… 你那时在…
She was in a few movies, films, on TV.
她出演了些电视电影
Stop it.
不要说了
But you were.
但你确实是演了
Just small parts.
就是些小角色
What were the films?
哪些电影呢
Science fiction.
科幻片
I was the leader’s daughter,
我扮演首领的女儿
but from another galaxy.
银河那头来的
That’s right up your street.
就是你喜欢的那种电影
Roy is a doctor.
罗伊是名医生
Well, actually, he wrote a novel about a physicist,
实际上他写了一本关于物理学家的书
based on Werner Heisenberg, isn’t it?
是关于维尔纳·海森堡吧
Yeah.
是的
Who?
谁啊
So, how long have you known each other?
你们认识多久了
Three months. No. No.
三个月 不对 不对
Two months. Two months. Yeah.
两个月 对 两个月
So, you’ve actually just met.
这么说 你们其实才刚认识
Well, we’ve spent every day together since we did meet.
我们遇见后天天都在一起
And can you blame me? We have. Yeah.
这能怪我吗 确实那样
I mean, I was besotted with
初次遇见之后
charming Charmaine from the very first day
我就被夏米安迷住了
and it just, you know…
这就像
So that’s…
那是一种
So, how did you meet?
你们怎么认识的呢
A mutual acquaintance introduced us.
一个熟人介绍的
That’s how we met.
我们就认识了
Yeah.
是的
Here, Alfie was not being truthful.
说到这儿 艾尔非没说实话
Technically, maybe,
理论上来说 大概算是这样
but that wasn’t the whole story.
但他没把故事说完整
Hello. Come in.
你好 进来吧
So, you’re Charmiane.
你是夏米吧
Charmaine. Charmiane.
我叫夏米安 夏米安
Sorry. Come in.
很抱歉 进来吧
Yeah, he said you were very pretty.
他说过你很漂亮
My body’s how I make my living, isn’t it? Yes.
我就是靠脸靠身材吃饭的 是啊
I’m always working out.
我经常锻炼
Good. Well, me, too.
很好 我也是
Look, feel this.
看这 摸一下
Not bad. You’re buff, ain’t you?
不错 你很强壮 是吗
Yeah.
是啊
Would you like a drink?
喝点什么吗

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!