You’re out of your way, aren’t you?
你平时不走这的吧
Yeah. Did you see my wife?
是 你看到我太太了吗
She came out of the hotel just now.
她刚从酒店里出来
Mrs. Shepridge? No, I didn’t, to be honest.
谢伯里奇夫人吗 没看到 真的没看到
I just passed in the taxi
我刚坐的士经过
and I just saw her coming out of the hotel.
看到她从酒店里走出来
Honestly, I didn’t see her. No.
真的 我没看到她
What are you doing over here anyway? I live just down there.
你来这干什么 我住在那边
But, I’ll see you soon.
那么 那回见了
Yeah. You didn’t?
你真的没见到
So, what were you doing at the Hotel Lucerne today?
你今天去卢塞恩酒店干什么
I said, what were you doing at the Hotel Lucerne today?
我说 你今天去卢塞恩酒店干什么
I wasn’t at the Hotel Lucerne.
我没去过卢塞恩酒店啊
I thought I saw you.
我以为我看到你了
Well, you must have been mistaken.
你肯定认错人了
So, where were you at noon today?
那你中午在哪儿
I was in the gym.
我在健身房♥
And if you don’t believe me, you can ask Ray Richards.
你要是不相信我 你可以去问瑞·理查德
He was showing me one of those new machines they got.
他在给我看新进的机器
The day came when Roy moved out.
罗伊该卷铺盖走人了
And for the time being, where else could he move,
眼下他除了搬到迪娅家
but in with Dia?
还能搬哪儿去
I mean, we don’t just want it.
我们不止想要你的小说
We are absolutely ecstatic.
我们简直被它迷住了
Everybody, literally
每个人
everybody who’s read it has been knocked out.
每个读过小说的人都被震住了
Bill Cousin said to me, “I can’t believe the same man
比尔·卡森说 他没法相信写了那两本书的人
“Who wrote his last two books wrote this one.”
居然和写这本书的是同一人
Nothing you’ve done could prepare us for it.
你的发挥让我们有些措手不及
Anyway, my theory is this. This is the real you,
不管怎样 我觉得这才是真正的你
and what you were doing before
你之前所做的
was you were forcing your
是调整自己的作品
books to accommodate your intellectual ideas.
以切合自己的智慧
No, thank you.
现在不用了 谢谢
Anyway, we all believe
总之 我们都相信
that this makes you emerge as a major talent.
这本书会让你成为天才作家的
Do you remember this place?
你还记得这里吗
We ate our dinner here the first night we went out.
我们出去的第一晚是在这里吃的晚餐
Do you remember? We sat over there.
你记得吗 我们当时坐那儿
Remember that? I do, indeed.
记得吗 当然记得
They knocked that wall down.
他们把那道墙拆了
You were so insecure. Do you remember that?
你当时局促不安 你还记得吗
Yeah, I wanted to impress you.
是啊 我想让你留下深刻印象
I remember the date, it was 9th of January, 1970.
我记得那天是1970年1月9日
It was a Friday. I forget nothing.
星期五 我都记得
No, you don’t. Of course, you loved me then.
当然 你那时还爱着我嘛
Oh, don’t say “Then” Just like that. “Then.”
不要强调”那时” 平铺直叙就好
You make it sound like another lifetime. Thank you.
听上去像是前世一样 谢谢
I mean, we’ve been through so much together.
我想说的是我们在一起经历了很多
Sally’s various growing pains, and the loss of Paul.
莎莉各种成长的烦恼 保罗的离去
Let’s not talk about it.
我们别说这个
Well, we got each other through it, didn’t we?
但我们互相扶持共度难关 都熬过来了不是吗
Not quite.
不完全是
Helena, is there any chance that we could begin again?
海伦娜 我们还有可能复合吗
What?
什么
I made a terrible mistake.
我犯了个可怕的错误
My life is so messed up.
我现在的生活一团乱
I can’t tell you how messed up it is.
我都无法形容有多混乱
But, Alfie, you’re recently married.
但艾尔非 你才刚结婚啊
I know. I blundered.
我知道 我错了
I made a stupid mistake. I screwed up.
我犯了愚蠢的错误 我搞砸了
I’m so fucking scared of being alone. Excuse me, but…
我很怕孤单 请见谅 但
And then I saw my life slipping away, and I panicked.
我看着自己的生命溜走 我害怕了
Alfie, you’ll live again.
艾尔非 你会重生的
We don’t just live one life.
我们不止活一次
The world is far more mysterious than it appears to our eyes.
世界要比呈现在我们眼前的神秘多了
What are you talking about?
你说什么呢
I’ve lived before.
我以前曾活过一次
Cristal pointed it out and it’s clear to me, and to Jonathan.
克丽丝托说的 我很清楚 强纳森也很清楚
Who’s Jonathan?
谁是强纳森
Jonathan is a gentleman I’ve been keeping company with.
强纳森是目前陪伴着我的一位绅士
So you’ve met someone else, have you?
你在和别人交往 对吗
Yes. Someone who shares my spiritual ideals.
是的 他和我心灵相通
For God’s sake, come on.
看在上帝的份上 别闹了
All I’m saying is that…
我只想告诉你
I want you back. I need you.
我想让你回到我身边 我需要你
I have a new life. I’ve moved on.
我有了新的生活 我已经重新开始
You have a new wife. You’re married.
你有了新的妻子 你结了婚
And I’m sure she’ll give you the son you’ve always wanted.
我确信她会为你带来你朝思暮想的儿子
What the hell is going on here?
你们他妈的在干什么
Nothing. Where are you going? Fuck off.
没什么 你要去哪 滚开
Alfie, Alfie!
艾尔非 艾尔非
Don’t touch me! You want some?
别碰我 想挨拳头吗
He was just trying to… No!
他只是想 不
Ray? Help!
瑞 别打了 救命
Fuck!
他妈的
If you can hear me, Claire Wunch, make yourself known.
如果你能听见我 克莱尔· 旺奇 请现身
Is that you, Claire?
是你吗 克莱尔
If the spirit is Claire, please signal
如果是克莱尔的灵魂 请示意
one for yes, two for no.
敲一下表示是 两下表示否
Are you all right, Claire? Are you happy?
你还好吗 克莱尔 你快乐吗
I still love you very much, Claire. Do you care for me?
我依然很爱你 克莱尔 你想我吗
Ask her.
问她
I will always care for you, my darling Claire.
我会一直想念你的 我亲爱的克莱尔
Ask her, Jonathan. Just wait.
问她 强纳森 等下
Claire, I’ve always been faithful.
克莱尔 我一直忠于你
I love you.
我爱你
Ask her about us.
问她我们的事
Yes. I don’t want to upset her.
我知道 我不想让她不安
You said you needed her permission. Ask her.
你说你需要得到她的允许 问她
Claire, you know you’ve always been the one.
克莱尔 你知道你一直是我的唯一
I can’t. Ask her, for Christ’s sake!
我做不到 问她 看在上帝的份上
Please. Please, this is difficult for me.
求你别这样 这对我来说很难
I still love the woman.
我仍然爱着她
Helena! Please, Helena!
海伦娜 求你别走 海伦娜
Boys, here she is.
哥们儿 她来了
Guys, meet Dia,
各位 来见见迪娅
my muse and future wife.
我的缪斯女神和未来爱妻
Hello, Dia. Where’s he been hiding you?
你好 迪娅 他把你藏哪里了
Have you been in the Witness Protection Program?
你是在执行证人保护计划吗
It’s like you dropped off the world or something.
感觉像是你舍弃了世界还是怎么的
Give me a break. Give me a break.
饶了我吧
Look, my marriage broke up, I’ve had to move out,
我的婚姻失败了 我必须搬出去住
my novel’s being rushed into print. That’s right.
我的小说忙着出版 没错
And I’ve been exploring the
我还在探索
erogenous zones of this incredible creature.
这位尤物的性感地带
I hear wonderful things about your book.
我听说了你的书写得很不错
When do we read it?
我们什么时候能读读
There’ll be freebies for everybody.
会免费送给你们每个人的
Who can blame me if I’ve been
上个月的活动把我累倒了
a little overwhelmed by events of the last month?
所以才耽搁了
I wanted to get to the funeral. I just couldn’t.
我想参加葬礼 但我没法去
That whole thing was so tragic. I mean, it was just so awful.
这整件事太悲剧了 真糟糕
How is Mike coming?
迈克怎么样了
You know, people come out of comas sometimes
人们有时会从昏迷中醒来
and they’re okay.
他们没事
It happens.
这种情况会发生的
No, Mike’s not in a coma.
不 迈克不是昏迷
Don’t tell me he died. Yeah, he did.
别告诉我他死了 是 他死了
Oh, God.
天哪

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!