Checks to be countersigned, Mr. Kirby.
这些文件需要请你签字 科比先生
I wouldn’t mind his carrying on right in the office,
我不介意他在办公室打情骂俏
but he’s getting serious about her.
但他似乎是玩真的
Why, Miriam, it’ll be bigger than steel and can together.
米里亚姆 它会比钢铁更大 可以在一起
Talked to me for hours about her last night.
他一直在讲昨夜的事
Answer those.
回答这些问题
Who? Tony.
谁? 托尼
Talked to me for hours about his secretary. Told me he was. . .
他一直在讲昨夜的事
Yes? Mr. Ramsey to see you.
拉姆齐先生求见
Well, I’m too busy.
我在忙
He says he’s in trouble. I don’t care if he is in trouble.
他说他有麻烦 我才不管
Anthony.
安东尼
Yes, yes, about Tony. Well, I’ll speak to him.
对了 我会跟他谈一谈
That was Ramsey.
拉姆齐那老家伙
Just found out what’s up, and is he screaming for help.
一直想来求我
But in the meantime, what about this girl?
那么 这女孩你打算怎么样?
No.
不
What sort of a family is she from?
她的家庭背景如何?
Who? The secretary?
谁 那个秘书吗?
Yes. Not steel or can, or Ramsey, or. . .
别再管你的什么拉姆齐…
All right, all right. Don’t get so excited about it.
好了 不要这么激动
The girl’s a stenographer.
那女的是速记员
Boys like Tony don’t marry stenographers.
托尼是不会娶她的
Anthony, we’ve got to do something about this girl.
安东尼 我们一定得想法子解决
All right, I’ll fire her.
好吧 我会炒她鱿鱼
This isn’t a business deal.
这不是交易
You can’t settle anything by firing the girl.
你不能这样解决
All right, then I won’t fire her. Hello.
那就不要炒她鱿鱼
No, no, no, I didn’t mean you.
不是 我不是说你
You weren’t going out, were you? Yes. I thought I. . .
你现在就要走 是的 我想…
We had a date, don’t you remember?
我们还有约会呢 你忘了?
I’m sorry. I forgot.
对不起 我忘了
Yeah, we ought to discuss where to go, don’t you think?
我们还没讨论要去哪里
Well, I. . . Yeah, yeah,
嗯 我 耶 耶
we can’t just pop out of the building with no place to go.
我们总不能不知道要去哪儿
That’s a very bad idea that, you know I. . .
这是个很糟糕的主意 你知道我…
I knew two people that did that once.
我认识两个人
They went out of the building.
他们上次就是这样一起出去
They were uncertain, so they just walked and walked, and walked
但不知该去哪里 结果不停的走路
and finally they just died of hunger.
到最后就死掉了…是饿死的
Now, you wouldn’t want anything like that to happen.
你总不希望发生这种事吧
Because if that happened. . .
因为假如那样的话
You’re so beautiful.
你真的好美
Sometimes you’re so beautiful it just gags me.
有时候 你的美丽让我不知所措
Maybe you’re not real. Maybe you’re a phantom or something.
或许你不是真的
I keep expecting you to vanish.
我一直担心你会消失
Look, you better sit down over here, I think, for a while.
你最好先坐下
Phantoms don’t vanish very often in a sitting position.
坐着的精灵是不会消失的
There. Now, wait a minute.
先等一下
Here.
这
Here.
这
Now, let’s see.
让我好好看一看
That’s a very lovely picture.
这样照下来 真的很漂亮
Tony, I. . . Now, wait a minute. Don’t say anything.
托尼 我 等一下 先别说话
Now look, phantom.
听着 幻觉
Last night I informed that irate lady
昨晚 就在刚才那间办公室
that was just in your office a minute ago
我告诉我妈妈
that I was going to marry you.
我打算要娶你
I don’t remember you telling it to me.
我不记得你有告诉过我
No, well, you didn’t ask me.
因为你没问我
That’s right, I didn’t.
我是没问过
No, but she did.
可是她有问我
I talked about you so much that she finally said,
我一直告诉她你的情形
Well, now the next thing I expect to hear from you
她说我好像. . .
is that you’re gonna marry the girl. ”
打算要娶你
And I said, “Yeah, that’s it exactly.
我说“一点都没错”
What did she say? Nothing. Nothing.
她怎么说 什么都没说
Just fainted dead away?
她有昏倒吗?
No, no. No, she took it standing up.
没有…她站得挺端正
You know, if you scratch under the surface here
如果你在我手上抓一抓
you’ll find a proposal lying around.
会发现上面有张订婚喜帖
I admit it’s kind of left- handed.
我知道 我这样做有点愚蠢
I can’t help that. I’m sort of a left- handed guy, you know.
可是 我就是这样的人
Tony.
托尼
What about them?
他们怎么办?
Mother and Dad?
我父母吗?
Did you see the way she looked at me?
她刚才看我的那种表情
I know just what she was thinking.
实在是…
Now, Alice. Now, listen now.
爱丽丝 听我说
There seems to be the impression around here
大家似乎有点错误印象
that the Kirbys are ogres or something.
把柯比家的人都当作怪物
Well, if they are, that doesn’t make any difference to me.
就算他们是怪物 也不关我的事
They’re just putty in my hands, Alice.
他们只是我的父母
I never in my life wanted anything that I couldn’t get
如果我有什么东西得不到手
if I just yelled loud enough.
只要大吼几声就成了
Worked like a charm when I was a baby,
尤其是我小时候最管用
and since then I’ve had so much practice that I’m terrific.
从此之后 我就时常努力练习
Here, I’ll give you a general idea.
我让你先见识一下
Tony.
托尼
There’s one little detail I forgot to mention.
还有件小事忘了提
I love you, Alice.
我爱你 爱丽丝
Hello, Grandpa. Hey, Grandpa.
你好 老爹 你好 老爹
Yes, I have some Love Dreams.
慢慢来 大家都有份
There he is. That’s him. The man with the crutches.
就是他 拿着拐杖的那个人
You’ve got to get something on him.
你一定要想办法对付他
What do you want us to do with him?
要我们把他怎样
I don’t care what you do with him,
不管什么手段
just so you make him sell that property, that’s all.
你只要叫他卖♥♥♥房♥♥子就行
Hello, Grandpa, how’s the foot?
你好 爷爷的脚怎么样了?
Hello, Mac. Fine, thanks.
麦可 好久不见
Say, what’s the meeting over at Jensen’s bakery?
他们聚在糕饼店讨论什么?
They’re all excited about having to move out or something.
好像是在谈被迫搬家的事
Move out? Yes, that’s what I’ve heard.
搬家? 我是这样听到的
They’re coming over to see you now, I guess.
大概马上就会来找你了
Did you hear about it, Grandpa? We maybe all have to move.
你听说我们得搬家的消息了吗 老爹
Who said so?
谁说的?
Maggie just. . . Everybody around here is talking about it.
玛吉 街坊邻居都在谈论
Somebody’s buying up everything here.
有人把这里全买♥♥下了
I hear they’re trying to buy it up for a big factory or something.
听说要用来盖大型工厂
My landlord told me
我房♥东说
he wouldn’t have sold only they offered him so much money.
他们出很高的价钱
Nobody wants to move, Grandpa. You know that.
你也知道大家都不想搬家
Emil put up some new shelves. Cost $60.
一间破房♥子最近涨到六十块
I’ve been here for 20 years, Grandpa.
我在这里住了二十年了
I think we ought to see somebody about it.
我觉得最好找人商量下这件事
Now, wait a minute. Don’t get excited.
等一下 大家别紧张
We’ve all been neighbors for a long time. I know that.
我们已经是几十年的老邻居了 这点我明白
But if they’re buying this property up for a factory,
如果他们买♥♥下这里是想盖工厂
they’ll need every foot of ground, won’t they?
他们就需要每一寸土地
I guess so.
我猜是
Well, now, suppose I won’t sell ’em my place.
如果我死也不卖♥♥我的土地
What are they going to do?
他们有什么办法?
That’s right, you own your place. Sure, I do.
没错 那地方是你的 当然
And they’re going to need it, too, won’t they?
他们绝对少不了你那块地
You bet they will,
是啊
and it’ll take more than money to make me sell my property.
我是绝不会为了钱而卖♥♥地的
That’s my boy.
这才是我的孩子!
Go on, get back to work and stop cluttering up the street,
大家快回去工作吧 别再胡思乱想
or we’ll all be arrested.
否则我们都会被捕的
I’m sure we need more displays this year.
我觉得今年需要更多的样式