Just– let’s just put the box on. It’d be better.
直接 直接把盒子套上 可能会好点
This is gonna be easier, Hugh.
休 这样可能简单点
This Watch your head.
这样 小心你的头
Down. Okay.
放下 好了
Watch your head. Here it is.
小心头 好了
Mind your head. Mind your head.
小心头 小心头
Just push it– that’s it. That’s fine.
推一下 行了 这下好了
This is gonna be easier now,
这回应该容易些了
because the gas will escape now.
因为现在能漏气了
It won’t heat up.
就不会变热了
Just like that, Hugh. Okay? Okay?
就这样 休 好吗 好吗
Now air is gonna get through, so you’ll be all right.
这回会有气体流通 所以你不会有事的
You’re not gonna heat up.
不会变热的
Let me just get this.
我来弄这个
Here we are.
准备
Okay. Once again, when you’re ready, Hugh,
好了 这次一样 休 等你准备好
we’ll have Neal turn the gas on again.
我再让尼尔打开气体
I love you, darling.
我爱你 亲爱的
I love you. I love you.
我爱你 我也爱你
It’s okay, darling.
没事的 亲爱的
You I love you.
你 我爱你
Oh god.
上帝呀
I love you.
我爱你
I love you, darling.
我爱你 亲爱的
I love you.
我爱你
He’s gone, my dear.
他去了 亲爱的
I’m gonna type out the final action report.
我会打出终结决定书
And give it to you tomorrow.
明天给你
God!
老天
So you ever gonna say anything?
你还会说话吗
Because nothing irks me more than
因为没有什么比你坐在那不出声
having you sitting there simmering.
更能让我烦躁不安的了
God forbid I should irk you.
上帝禁止我激怒你
Well, just spit it out. You’ve got something to say.
说出来吧 你有话要说
The great Jack Kevorkian. You know better.
伟大的杰克·科沃基恩 还是你更了解
That’s right. Nothing gets in the way of the mission.
没错 没有什么能阻碍你的目的
The mission? What mission.
目的 什么目的
Is that what you call rationing,
这就是你说的省着用吗
Taping a fucking sheet of plastic around a poor guy’s head?
给一个可怜的老头脑袋上缠破胶带吗
We should’ve waited till we had more gas.
我们应该再等等把气攒足
Oh, and when would that have been I wonder?
我想知道那得等到猴年马月
I should’ve insisted.
我就该坚持
He was– he was– he was– he was done.
他 他 他 他已经去了
Do you understand? He wanted it done.
你明白吗 他希望早点去
He was begging for it. We wanted to go.
他都求我了 我们本打算走了
We were ready to go. He was beggingus to stay.
我们都准备走了 但他求我们留下
He wanted it done. You saw that.
他希望早点结束 你也看见了
Yeah, I saw it. It freaked the shit out of me.
是的 我看见了 吓坏我了
Well, it worked out.
至少 还是管用了
It got done.
搞定了
I knew it would.
我知道能搞定的
We can’t be cutting corners anymore.
我们不能再偷工减料
This isn’t the old days.
如今已是今非昔比
We’re not down in the lab winging it anymore.
我们不再是在实验室想干嘛干嘛了
Jack, the next time it doesn’t feel right,
杰克 下次要再有不对劲
Call it off.
立刻打住
These are my decisions to make, Neal.
这些由我决定 尼尔
Mine alone.
只有我自己决定
Yes, sir, kemo sabe.
好吧 再说吧
This is the one we got
这一份是我们
through the search warrant at Kevorkian’s,
在科沃基恩家中搜查出来的
and you can see where he’s
可以看出
whited out a number of lines and typed over.
他涂掉了几行字 重新改过
And this is the one found in Nicol’s trash
这份是一位悉心的抗♥议♥者
by a concerned activist.
在尼克尔家垃圾桶里找到的
Mr. Gale’s desperate pleas to take off his gas mask
盖尔先生拼命呼救拿掉毒气面罩的描述
were deleted and replaced with the phrase…
被替换成了以下语句
“Patient became flushed, agitated. Breathing deeply.”
“病人面色潮红 紧张焦虑 呼吸困难 ”
“Increased rate of respiration and muscle tension
“呼吸频率增加
with no overaction. ” This directly contradicts
肌张力无亢进” 这与尼克尔先生
Mr. Nicol’s photocopied version…
影印件上的说法相左
“Saying ‘take it off.'”
(病人)”求救道 ‘拿掉它'”
…and suggests that Dr. Kevorkian
这说明了科沃基恩医生
was attempting to cover something up.
企图掩饰什么
“Saying ‘take it off’ once again,
(病人)”再次呼救 ‘拿掉它’
He fell into unconsciousness. ”
接着他丧失了意识”
The tragedy is that Mr. Gale did not want to die that day,
可悲的是盖尔先生并不想在那天死去
but Dr. Kevorkian didn’t care.
而科沃基恩医生未予理睬
An inquest will be held.
此案会进行审讯
He lied in his report!
他在报告中撒谎
He is the most honest man I know.
他是我见过的最诚实的人
Honest to a fault! Could we continue please?
甚至诚实过度了 请不要纠结于此好吗
Mr. Nicol,
尼克尔先生
when Mr. Gale said, “Take it off”–
当盖尔先生说”拿掉它”的时候…
he was talking about the plastic tent
他指的是套在他头上的
on his head, not the gas mask.
塑料头罩 而非毒气面罩
And his lungs locked up. That happens with emphysema.
之后他的肺管堵塞 这是肺气肿的症状
Then why would Dr. Kevorkian
可既然如此 为什么科沃基恩医生
feel the need to correct–
觉得有必要修改…
You’re grasping at straws here.
你这是在做最后的挣扎
It was a simple typographical error,
这就是个简单的排印错误
which I had pointed out to him
我给他指出了
and he corrected.
于是他改正了
He typed up a new copy
他重新打了一份
which was going to go in our records.
以供记录的保存
Before you ransacked his apartment!
然后你们就去洗劫了他的公♥寓♥
But this typo, in its original, was four lines long.
但是这一份 开头排错的部分只有四行字
Why wouldn’t he just rip it up
如果只是写错了
and start again if it was a mistake?
他为什么不干脆重新拿张纸写
To save on paper.
为了节约纸张
Dr. Kevorkian is
科沃基恩医生
incredibly cheap.
非常节俭
It was a very emotional day,
那天我们都很感伤
as they all are.
一如往常
And I’m sure when he typed it up,
我也知道他打那份记录的时候
it was in the middle of the night
已经是半夜三更了
and he was trying to do three things at once
而且他还要兼顾其它
like he always does.
他总是这样一心多用
Mrs. Gale, please,
盖尔夫人
for your husband’s sake,
请为了你的丈夫
the truth.
说出实情
My husband of 22 years
我和丈夫共同生活了22年
faced death so many times from his seizures,
病魔让他多次面临死亡
He used to pray not to wake up.
他祈求能一睡不醒
He talked about shooting himself,
他谈到过要开枪自杀
but he didn’t want to leave me the mess to clean up.
但他不想留下狼籍让我收拾
So here’s your truth, Mr. Thompson.
汤普森先生 我告诉你你想要的事实
As sick as Hugh was,
不管休病得多么严重
I begged him not to make the call.
我都求他不要打这通电♥话♥
I begged him every night for nine months.
九个月来我每晚都百般求他
And then before Christmas,
到了圣诞前夕
I asked him what he wanted for a gift–
我问他想要什么样的礼物
The last gift I’d ever give him–
这也是我给他的最后一个礼物
and he said,
他对我说
“There’s only one thing you can get me, sweetheart.
亲爱的 你能给我的唯一礼物
It’s an appointment with Dr. Kevorkian.”
就是约见科沃基恩医生
I find no factual basis to proceed.
无事实根据 无法继续
Exonerated once again.
再次无罪获释
Jack, 15; Thompson, zilch.
杰克 十五 汤普森 零蛋
Wow. No wonder everyone’s drinking at this show.
难怪在这画展上人人举杯共饮