Where is your decency and respect? Order in the court.
你的端庄和尊严呢 请保持法庭秩序
Order in this court.
请保持法庭秩序
We will take a brief recess.
现在休庭片刻
Do you see a criminal?
你看见罪犯了吗
Do you see a murderer?
你看到凶手了吗
If you do,
如果看到了
Then you– you must convict.
那你 你必须判他罪
And then take the harsh judgment of history
然后让历史来做出严厉的评判
And the even harsher judgment of your children
让你的子女做出更为苛刻的评论
And their children if they should ever come
还有他们的子女 如果他们将来
to need this choice in their lives.
也需要做出这种选择
I just ask you to think about that.
我只求你们考虑一下
Guilty of the lesser charge of second-degree murder.
被告犯有较轻的二级谋杀罪
Yes.
是的
And with regard to count two,
关于第二项指控
What is your verdict?
你们的裁决是什么呢
Guilty of delivery of a controlled substance.
被告犯有运送列管药物罪
He’s out of time. Yes.
他生不逢时 是的
You invited yourself here to make a final stand.
你来这儿做最后的抗争
You invited yourself to the wrong forum.
但是你选错了地方
Our nation tolerates differences of opinions
我们的国家能纳百家之言
because we have a civilized and non-violent way
因为我们是通过文明的 非暴♥力♥的方式
of resolving our conflicts.
来解决内部冲突
We have the means and methods
我们有一套方法和手段
to protest laws with which we disagree.
用来声讨有违人心的法律
You can criticize the law,
你可以批判法律
Lecture about the law,
斥责法律
Speak to the media or petition voters,
跟媒体诉苦或向选民请♥愿♥
But you must always stay
但你永远不能逾越
Within the limits provided by the law.
法律的界限
You may not break the law
你不能触犯法律
or take the law into your own hands.
或将法律玩弄于股掌之上
No one’s unmindful
没有人会忽视
of the controversy and emotion that exists
由生命终止和疼痛控制
over end-of-life issues and pain control.
所引发的激烈的论战和情绪的波动
I assume the debate will continue in a calm
我认为 这次审判结束后 这场争论
and reasoned forum long after this trial
仍然会以平静理智的方式持续下去
And your activities have faded from the public memory.
而你的行为已经淡出了公众的记忆
But this trial was not about that controversy.
但这次审判所针对的并不是这次论战
This trial was about you, sir.
而是针对你 先生
You’ve ignored and challenged the legislature
你藐视并且挑战了法律的权威
and the supreme court.
和最高法♥院♥
Moreover, you’ve defied your own medical profession.
此外 你无视自己的职业操守
This trial was about lawlessness,
这次审判针对的是无视法律
about your disregard for a society
你无视那个
that exists and flourishes
依靠法律的力量
because of the strength of our legal system.
才得以存在并且繁荣的社会
No one is above the law.
法律至上
You had the audacity to go on national television,
你有胆量在面向全国的电视节目里
show the world what you did,
向全世界展示你所做的一切
and dare the legal system to stop you.
法律就会惩罚你
You publicly and repeatedly announced your intentions
你多次公开声明自己的意图
to disregard the laws of Michigan.
想以此作为你藐视法律的借口
Because of this, I am imposing
正因为此 本庭对你判处
the maximum sentence of 10 to 25 years.
最高刑期十至二十五年
You may now, sir,
先生 你现在可以
consider yourself stopped.
考虑停手了
Yeah, doc! Yeah, doc!
医生 医生
You the man, Jack! You the man!
就是你 杰克 就是你
Hey, Jack!
嘿 杰克

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!