Am I hearing a phone or is it my…?
是我听到了电♥话♥铃♥声♥还是…
I’ve gotta remember to install one by the couch.
我记起来我在沙发边装了部电♥话♥
Your house.
你的房♥子
Dr. Kevorkian’s. This is Debby.
科沃基恩医生家 我是黛比
Oh, hang on, miss good.
别挂 古德女士
Janet Good.
詹妮特 古德
Ooh, there we go. Hey, Janet.
给你 你好 詹妮特
I don’t know how to say this, so I’m just gonna say it.
我不知道该怎么开口 那就直说了
I’m sorry. I know it’s the last minute,
我很抱歉 现在已经是最后关头了
But my husband Ray– he’s a retired police captain
但是我丈夫雷 他退休前是警队长官
And he feels very strongly
对于使用我们的屋子
that we can’t use our house.
他意见很大
He feels that it would put us at risk.
他觉得这会让我们陷入危险当中
Are you kidding me?
你是在开玩笑吗
Lady, are you kidding me?
女士 你是在开玩笑吧
I’ve got Margo at the airport
我已经让玛格在机场
Picking these people up as we speak.
按原计划接那些人了
You can’t do this to me. Oh. Yeah, well,
你不能这么做 是的
I could make some other suggestions.
我可以提供别的建议
There’s nothing further to be gained by talking to you.
和你再讨论下去也于事无补
What now?
现在怎么办
Call the whole thing off?
把一切取消吗
Although
尽管如此
Okay.
好了
I hope she like parks and volkswagens.
希望她会喜欢公园和大众汽车
Jack’s made all the arrangements
杰克把一切都安排妥当了
Mm-hmm. Good.
很好
Margo’s going to take me to the airport shortly.
玛格随即就会把我送至机场
It’s best for me to go home,
我最好还是回到家里
should anything happen with the police later on.
以免事后惊扰警方
Yes.
好
Okay.
好了
Our gardener comes on Thursday. He’s going to plant marigolds.
我们家的花匠周四会过来栽种万寿菊
Marigolds protect the garden.
万寿菊开花后就会环绕着整座花♥园♥
It’s not too late, my dear. You know?
现在后悔还来得及 知道吗 亲爱的
We can stop right now.
我们可以马上停下来
You wouldn’t offend me.
这不会让我不开心的
Do you understand? You wouldn’t offend me.
你听懂了吗 我不会不开心的
Tell me when to flip the switch.
告诉我 何时按下开关
Whenever you’re– –
只要你
Thank you.
谢谢你
“When a patient in agony dies,
当病人痛不欲生时
then a doctor’s true calling implies
医生的职业操守就会指引他们
one should do what is best, at the patient’s request,
满足病人的要求 帮助他们
for humane, quick and painless demise.”
人道地 有尊严地 无痛地死去
I told you they couldn’t keep me.
我早就告诉过你他们不可能抓我
Come in, come in. They’ve got nothing to charge me on.
上车 上车 他们没有证据控告我
All right. All right.
行了 行了
Has he no regard for the sanctity of life?
他难道不知道生命神圣不可侵犯吗
How dare he call himself a doctor?
他怎么敢称自己为医生
What can we charge him with?
我们能控告他什么呢
The medical examiner said he had no choice
法医说 他无能为力
but to rule it a suicide.
只能鉴定为自杀
I just can’t stop thinking about yesterday, how it all went.
我总忍♥不住回想昨天 回想整个事情经过
I guess somehow I just thought the whole thing would be nicer.
我总觉得 这事儿其实可以做的更圆♥满♥
Could be nicer?
更圆♥满♥
Yeah. How, “Nicer”?
对 怎么个圆♥满♥法呢
Does this look like compassion to you, David?
看出其中的怜悯了吗 大卫
Compassion?
怜悯
He kills a woman and he calls it compassion?
他杀害了一位妇女 还把这称作怜悯
If this guy Thompson wants to arrest me,
如果这个汤普森想要抓我
Let him arrest me. I don’t care.
就尽管来吧 我可不在乎
I’m not a busy man, you know.
我又不是什么大人物
We have to get you a lawyer.
我们得给你请律师
I don’t want a lawyer.
我不需要律师
Jack, they’re threatening
杰克 他们扬言
to bring you up on murder charges.
要以谋杀罪控告你
You need a lawyer.
你真的很需要律师的帮助
I don’t know any lawyers.
可我并不认识哪个律师啊
There’s this one guy I see on TV all the time.
我在电视上看到过一位律师张贴广♥告♥
You’re gonna get him.
你和他联♥系♥一下吧
He does these medical malpractice commercials.
他是做医疗事故广♥告♥的
Is that a new wig?
你戴了新假发
Yes.
是的
Why? It’s rum raisin.
怎么说起这个来 酒红色的
I think it makes me look a little more fetching.
这颜色能让我显得更加迷人
What do you think?
你觉得呢
Is that silly?
很傻吗
I don’t know. I– I don’t know.
我不知道 我 不知道
I don’t understand wigs, but that’s just me.
我不懂假发 没办法 我就这德性
One day, you know, I’m going to turn around–
总有一天 我会回头
Girls, I don’t think the good doctor sways to fancy.
姑娘们 别以为死亡医生有多么莫测高深
Hide the perrier.
也就俗人一个
This way. How good can this guy be
这边请 在没有电梯的地方办公的人
if there’s no elevators?
会好到哪儿去呢
Let me tell you something about Dick Thompson.
我来给你们粗略介绍一下迪克 汤普森的情况
He may be a card-carrying member of the religious right,
他可能是宗教右♥派♥的正式会员
But he doesn’t have a pot to piss in,
苦于没有证据
charging Jack with murder.
无法控告杰克的谋杀罪名
He didn’t kill anyone.
他从没杀过人
Nullum crimen, nulla poena sine lege.
法外无罪 法外无刑[罪刑法定原则]
“No crime…” “… No punishment without law.”
法外无罪 法外无刑
Yeah. The man knows his latin.
对 这人还懂拉丁文
I also know Mcnally, the district judge,
我还认识这儿的地区法官麦克纳利
and no way in hell is he gonna let this move forward.
他是绝对不会让任由迪克胡来的
But understand, these extremists will do
但我们也得明白 这些极端分子
everything under the sun to stop you from doing this again.
总会在光天化日之下弄些惊人之举来阻挠你
They have no recourse to stop me.
他们没办法阻止我
Did you videotape
你之前有没有录下
your conversations with Janet Adkins?
你和詹妮特 阿德金斯的对话
Yeah. Yes, I did.
有 我录下了
Why? Good. Good.
问起这个干吗 很好
Well, you see, courtrooms are theaters of conscience.
法庭就是道德伦理剧的舞台
If we show your patients pleading for your help,
如果我们能提供病人向你求助的证据
if we lay out the gut-wrenching emotions of it all,
展现出其痛不欲生的情状
that’s your golden ticket.
那你就胜券在握了
No jury will convict you with me at your side.
陪审团不会判你有罪
I simply do not lose.
而我也不会输了这场官司
He’s a wolverine. Wolverine.
他真是一头金刚狼 金刚狼
Yeah, I was a theater major.
当然 我之前主修戏剧
I did an unforgettable Giles Corey
大四那年 我在激♥情♥年代中
in “The Crucible” Senior year.
扮演的贾尔斯 科里大受好评
My mother ill has the reviews in her pocket.
直到现在 我妈妈还时常提及
Really? Yeah.
是吗 是的
I can’t afford to pay you.
但我无力负担你的律师费
Oh, you don’t have to pay me.
我不收钱
I’ll do it for free.
我免费为你打这场官司
Let them keep trying to prove this is a crime,
就让他们极力去证明你有罪
and we’ll keep proving it’s a civil rights issue.
然后我们再告诉他们这仅仅事关公民人♥权♥
So that do you think?
你怎么看
She’s a good judge of character.
她在看人方面也是个法官
That’s a wig she’s wearing.
所以她才戴着假发
Oh. Rum raisin.
真的吗 酒红色的
Jack. I like it.
杰克 这颜色不错
Thank you. You’re welcome.
谢谢夸奖 不客气
The– “The morning drive show”?
叫 叫 今日早播报
Yeah, he wanted me to ask you
是的 他让我问问你
if you’d come on as a guest.
是否愿意担任嘉宾
Sounds to 10:00 in the morning.
好像是早上10点档
It’s got a big audience.
这个节目的收听率非常高