Okay, well, you do know that that was 3,500 years ago.
奴隶制对我们来说 只有曾祖父母那么远
Slavery is one great-grandparent away for us.
没错
-That is correct.
我奶奶就摘棉花
-You know. My grandmother picked cotton.
爸爸 我觉得他们不是在…
Well, Daddy, I don’t think that they were trying–
-不 这是真的 -我奶奶摘棉花
-No, it’s true, honey. -My grandmother picked cotton.
我不用回埃及 我回到75年前
I don’t have to go back to Egypt. I just go back 75 years.
你知道 犹太人占世界人口1%的一半
You know, Jews make up one-half of 1% of the world’s population,
因为我们被系统地摧毁了
because we were systematically annihilated.
没错
Exactly.
你们占据1% 0.5%的人口
The one and one-half percent of the population that you make up
现在似乎很好
seems to be doing pretty good right now.
是的 好吧 但是…
Uh, yeah, okay, but…
问题是 我们并不是没有努力
Here’s the thing. It’s not like we don’t work hard for it.
你知道吗 我是说阿诺德 他在诊所非常非常努力
You know? I mean Arnold, he works super-duper hard in his practice.
他是足病医生 是的 亲爱的
-He’s a podiatrist. You do, honey. -And…
他父亲做的什么
And what did his father do?
他是个足病医生
He was a podiatrist.
那他的父亲呢
And what about his father?
他是…足病医生
He was a… a podiatrist.
是的 所以 这有点…
-Yeah, so… -Well.
-还开赌局 -是的 他做那个当副业
-And a bookie. -Yes, he did that on the side.
他后来洗心革面了
He went straight.
我只想说我们的人
All I’m saying is that our people
像其他所有人一样 只身来到这
came here with nothing like everybody else.
其实你们来这里
Actually, you kind of sort of came here
带着像其他所有人一样 用奴隶贸易赚来的钱
with the money that you made from the slave trade.
-什么 -说得好
-What? Oh! -Preach.
说得好 妈妈
-Preach, Mother. Preach, Mother. -Holy moly.
-拜托 -这是真的
-Come on. -It’s true. It’s very tr–
-我想看看你的消息来源 -宝贝 去拿我的钱包
-I would like to see your sources on that. -Baby, go get my purse.
我的钱包里有奴隶收据
I’ve got my slave receipts in my purse.
去拿我的钱包
-Go get my purse.
我们不谈这个好吗 我不会每天打开新闻
-Take that off the table. I don’t turn on the news every day
就看到戴着犹太圆顶小帽的人 被警♥察♥开枪打死
and see people in yarmulkes getting shot by police
只是因为他们在忙自己的事
because they was out minding their business.
首先 你们不知道自己在说什么…
Okay, first of all, you have no idea what you’re talking about.
这是个非常不舒服的对话
-A very uncomfortable conversation.
有没有想过土豆怎么样了 还有多久可以递给我
Ever figure out what happened with the potatoes? An ETA on those?
我在努力
I’m trying.
你没事吧
Are you okay?
我们得吹灭蜡烛 我有过敏反应了
I think we need to blow the candles out. I’m getting an allergic reaction.
宝贝 你能把蜡烛移开吗
Babe, can you move the candles?
当然了 好的
-Yes.
把蜡烛拿走 它们闻起来像屎
-Can you get these candles out of here? -Yes. -Candles smell like shit.
不 没关系 我知道了
-No, it’s okay. I got it.
我奶奶摘棉花的时候 你爷爷在弄脚
When my grandmother was picking cotton, your grandfather’s picking feet.
我懂 我知道
Yes, I agree.
妈妈 我只想让你坐下 我办的聚餐
I just want you to sit down. I am hosting.
-你不知道要放哪里 -让我帮忙吧
-No, no. There they go!
我是想…
I am supposed–
哦 靠
-Oh, shit! Oh, shit!
-靠 拿点水什么的 -喂 搞什么
-Oh, shit! -Oh, shit! -Grab some water or something! -Oh, shit! What the fuck!
你在做什么 嘿 不
What are you doing? Hey! No!
-对不起 -住手
-No! No!
它会烧掉房♥子的 对不起
-Stop it! -I’m sorry!
我的天啊
Oh, my God.
天啊
Oh, Lord.
靠
Oh, shit.
我们该怎么办
What are we gonna do?
-关于库菲圆帽的事 没有了 宝贝 -不 我们的父母
-About the kufi? It’s gone, baby. -No, our parents.
谁在乎
Who cares?
我们都不用担心这个
Like, we don’t even have to worry about that.
你♥爸♥爸很难搞 对 但我们早就知道会这样
I mean, your dad’s intense, yeah, but we knew that going in.
这是什么意思
What is that supposed to mean?
就是他没笑 也没开过一个玩笑…
Guess it’s supposed to mean that he didn’t smile or make one joke–
哇 你是想说 我爸是个愤怒的黑人吗
Oh, wow. Are you trying to say that my dad’s an angry Black man?
我没说过他愤怒 没有
I never said he was angry, no.
没错 但你说一个黑人很难搞
Yeah, but you’re saying a Black man is intense,
这就是暗示他愤怒
which is insinuating that he is.
他是黑人 他很难搞
He is Black, and he’s intense.
没错 但你作为一个白人 不能这样说一个黑人
Yeah, but you don’t say that as a white person about a Black person,
说他们“好斗”或者“难搞”
calling them “aggressive” or “intense.”
这是在消极挑衅地说 他是个愤怒的黑人
That’s being passive-aggressive saying that he’s an angry Black man.
-我应该说他不难搞吗 -别说我爸的任何事
-Should I say he’s not intense? -Say nothing about my dad.
如果要怪任何人 那就怪你妈妈
If anyone should have any beef, it’s with your mom.
她烧了我爸爸的库菲圆帽
She set my dad’s kufi on fire.
我妈怎么了 是的 她是有点白♥痴♥
What’s wrong with my mom? I mean, yeah, she’s, like, an idiot,
但她还是没有恶意
but she still, like, means well.
她又不是故意的
It’s not like she did it on purpose.
行吧 这可不好说
Mm. Yeah, I don’t know about that.
我不会为了这么荒谬的事吵架 好吗
All right, I’m not gonna argue about something so ridiculous, okay?
我们来聊聊拉比吧
All right, let’s talk about the rabbi.
我觉得我们不需要请 找个我们的朋友来做吧
I don’t think we need that. Let’s just have a friend of ours do it.
我想用我们的伊玛目
Um, I would like to use our imam.
你们的伊玛目
Your imam?
好的 穆♥斯♥林♥活跃小姐
Okay, Miss Shakur. When did you get so Muslim?
-你什么时候变得这么穆♥斯♥林♥了 -我就是穆♥斯♥林♥ 我出生就是穆♥斯♥林♥
I’ve been Muslim. I was born Muslim.
这对我爸爸来说很重要 所以我觉得我们应该去做
And it’s important to my dad, so I think we should go with it.
-你昨天吃的是穆♥斯♥林♥培根吗 -其实是的 是犹太培根
Was that Muslim bacon you ate yesterday? It actually was. It was Jewish bacon.
是犹太培根吗
-Jewish bacon? -Yeah.
我无法自称超级犹太人 我整天吃培根 我不在乎
-I don’t claim to be super Jewish. -Okay. -I eat bacon all day. I don’t care.
那又怎样 然后呢
-Okay. Well, so what? And?
-你想让伊玛目给我们证婚 -所以呢
-Yeah, you want an imam to marry us. -So?
要我把床朝向麦加吗
Want me to face the bed towards Mecca?
-我可以 -其实我想 非常愿意
-I can do that. -Actually, I do. Very much so.
好的 我喜欢你四小时前 变成了虔诚的穆♥斯♥林♥
Okay, cool, I love that four hours ago you became a devout Muslim.
-当然 -你♥爸♥爸都不是那么穆♥斯♥林♥
-For sure. -Your dad’s not even that Muslim!
他听过一次“与权力抗争” 就把他的名字从伍迪改成阿克巴了
He heard “Fight the Power” once and changed his name from Woody to Akbar.
好吧 现在你太过分了 别激动
Okay, now you’re going all out of line. Relax.
你是这么跟说的 我们还拿这件事开玩笑呢
-You told me that. We joke about it. -Yeah.
但我告诉你这个 不是让你用来反驳我的
But I didn’t tell you that for you to turn around and tell me. You’re being–
真的 冷静 你现在有点混♥蛋♥了
Really, low-key, you’re being an asshole.
我混♥蛋♥
-I’m being an asshole?
是的
-Yes.
好吧
-Okay.
你知道吗 我不想吵架 我不能
You know what? I really– I don’t wanna fight. I can’t.
我不想因为这件事吵架 好吧
I don’t wanna fight about it, okay?
我们今晚发生太多事了 我真的… 我不能
We just had too much going on tonight. I just… I can’t.
我也是 我也不想因为这个吵架
Me either. I don’t wanna fight about it either.
听着 我觉得如果我们想着
Look, I think our time would be best used
怎样往前走 我们的时间 才能得到最好利用的
if we just think about how to move forward.
我同意
I agree.
我要提议 我们再也不跟这些人说话了
I’m gonna pitch that we just never speak to these people ever again
完全彻底地休息一下
and just a full, clean break.
我们不能那样做
We cannot do that.
我在想 或许我们多陪陪他们呢
You know, I’m thinking that maybe if we spend more time with them together,
也许你和我爸爸可以一起出去玩 就你和他
maybe you and my dad can kind of hang out, just you and him.
听起来不错
Sounds rad.
然后他可以和你一起自在地相处
Then I think he can get comfortable with you, you know.
然后也许他会看到我们之间的情况
And then maybe he’ll see what we have going on.
可能会让他感觉到 你知道… 你也是
Just might make him feel, you know… and you too.
好的
-Okay.
好的
-Okay.
好
-Okay.
我要睡觉了 我刚来月经 太难受了
I gotta go to sleep. I started my period, and it’s just been hell.
是啊 我也很担心
Yeah, I’m worried too,
因为我已经35年没来月经了
’cause I haven’t gotten my period in, like, 35 years.
我应该去看看医生什么的
-I should see a doctor or something.
阿米拉告诉我 你放弃了一份金融的工作
Amira told me that you gave up a job in finance
就是为了做播客