I know why we’re going to see him, margo.
我知道为什么去见他 玛格
I’m asking if you know another word for “Groundbreaking.”
我是问有没有比”开创性”更恰当的词
So I’m hearing different things.
我听到的有所不同
I have a source that says the oakland county prosecutor
一位知情者告诉我奥克兰郡上的公诉人
is gonna intervene. Seriously, Mr. Lessenberry,
会介入调查 说真的 莱森伯里先生
They do not pay me nearly enough money to comment on local politics.
我可不想在政♥治♥上做任何评论
I understand that. I’m not asking you to comment on politics.
我知道 我不是让你评论政♥治♥
I’m asking you if you’ve had any communication
我是问问你们
with the prosecutor’s office.
有没有跟检察官那边沟通过
We are a hospital. We provide medical care.
我们是一家医院 我们只提供医护
My mercitron machine,David.
这是我的杰作 大卫
I built it just for you.
我特地为你做的
You see…
你看
We have a monumental opportunity here, David,
这是一次极好的机会 大卫
to not only…
不仅仅可以
end your own suffering
让你从痛苦中解脱
but to give your death a meaning.
还能让你死的更有意义
By providing your organs to more useful citizens,
把你的器官捐赠给需要的人
you will be benefitting society…
你是在造福社会
immeasurably.
你的贡献不可估量
Just so you know,
如你所知
we’re gonna offer them up on a first-come- first-serve basis.
我们会遵循先来后到的原则
Now…
现在
I don’t know if you know this,
我不清楚你是否明白
but I cannot give you the injection myself.
我是不能亲自给你注射的
It’s illegal.
这是非法的
But you can release these solutions
但你可以打开药剂的阀门
on your own.
亲自打开
The saline drip is gonna activate the thiopental.
输液管会先向你输送硫喷妥钠
This is gonna put you to sleep
这会让你进入熟睡状态
and set off this timer.
并设置好定时器
You’ll fall into a deep coma
当你进入深度昏迷状态的时候
as the lethal dose of potassium chloride
大剂量的氯化钾
stops your heart.
会使你的心脏停搏
Uh, I know you have no motor skills,
我知道你四肢不能动
so I added this.
所以加了这个装置
You can move you head slightly side to side.
只要稍微移♥动♥你的头就行
Don’t do it now, but I’m gonna place this
现在不要做 到时候我会把这头
between your teeth.
放在你牙齿中间
Put it in and move your head.
放进去后你只要移♥动♥头部
Very simple– move your head side to side
非常简单 轻轻挪动你的脑袋
just a little bit and it goes.
只要稍微动一下 阀门就能打开
The time comes,
到那时候
you just let your teeth do all the work.
只要靠你的牙齿就行
This is outrageous.
这真是难以容忍♥
No it’s not. Get that thing out of here now.
不 不是的 把那玩意拿出去
He’s just receiving new information… Jack.
他正在接受新事物 杰克
…so he’s bound to react.
肯定会有这些反应
Just give him a chance to calm himself.
给他点时间冷静下
Could you just give him a chance to calm himself?
能不能给他点时间冷静
Please leave immediately or I’ll call security
请你赶快离开 否则我要叫保安了
and have you thrown out.
让保安把你扔出去
Please leave. I’m sorry, david.
请你离开 很抱歉 大卫
I don’t need your security.
我不需要你们这儿的保安
Certainly don’t need that. Get it out of here.
我当然不需要 那就把东西拿走
David, I’m sorry for this upset.
大卫 让你不安我很抱歉
Doctor, please.
医生 快走吧
I’m sorry. And take that thing with you.
我很抱歉 把那东西一起带走
It took a couple more months,
虽然耽搁了几个月
but the doctors finally did
但医生最终还是
allow him to be taken off of life support.
同意他关闭生命维持设备
And what a brutal way he went.
这对他多残忍♥啊
Brutal? Brutal. Think about it.
残忍♥ 当然残忍♥ 你想想
Is it really any different than what the germans did
这和那些法♥西♥斯♥时期德国佬的做法
in nazi germany? Whoa whoa whoa whoa.
有什么不同 怎么能这么说
Do you want me to print that?
你想让我就这么写吗
Print what you want.
随便你
We’re talking about hospitals, not nazis.
我们在谈论的是医院 而不是纳粹
Well, they do the same thing–
他们做法没什么不同
starving people to death. They cut off their feeding
让人们饥饿而死 他们切断供给
and their water and they let them die.
切断水源 然后让他们死去
And it’s all legal.
而这却还合法
The United States supreme court has validated
美国最高法♥院♥认可了
the nazi method of execution.
纳粹的行刑方法
Excuse me.
你说什么
You– you obviously don’t approve of the current method.
看来你不赞同现在这种做法
No, I don’t. Do you?
不 我不同意 你同意吗
Starving people to death? No, I don’t think so.
活生生让人饿死吗 不 我不赞成
It’s inhumane.
太不人道了
If a person’s allowed to die,
假如人被赋予死亡的权利
Then you inject them– painlessly, quickly.
你就可以为他们注射 无痛 迅速
You don’t let them wither away.
而不是放任他们逐渐消逝
It’s inconceivable.
这超乎想象
It’s unspeakable.
也难以阐明
What would you charge for this procedure?
做这些 你的要价是多少
You don’t charge people
你不会为了这些
For something like this, Mr. Lessenberry.
而向人要钱的 莱森伯里先生
What’s wrong with you?
你是怎么回事
You– you’ve really got some story here, doc.
医生 你的确有点意思
Don’t be surprised
假如这篇报道在全国内发行
if this gets picked up nationally.
千万不要感到惊奇
Is your turkey okay?
火鸡还行吗
I don’t like fat.
我不喜欢肥肉
迈出关键一步
《新闻周刊》
Selfish bastard.
自私的家伙
You hog all the ink in the detroit papers,
你的报道占据了所有底特律报纸版面
Now you’re in “Newsweek”
现在你又上了《新闻周刊》[美国主要时事周刊]
And there’s nothing about me.
但却没有关于我的只字片语
What about me?
那我怎么办
Look at this. Man.
看看这个 天啊
“Blunt and feisty, he’s the first american doctor
直率 活跃 他是美国第一位
to advocate physician-assisted suicide.”
倡导安乐死的医生
They’re gonna have to take me seriously now.
他们现在该认真对待我了
You’re not a local quack anymore.
你不再只是个江湖郎中了
No no.
不 不是
You’re America’s quack. America’s quack!
你是全美郎中 全美郎中
Look at this.
看这个
You earned it.
是你应得的
Congratulations.
恭喜你
Neal, congratulations.
尼尔 祝贺你
“Newsweek” magazine.
《新闻周刊》
So how are we gonna celebrate?
我们要怎么庆祝一下呢
Uh, you want a glass of water?
想要喝杯水吗
Yeah, that’d be great. Great!
好 挺好的 太棒了
So when were you first diagnosed
阿德金斯太太 你第一次被诊断出
With alzheimer’s, Mrs. Adkins?
患有老年痴呆症是什么时候
About a year ago I think.
我想差不多是一年之前
It was three years ago now.
是三年之前
Oh. And what did your doctor say
医生是怎么说的
When he told you? Well, it was like a bomb.
何时告诉你的 就像是个炸♥弹♥
He said she had alzheimer’s
他说她患有老年痴呆症
And it’d come to a point
会严重到一种地步
Where she wouldn’t be able to…
她将无法
There is… Dress herself.
的确会 自己穿衣
She wouldn’t be able to take a bath.
她将无法自己洗澡
What what are some of the other fears you have?
你还害怕什么吗
That I wouldn’t know that this is my husband
我害怕我将认不出我的丈夫
And my children,
我的孩子
Or “Who am I? ”
甚至忘记自己是谁
You’re sensing the loss of things.
你感受到了失去

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!