How’s my foot? Is that all I get?
只问候我的脚?
Big class this year, Grandpa?
毕业典礼如何?
How many were there?
有多少人?
There must have been two acres.
场地爆满
Everybody graduated.
每一个人都毕业了
The speeches were a lot funnier this year, too.
他们的演讲才够好笑呢
If you want to hear a good speech, you ought to hear Father Divine.
除了演讲 还有什么
Don’t you worry. They’ll have him there yet.
别担心 他们会把他送去的
See if this sounds any better to you, Mr. DePinna.
你看看这次的成果如何
Mr. Poppins, excuse me.
波平斯先生 真是对不起
This is my granddaughter, Essie,
这位是我的孙女埃西
and this is her husband, Mr. Carmichael.
这是她丈夫 卡尔麦克
Hello.
你好
What do you say, Mr. Poppins?
幸会 波平斯先生
How do you do?
你好?
Help yourself to a Love Dream, Mr. Poppins.
桌上有糖果
They’re over there on the table.
自已去拿
And this is my daughter, Mrs. Sycamore.
这是我女儿 西卡摩女士
This is Mr. Poppins, dear. How do you do?
这是波平斯先生 你好?
Have a chair, Mr. Poppins. Were you ever in a monastery?
请坐 你去过修道院吗?
In a monastery? Well, I. . .
修道院?嗯 我…
What’s the matter, Penny? Stuck?
你又无法进行了吗?
Yes, I sort of got myself in a monastery and I can’t get out.
我进了修道院 就出不来了
It’ll come to you. Remember how you got out of that jail?
还记得你上次是怎么从监狱出来的吗?
That’s fine, Ed.
已经五点了
Is Alice coming home to dinner?
爱丽丝要回家吃饭吗?
She didn’t say.
她没说
I think she ought to stop working in that millinery shop.
我觉得她最好别去那边上班
They make her stay so late.
那里每次都加班
Penny, she hasn’t been there for five months.
她去那里还不到五个月
She hasn’t?
没有吗?
Isn’t that a shame? She was going to get me a hat I liked.
真可惜 她没替我拿什么东西
She works for bankers now.
她现在替银行家工作
Bankers? That’s wonderful.
银行家?那太好了
Essie’s dancing teacher wants to borrow $100 on his car.
埃西的舞蹈老师想借一百元买♥♥车
Do you think she could fix it?
你想她有办法吗?
Sure, Kirby and Company just loaned somebody $80 million.
柯比公♥司♥刚刚才借出八千万
I must speak to Alice about it.
我要去告诉爱丽丝
Mr. DePinna was right.
迪品那先生是对的
The powder chamber was too close to the balloon.
果然 火♥药♥太靠近汽球了
Try a Love Dream, Father. No, thanks.
做个好梦吧 爸爸 谢谢
Mr. Poppins, this is Mr. Sycamore, my son-in-law.
这位是西卡摩先生 我女婿
How do you do? How do you do?
你好? 你好?
We’re just testing a new skyrocket and Mr. DePinna was saying. . .
我们正在测试轻型的冲天炮
Knew it all the time.
你每次
You can’t have that powder chamber so close.
都把火♥药♥弄得靠近汽球
Mr. Poppins, Mr. DePinna.
这位是迪品那先生
How do you do? How do you do?
你好? 你好?
Mr. Poppins is going to stay with us a while.
波平斯先生打算在这里待一阵子
Really? How wonderful.
真的吗?太好了
Just for a short time. You see. . .
只是待一下子而已
Yes, that’s what I thought, that day nine years ago
我九年前来这里送冰块
when I delivered the ice.
当时我也以为自己只待一下子
Nine years ago?
九年前?
You were the ice man.
你是做冰块的
Mr. Poppins makes up things.
波平斯先生喜欢发明东西
Really, what sort of things? You do?
什么东西? 让我看一看
Say, that’s wonderful.
太棒了
Did you make that all by yourself?
是你自己做的吗?
That beats all.
意想不到
I have other ideas, too. Better ones.
我还有一些更棒的主意
You have? Yes.
有吗? 是的
Let’s go down to the shop. Yes, yes.
我们到楼下工作室去 好的
You have a shop? That’s marvelous.
不可思议
Mrs. Penny.
潘妮
Why don’t you write a play about ism mania?
你该写一篇剧本
1sm mania?
有关狂热主义的
Yes, sure.
当然
You know, communism, fascism, voodooism,
共♥产♥主义 法♥西♥斯♥主义 巫毒主义
everybody’s got an “ism” these days.
这年头最流行什么主义之类的
I thought it was an itch or something.
我不懂你说的是什么
Well, it’s just as catching.
嗯 它也一样吸引人
When things go a little bad nowadays,
反正这年头 只要有任何不如意
you go out and get yourself an ism,
就出去创造一个主义
and you’re in business.
问题就解决了
I’ve got it. It might help Cynthia to have an ism in the monastery.
修道院里应该也有什么主义
It might at that.
有可能
Only give her Americanism.
应该有人…
Let her know something about Americans.
发明一个美国主义
John Paul Jones, Patrick Henry, Samuel Adams.
约翰·保罗·琼斯 帕特里克·亨利 塞缪尔·亚当斯
Washington, Jefferson, Monroe.
华盛顿 杰佛逊 梦露
Lincoln, Grant, Lee, Edison and Mark Twain.
林肯 格兰特 李将军 爱迪生 还有马克·吐温
When things got tough with those boys,
当这些人遭遇困难时
they didn’t run around looking for isms.
不会去寻找什么主意之类
Lincoln said, With malice toward none, with charity for all.
林肯说“爱人如己”
Nowadays they say,
这年头 人们会说
Think the way I do or I’ll bomb the daylights out of you.
站我的角度想问题 否则把你炸飞
Why don’t you go back to your war play, Mrs. Sycamore?
为什么不写一些战争剧本?
I like that one best.
那是我最喜欢的
Really, Rheba? Well, maybe I will.
真的吗?或许我会
Hello. Miss Alice Sycamore, please.
喂 请接爱丽丝·西卡摩小姐
You know, every once in a while I get a very strange sensation.
我似乎有一点神魂颠倒
I seem to hear a ringing in my ears.
我耳朵好像听见铃♥声♥
Me, too. I thought for a moment it was the telephone.
我也听见了 似乎是电♥话♥声
Yeah.
是啊
I hear voices, too.
我也听见有声音
Voices that say, If you don’t kiss her soon, you’re a chump.
那个声音说 如果你不快点吻她 以后就没机会了
You know, if I were really clever,
如果我真的有办法的话
I could answer the phone without the use of my hands.
我可以不用手照样接电♥话♥
I saw it done in a circus once.
表演一下
Good.

That’s wonderful. You’d be a sensation on a trapeze.
你真是的高手
Mr. Anthony Kirby Junior’s office.
小安东尼·柯比办公室
Now, that’s clever the way you say that.
你真的有一套
Hello, Rheba.
喂 瑞巴
No, Rheba.
不是 瑞巴
Were you ever in a monastery?
你知道哪里有修道院吗?
Monastery.
不知道
No, but I’m the fellow that got caught in a cave once.
我有一次差点去当和尚
Really? Yeah.
真的? 真的
Whatever happened to you?
结果怎样了?
Well, the cave caved in and I haven’t been heard from since.
被老和尚赶出来了
Mrs. Kirby.
柯比太太
Hello, Mr. Hammond.
你好 哈蒙德先生
I’m just going in to see my son, Tony.
我正要去看我的儿子托尼
Well, he’s a very busy man nowadays. I doubt if you can see him.
他最近很忙 恐怕你见不到他
Dinner? Just a minute, Rheba.
吃晚餐?你等一下
Wants to know if I will be home for dinner.
问我回不回家吃晚饭
No, no, no. The man says no, Rheba.
不 不 不 那人说不行
Tell Grandpa that I love him just as much as ever,
告诉爷爷 说我一样爱他
but a terrible, young vice president has me in his power.
可是 一个年轻副总裁控制了我
Of course I’m struggling, Rheba.
当然我在挣扎
It would do your heart good to see me struggle, Rheba.
你见到我这样 一定会吓一跳
Hello, Mother.
妈妈
If you’ll excuse me, I think I’ll visit with your father for a while.
我想立刻去见你父亲
Busy, wasn’t he? Definitely.
他很忙吧? 没错
Goodbye, Rheba. The ceiling just fell in.
再见 天花板刚才塌下来了
Would you be so kind as to
请替我
give me the want ad section of the newspaper?
把报纸求职栏拿来
I’m sorry, Alice.
对不起 爱丽丝

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!