完整而完全的爱
wholly and completely.
而且她爱我
And she loves me,
我们想和彼此结婚
and we wanna marry each other.
你在见到我之前就决定了
And you just decided before you even met me
你恨我
that you hated me.
然后你一见到我
And then once you met me, you put all your energy
你就把所有精力都花在了发掘我上面
just towards, like, smoking me out
或者试图证明我不属于黑人
or trying to prove I don’t belong around Black people,
或者我是研究者 不是目击者
or that I’m a researcher and not a witness.
所以你带我去公园玩球
That’s why you brought me to play ball at that park.
所以你带我去那个理发店 让我像傻子一样穿着一件红色卫衣
Why you brought me to that Crip barbershop while I’m wearing a red hoodie like an idiot.
所以你才跟我说我的播客 我的音乐品味和我说话的方式
It’s why you fuck with me about my podcast and my music taste and how I talk
以及我思考的方式和我的朋友是谁
and how I think and who my friends are
基本上是我参与的一切
and basically everything that I’m a part of.
我就接受了 我接受
And I just take it. I take it!
我接受你的做法 我整天都在接受
I take your shit. I take it all day.
它教会了我一件事 你说对了
And it did teach me one thing that you were right about.
那是什么
And what’s that?
我永远不会
I will never, ever, ever
知道在这个国家当黑人是什么感觉
know what it’s like to be a Black person in this country.
但我知道混♥蛋♥什么样
But I do know what an asshole is.
对 我知道
Yeah, yeah, I know.
我真的很满意 他们是一群好…
I’m really pleased with the way– and they’re such a nice group of–
阿米拉 嗨
Oh, Amira! Amira. Hi!
失陪一下 好吗
Would you excuse me for just a second?
-我的天啊 -嗨
-Oh, my gosh! -Hi.
嗨 我只是想让你停下 告诉你我觉得你很漂亮
Hi! I just wanted to stop you and tell you that I think you look so pretty.
谢谢
Thank you.
那是湿卷吗
Is that a roller set?
你的头发 是湿卷吗
Your hair. Is it a roller set?
不 不是
Um, no, it’s not.
好了 也不是小辫子 对吧
Oh. Shoot. Okay. It’s not individuals, right?
不是
No.
不是吗 好吧 靠
No? Okay. Shit.
好吧 我想我得回去看看画板了
All right, well, I guess I’m gonna have to go back to the drawing board.
自从单身派对以来
I, uh– Ever since the bachelorette party…
我就对黑人的头发沉迷了
…I just did this really deep dive on Black women’s hair.
比如说 我看了 克里斯·洛克的纪录片
And, um, oh, for example, I watched the Chris Rock documentary.
我不知道你有没有看过 非常棒
I don’t know if you’ve had a chance to see it. It’s absolutely fantastic.
他很好笑
And he’s so funny.
他的声音总是让我笑
There’s something about his voice that always makes me laugh.
但不管怎样 黑人女性的头发 没什么好笑的 你知道吧
But anyway, there’s nothing funny about Black women’s hair, you know.
我的天啊 我真的不知道
I mean, my God, I just had no idea.
我是说 我真的很吃惊
I mean, it really blew my mind.
你知道 黑人女性所经历的
You know, the energy and the time
能量 时间和痛苦
and the… the pain and the suffering that Black women go through.
所以 无论怎样 我想在下次见到你时
And so, anyway, I just wanted to be well-versed
我想要精通这个 那你继续忙吧
for when I saw you next, and I’ll let you get back to it.

Yeah, and–
在你走之前 你能告诉我…
but before you go, can you just tell me…
这是什么款式吗 这样下次我就知道了
What is this style? Just so I know for next time.
雪莉 我不是一个玩具
-Shelley, I’m not a toy. -Because I–
我真的很不喜欢你把我当成
I really don’t appreciate you treating me
可以跟朋友炫耀的小物件
like some shiny little object you can show off to your friends.
我从没做过那种事
Oh, no, I would never do anything like that.
-不 你有 -不…
-No, you are. -No–
你能让我说完吗 是的 你有
-Just let me finish. Yes, you do. -Oh, no, I–
自从我认识你之后 我一直都只有友好和尊重
Since I met you, I’ve been nothing but kind and respectful.
开始觉得像是
And it’s starting to feel like
你们有了 这个黑人儿媳妇之后很开心
you’re all happy that you have this Black daughter-in-law
现在关心黑人是很酷的
now that it’s cool to care about Black people.
我打赌每次我们出去玩的时候 你都会告诉你的一个朋友
I bet every time we hang out, you tell one of your friends,
我可以保证 你不告诉他们的是
and I can guarantee you that what you don’t tell them
每次我们出去玩
is that every time we hang out,
你都太冒犯了 而且非常不恰当
you are wildly offensive and incredibly inappropriate.
-我没有… -你现在要哭了
-Well, I’m not– -Oh, and now you’re gonna cry.
你要掉金豆子了 扮演受害者
You’re gonna clutch your pearls and play the victim
就好像我说的没有一点是真实的
as if everything I just said, none of that was valid.
我的感情是虚假的
My feelings are not valid.
你的感情受到了伤害
Your feelings are hurt.
我对你太过激进了吗
-Am I being too aggressive with you?
我是在跟你“生气”吗
Am I giving you “angry”?
疯狂的是 我真的很想了解你
The crazy thing is that I really genuinely wanted to get to know you,
女人之间互相了解
woman to woman.
我以为你会看到我
I thought you would see me.
这就是我…
-That’s what I–
不 不是
-No, it’s not.
因为你不能为了看到我而去这样做
Because you can’t just see me for me.
不管你看了多少书 或者你看了多少纪录片
It doesn’t matter how many books you read or how many documentaries that you watch,
因为到最后 我对你来不只是阿米拉
because at the end of the day, I won’t just be Amira to you.
我永远都是阿米拉 黑人象征的儿媳妇
I’ll always be Amira, the Black token daughter-in-law,
那很无礼
and that’s ignorant.
阿米拉 你没事吧
Amira, are you okay?
有事
Not really.
雪莉女士 你没事吧
-Miss Shelley, are you okay? -Mm-hmm.

All right.
阿米拉 亲爱的
Uh, Amira, honey.
我能跟你谈谈吗
Can I talk to you for a second?
是的
Yes.
你想先说吗
You wanna go first?
我想 但听起来你也一样
-I do, but it sounds like you do too.
是的
-I do.
以斯拉…
Ezra…
我不知道要怎么样才能走下去
I don’t know how this is gonna work.
好吧
Okay.
只是…
It’s just…
你知道 你的家人
You know, your family,
我的家人 整件事情
my family, the whole thing,
我不知道是否本来就该这么困难
I don’t know if it’s supposed to be this hard,
不知道我是否在直言不讳 我只是…
and if I’m being honest, I just…
天啊 我无法承受
Oh, God, I don’t have it in me.
对不起
I’m so sorry.
我同意
Uh, I don’t disagree.
我们家庭的事 就像是…
The stuff with our families, like…
我妈 你♥爸♥
my mom, your dad.
是啊 我想我没看到有改变 所以…
Yeah, I guess I don’t see it changing, so…
我想让你知道
I do, uh, I do want you to know that,
和你在一起这段 是我这辈子最开心的时光 所以…
uh, this time with you has been, like, the happiest time of my life, so…
我也有同感
I feel the same way.

Okay.
我一直在想你说的话
I’ve been thinking about something you said.
兄弟 如果我每次听到 都有一块钱的话
Nigga, if I had a dollar for every time I heard that one.
你太讨人厌了 你知道的 对吗
You’re extremely unlikable. You know that, right?
什么
-What?
话说 我说了什么话
Anyways, what did I say
一直深刻萦绕在你脑海里
that’s been profoundly rattling around in your consciousness?
你说过黑人和白人永远不合
You said that Black people and white people could never be cool,
我觉得你是对的
and I think you’re right.
是的 兄弟 我当然是对的
Yeah, bro, of course I was right.
我总是对的
I’m always right.
这是你的困扰吗 我永远是对的
Is that what’s bothering you? That I’m always right?
不 困扰我的是 我有一瞬间觉得你错了
No, what’s bothering me is, for a second, I believed you were wrong.
我们有希望 为了未来
That there was hope for us. For the future.
当两个来自不同社会的人走到一起
That when two people from two different walks of life came together,
他们可能靠他们对彼此的同情
they could get by on their compassion for one another
和好奇与爱生活
and their curiosity and their love.
但归根结底 说到黑人和白人
But at the end of the day, when it comes to Black and white people,
我觉得爱情是不够的
I don’t think love is enough.
其他外在因素太多了
There’s too many other outside factors.
不管是你的朋友还是家人
Whether it be your friends or your family,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!