我也可以找她报道
but I want a bigger audience.
但我想要更大的影响范围
You know Mike Wallace, don’t you?
你认识麦克 华♥莱♥士♥ 不是吗
No, I under…yeah.
不 我明白…是的
I mean if…
我的意思是如果你
if you put him on the air,
如果邀请他做访谈直播
Will you be dealing with a rational human being?
你的问题不是能不能应付一个如此理智的人
Well, I can’t promise rational with Kevorkian, Mike.
而是能不能控制住自己的情绪 麦克
But if you’re asking if he’s sane,
但如果你问他是不是有毛病
I’d say yes.
我会说是
He knows exactly what he’s doing.
他很清楚自己在做什么
Dr. Jack Kevorkian, who has acknowledged
杰克 科沃基恩医生承认
helping more than 130 patients kill themselves,
帮助130多个病人自杀
tonight reveals that two months ago
今晚本台将揭露他在两个月前
he killed one of his patients himself
亲自结束一个病人生命的过程
and recorded it on video tape.
他用录像带记录下了整个经过
Tom Youk led an active life.
汤姆 约克拥有充实的一生
He restored and raced vintage cars.
他收藏古董车 参加赛车比赛
But two years ago at age 50,
但在两年前 也就是他50岁时
he was diagnosed with Lou Gehrig’s disease,
他患上了葛雷克氏症
a devastating incurable illness
那是一种绝症
that destroyed his muscles.
他的肌肉逐渐萎缩
He lost the use of his legs and then his arms.
他失去了四肢的正常运动
His family says he was in terrible pain,
他的家人说他活在巨大的痛苦中
had trouble breathing and swallowing,
甚至连呼吸和进食都有问题
and was choking on his own saliva.
还常被自己的唾液呛到
And we’re ready to inject.
已经准备好进行注射了
We’re going to inject your right arm. Okay?
我们在你的右边胳膊注射 好吗
First the doctor gave him Seconal
医生先给他服用了速可眠
to put him to sleep quickly.
让他迅速睡着
Sleepy, Tom? Tom, are you asleep?
困了吧 汤姆 汤姆 你睡着了吗
Are you asleep? He’s asleep.
你睡着了没 他睡着了
Then he injected a muscle relaxant
之后他注射了肌肉松弛剂
to stop his breathing.
来使他的呼吸停止
And this? Paralyzes the muscles.
这个呢 用于让肌肉瘫痪
But he’s still alive at…
但是他还活着
He’s still alive, but that’s why…
他还活着 那就是为什么
Now you see…now this lack of oxygen is getting to him now.
你看 现在他陷入了缺氧状态
But he’s unconscious, deeply,
但他处于深度无意识状态
so it doesn’t matter.
所以不会觉得痛苦
Is he dead now? He’s dying now,
他死了吗 他正在死去
Because his oxygen’s cut off, he can’t breath.
因为身体供氧被切断 他无法呼吸
So I’ll now quickly inject the potassium chloride
现在我要迅速注射氯化钾
to stop the heart.
来使他的心脏停跳
Now there’s a straight line.
现在他没有生命体征了
He’s dead. Yeah.
他死了 是的
The heart has stopped.
心脏停跳了
I’m shocked that it’s come to this, that in the ’90s
我很惊讶现在都九十年代了
we have to make such an issue out of something
人们还不认同这样一个观念
a person should be in control of…
一个人有权利
their own life and death.
决定自己的生死
And those who say that Jack Kevorkian,
有些人说杰克 科沃基恩
Dr. Death, is a fanatic?
或者死亡医生 是个极端分子
Zealot. I’m fighting for me, Mike,
我更喜欢狂热者这个说法 我为自己而战
For me. Because this is a right I want.
为我自己 这是我自己想得到的权利
I might wind up being terribly suffering.
我可能也会因为剧痛结束生命
I’d like to know there’s a colleague out there
如果是那样 我希望会有个同事
who will come to me in my time of need.
能在我需要的时候给予我帮助
Now that might sound selfish, and maybe it is,
这听上去很自私 或许真的是很自私
but if it helps everybody else,
但如果能帮助大家的话
then so be it.
那自私就自私吧
This whole thing’s making me sick to my stomach.
这节目让我觉得恶心
Well, he admits on National TV that he’s a killer.
他在国家电视台承认他是个杀手
50 million homes heard him say “Fuck you” to us.
五千万个家庭听到他对我们说”去死吧”
I want that whole interview
我想要那个采访的完整版
and I want him convicted.
我要他为此而定罪
Let’s make it happen, John.
我们能做到的 约翰
He’s gone too far.
他太过分了
I’m gonna represent myself.
我要为自己辩护
What? What, you’re firing me?
什么 你说什么 你要解雇我吗
Finally I get to say what I want to say.
我终于能说我想说的话了
No lawyer, not even you,
我不要律师 也不会要你做我的律师
Can address a jury the way I can.
我可以按我的方式来向陪审团做陈述
Ho! Skedaddle!
嘿 快逃
Migrate, will you?!
看你还会不会跑到这来
Jack, you don’t know shit about law.
杰克 你对法律可是一无所知啊
Okay? They’ll hurt you.
好吗 他们会伤害你的
No, I’m gonna hurt them,
不 我会伤害他们的
Because if I lose, I hurt them;
因为如果我输了 我会伤害他们
if I win, I hurt them.
如果我赢了 我也会伤害他们
Well, you’re lucky you’re in Michigan,
好吧 你该很庆幸你是在密歇根州
’cause if you were in some other state,
因为如果你要是在其他州的话
they’d fry your ass.
他们一定会整死你的
Here they’ll just toss you in a cell
在这里 他们只会把你锁到笼子里
and throw away the key forever.
然后把钥匙永远地扔掉
This is not a game.
这不是在玩游戏
No, it’s a game.
不 这就是场游戏
It’s a game that if I lose, I win,
这就是一场对我来说输既是赢的游戏
because I go to the Supreme Court.
因为我去了联邦最高法♥院♥
I get this debate in front of the people
我将这场理应属于人♥民♥的辩论
where it belongs.
呈现在了大家面前
That’s an assumption.
这不过是你的猜测而已
What if you’re wrong?
如果你错了怎么办
Never been wrong.
我从来没错过
Are you willing to set back
你想要将
the legalization of assisted suicide Never been wrong.
协助自杀的合法化 我从没错过
for god knows how long?! I’m not gonna start now.
无限期推迟吗 我现在也不会错
Migrate, will you?!
看你还会不会跑到这来
Jack, Jack, would you forget the geese?
杰克 你能先别管那只鹅了吗
Migrate! Look at you, hiding behind the boat.
让你跑来 看看你 躲在船后面
You know, I never minded feeding them,
你知道吗 我从来都不介意去喂养它们
but look at this. All over there’s poop!
可是你看看这里 全都是粪便
Watch where you’re stepping. Look at this.
看看你站的这个地方 看看这里
Geoff.
杰夫
Yeah? Your problem
怎么了 你的问题就是
you don’t see the big picture.
你没能全面的看这件事
My problem is that you’re a stubborn fool.
我的问题是 你是个顽固的笨蛋
For a brilliant man,
作为一个聪明的人
you show an alarming lack of judgment
你却在最重要的时候
when it counts the most.
表现出了如此可怕的判断力缺失
I don’t care what happens to me,
我才不在乎我会怎么样
and I’m not afraid because I’m right.
我不害怕 因为我是对的
Thank you very much!
谢谢大家
A grateful John Engler
心存感激的约翰 恩格勒
enjoys the thrill of his victory for a third term
享受着第三次当选
as Michigan’s governor.
密歇根州州长的喜悦
He trounced his demoatic opponent.
他打败了他的民♥主♥党对手
Geoffrey Fieger has to feel somewhat humiliated today.
杰夫雷 费戈今天肯定感觉很耻辱
This is a man who is not used to losing…
他是个不习惯失败的男人
not used to losing the big one, certainly,
当然也不会习惯于在重要选举中失败
The voters of Michigan have pretty resoundingly said,
密歇根州选民们非常激动的说
“Geoffrey, we might hire you
杰费 如果我们有法律案件的话
if we had a legal case,
或许会请你
but we don’t want you to be our governor.”
但我们不想你做我们的州长”
Death is not welcome here! Death is not–
这里不欢迎死亡 这里不
Pretrial hearings get underway today
密歇根州人♥民♥诉杰克 科沃基恩的
on the people of the state of Michigan versus Jack Kevorkian.
预审听证会今天举♥行♥
Now this’s following that controversial broadcast of
这里是新闻节目”访谈60分”的后续报道
the videotape showing Dr. Jack Kevorkian giving
也就是杰克 科沃基恩向托马斯 约克
a fatal dose of chemicals to Thomas Youk
注射致命剂量化学药物的
on the news program “60 minutes. ”

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!