所以我希望你能放杰克一马
Thomson blew away too many taxpayer dollars
汤姆森的那些案子浪费了很多
on these prosecutions.
纳税人的钱
I’ve no intention to waste one more nickel.
我不想再多花一分钱
As long as Kevorkian stays in line,
只要科沃基恩别太出格
he can assist as many patients as he damn well pleases.
他愿意协助多少病人自杀都可以
No worries. Jack’s learned to listen to everything I say.
没问题的 杰克知道一切都得听我的
You know, I’m only operating
我能继续这样做
by the grace of this prosecutor.
只因为某个检查官善心大发
“Go ahead. You can go do your thing
去吧 你可以在宇宙里的
in some dark little corner of the universe,
某个阴暗角落做那些事
but do it quietly. ” You know?
但是得悄悄的 好吗
The lingering of death.
拖延死期
What a business.
真有商业头脑
Keep death alive.
让人苟延残喘
Hospitals don’t make money otherwise.
不然医院怎么才能挣钱
Drug companies either.
还有那些制药公♥司♥
If you’re rich and you have the money,
如果你富有 花得起钱
you can pay to die.
就能买♥♥到去死的权利
But the poor, they can only afford
而那些穷♥人♥ 只能承受煎熬
to stick it out and suffer.
在那儿活受罪
They say complacency is a virtue.
他们说知足是一种美德
Oh, stop whining.
别在发牢骚了
You make me more nauseous than my chemo.
你的唠叨比化疗更让我想吐
You have full reign. Just deal with it.
你毫发无伤 就忍♥忍♥吧
Yeah.
好吧
I think the biggest mistake of my life
我觉得我一生中最大的错误就是
was not getting married.
没结过婚
Excuse me? I could’ve, you know,
什么 我有机会的
Procreated.
生儿育女
Kept the family name alive.
传宗接代
Why not?
有什么不好呢
Procreate? You would’ve made that big a sacrifice
生儿育女吗 牺牲你的事业只是
to keep the family name alive?
为了将姓氏传下去吗
You would’ve done that?
你会那么做吗
Well, sometimes, you’ve got to get your hands a little dirty.
光说没用 有时还需要干点体力活动才行
Well, could you have loved though, doc?
不过 你曾有想过恋爱的 对吧
That’s the bigger question.
这才是关键问题
Could you have loved?
你本可以去爱的 是吗
You didn’t put sugar in here again.
茶里又没放糖
Don’t get up.
别起来
We need to have a conversation.
我们需要正式的谈谈
You know I’m not lugging this thing around
我拉着这玩意到处走 不是因为
just ’cause it’s sexy.
它让我看起来很性感
And you’re the only doctor in my neighborhood
你是这附近唯一一个支持
that practices Euthanasia.
安乐死的医生
Oh, we’re not there yet.
现在谈还有些早
You’ve got plenty of time.
你的时间还很充裕
Fieger! Fieger! Fieger!
费戈 费戈 费戈
Okay okay, let’s keep these signs up.
好的 我们把这些标语一直举着
Let’s keep ’em up there. Oh, don’t drop that.
就一直举着 别放下来
Did you get a T-shirt?
你得到体恤衫了吗
Get those buttons out there.
把那些纽扣露出来
Buttons! Buttons!
纽扣 纽扣
What is your official stance
对于协助自杀问题
on the assisted suicide issue?
您的官方立场是什么
I give my word to the people of Michigan
我向密歇根州的人♥民♥保证
that I will not be supporting doctor-assisted suicide.
我绝不会支持医生协助病人自杀
Even with your history with Dr. Kevorkian?
可是你同科沃基恩有交情
What I’ve always said is I support
我一直以来都支持
the individual’s right to choose.
个人选择的权利
But I repeat–
但是我重申
I will not be supporting doctor-assisted suicide.
我不会支持医生协助病人自杀
There you have it, folks.
好的 观众朋友们
Now back to you, John.
回到演播室 约翰
This is Megan from channel 4 news.
4频道 来自梅根的报道
There’s something happening here, people.
朋友们 每天都有很多事情发生
And if you don’t know what it is,
如果你不知道是怎么回事
it’s Geoffrey Fieger.
杰夫rey 费戈就是答案
The 47-year-old Fieger’s flare for the dramatic
在大多数分♥析♥家并不看好的情况下
has enlivened a campaign that most analysts
47岁的费戈闪亮登场
said would be dishwater dull.
进行了一场煽情的演讲
No longer advocating for Kevorkian,
费戈不再为科沃基恩奔走
Fieger is now advocating for himself
而开始为自己的竞选做准备
and campaigning with Michigan voters,
争取得到密歇根选民的支持
Belivling himself as the anti-politician.
将自己定位在反对派立场上
Governor Engler is dumber than Dan Quayle
恩格勒州长比丹 奎尔还愚蠢
and twice as ugly.
而且加倍的丑恶
He’s a racist and he’s a liar.
他是个种族主义者还是个骗子
It’s the acerbic tongue of Geoffrey Fieger’s
这是杰夫雷 费戈的尖锐抨击
That Republicans say
共和党表示
they’ll make the major issue of this upcoming race.
在未来的竞选中 他们会对其给予足够的重视
God had his chance to come take me.
上帝曾有机会把我带走
I’ll go to him instead.
那我现在就去找他
有毒气体
Are you gonna look at me, doc?
能看我一眼吗 大夫
Or is it an Armenian thing?
这是亚美尼亚风俗吗
Is what? You know, keeping it all inside,
什么风俗 把什么都藏在心里
just keep it going.
该做什么做什么
Is that an Armenian thing?
这是亚美尼亚风俗吗
Oh, I don’t know.
不知道啊
Actually, how could it be an Armenian thing?
也对 这怎么会是亚美尼亚的风俗呢
Margo was just as Armenian as you are
玛格也是亚美尼亚人
and she talked my ear off.
却是个话痨
she told me everything.
她什么事都跟我说
She could share. You don’t share.
她懂得分享 你却不
What do you want me to share?
你想要分享什么
Anything. Everything.
任何事 所有的事
I’m afraid I know. I know.
我害怕… 我了解 我了解
No, you don’t. Yes, I do.
你不了解 我了解
I’m not afraid for myself, you dope.
我不是为我自己感到害怕
I’m afraid for you.
我是为你担忧
Your little band of Kevorkians is shrinking into nothing.
支持你的人越来越少了
Will you come closer? I can’t see you right there.
你能离我近点吗 你在那我看不到
Here.
到这来
Right here. Yes. Okay.
这里 恩 好的
See, you know Margo and I were the only two
玛格和我是唯一两个
that could tell you to shut up.
能叫你闭嘴的人
Look. You need more people in your corner, not less.
你需要更多的人站到你这边来
People that you can trust.
你需要你能够信任的人
And the only way people trust each other
人们互相信任的唯一途径
is if they know each other.
是互相了解
And nobody knows you.
而没人了解你
Nobody.
没人
How did it feel
你感觉如何
When your mother was dying?
当你母亲垂死的时候
You were a doctor, a healer,
你是个医生 医护人员
And you were helpless. How did that feel?
你很无助 那是种什么感觉
you know, I failed her.
我辜负了她
I failed my mother.
我辜负了我母亲
And?
还有呢
She once said to me
她曾经跟我说过
“Imagine, Jack,
想象一下 杰克
The worst toothache in the world.
世上最严重的牙痛
Now imagine that toothache
现在想象一下那牙痛
being in every bone in your body.”
在你的每一根骨头里
That’s…
那种痛苦
That’s what was happening to her.
那种痛苦天天折磨着她
She was my mother. I devoted my life to her.
她是我母亲 我的生命是她给的
So…
所以
So how did…how did you feel?
那你当时什么感觉

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!