– No, you’re right. You’re right.
– I mean,
– 你说的没错
– 我是说
what are you talking about?
你这到底是什么意思呢
I-I don’t know.
我也不知道
I, um…
我,嗯…
Last year, I…
去年,我…
I thought that maybe
you were possibly…
我以为或许你可能
interested in that idea.
会对结婚有兴趣
But I was the one who wasn’t ready,
you know, at that point,
但当时我还没准备好,在那个时候
so that’s why I sort of thought
things slowed down with us.
所以我就想让两人的关系暂缓一下
Don’t make me feel bad for you.
别说这话让我同情你啊
I don’t want you
to feel bad for me.
我没想让你同情我
Yeah?
Well, where were you last night?
是吗?你昨晚去哪了
– Hello.
– This is Brian.
– 喂
– 我是布莱恩
Brian, where are you?
布莱恩,你在哪呢
I’m buying milk.
Just thought I’d say hello.
我出来买♥♥牛奶了,就想给你问声好
Look, I know it’s
probably too late, but…
我知道现在时间可能有点晚
is there any way you can come out
for a little while?
但你能出来一会儿吗?
Brian, I think
you’re going crazy.
布莱恩,你是不是疯了
I know I am.
Can you meet me?
我知道,你能出来见见我吗?
Um…
嗯…
Okay.
好吧
Um, I have to go out for a little
while. Do you want anything?
我得出去一会儿,你们需要我买♥♥什么吗
Like what?
买♥♥什么啊?
– I don’t know.
– Where are you going?
– 我不知道
– 你这是去哪
– Yeah, where are you going?
– I just have to go out for a while.
– 是啊,你这是去哪
– 我要出去一会儿
– Where?
– Yeah, where?
– 去哪?
– 是啊,去哪?
I’m going to Mabel’s house.
我要去梅贝尔家
Why?
为什么?
You know what, Rudy?
It’s personal.
鲁迪,这是私事
It’s… It’s a personal matter…
是我的私事
that has to do with Mabel,
and I just have to go…
跟梅贝尔有关的,所以我必须去
see her for a little while.
她家见她
Listen.
听我说
Listen, I’m sorry I said
you squealed on me.
对不起,我说你告密了
I was totally out of line,
and I really owe you an apology.
我简直离谱,我欠你一个道歉
– Did you hear me?
– I don’t care.
– 你听见了吗
– 我无所谓
I’d like to introduce myself.
我想自我介绍一下
♪ I’m the other woman
♪ 我是那另一个女人
♪ The other woman
♪ 你丈夫生命中的
♪ In your husband’s life
♪ 另一个女人
♪ Now everybody’s
blaming me
♪ 现在人人都在怪我
♪ I’m the other woman
♪ 说我是另一个女人
♪ But who are they to judge
♪ 但他们谁啊,凭什么由他们说
♪ Who’s wrong or right
♪ 谁对谁错
♪ Their whispers might be
different
♪ 他们低声说的话可能不同
Oh!
Oh!
Oh-ho. Oh.
Oh.
What’s on your mind, Sammy?
你在想什么呢,萨米
Well, a lot.
想很多事
But principally, I was just
wondering if-if you had an opinion.
但主要我是想向您询问意见
I-If you know someone
in your family…
如果你知道你的家人当中有
or even just someone
who you really care about…
或者只是你十分在意的某个人
and they just can’t quite
get ahold of themselves.
他们实在没有自♥制♥力
Ah! Guess who
these are for?
看看这些是买♥♥来给谁的
– Me!
– That’s right, my little friend.
– 给我的!
– 没错,小朋友
Hello.
We’re going fishing.
你好,我们要去钓鱼
I got a new rod and reel,
five lures,
我买♥♥了新的鱼竿和鱼线,五个鱼饵
a hat, a knife
and a fish scaler.
一顶帽子,一把小刀,还有给鱼去鳞的工具
That’s great, sweetie.
太好了,亲爱的
I’ll get it.
我来开门
Well, I’m not really sure
why you’re here, Ron.
我不确定你为什么要来我们家,罗恩
Um, I know I haven’t exactly been
the model citizen since I got here.
我知道自从我回家,
我并没有表现得像一个模范公民
But considering how things
have been going for me lately,
但考虑到我个人最近的情况
I thought I was doing
pretty well.
我觉得我表现已经挺不错了
I also find it kind of discouraging
that you seem to think that…
而且你觉得我缺乏某种精神指引
I’m in need of some sort of
spiritual guidance or what have you.
这事让我感觉非常沮丧
So much so, that you’re willing
to disregard the fact…
这么久了,你还是无视事实
that I don’t believe
in any of this stuff at all.
我这个人根本不信教啊
– I didn’t mean to discourage you.
– I find it insulting.
– 我没想令你沮丧
– 我觉得这很侮辱人
Can I… Can I say something here?
我能说句话吗
Sammy asked me to come talk to you
because it’s her opinion…
萨米让我找你谈谈,因为她觉得
that you’re not gonna find
what you’re looking for…
你是无法找到自己想追寻的答案的
the way you’re looking for it.
以现在这种生活方式
– And how would she know?
– I’m really not here…
– 这她怎么知道呢
– 今天我真的不是…
to try to get you to do anything
or believe in anything.
来让你去做什么或者信仰什么的
To try to get you to do anything
or believe in anything.
And I’ll tell you the same thing
I told her,
我要跟你说的话,跟对她说过的是一样的
which is that as far as I’m
concerned, the only way…
在我看来,唯一帮助你的方法
she can help you is by her example,
by trying to be a model for you…
就是让她自己以身作则,成为你的行为模范
in the way she lives her life.
生活方式上来说
And that doesn’t mean that she’s
supposed to be a saint either,
这也不是说她必须成为圣人
if that’s what
you’re smiling about.
你是不是在笑这个
I didn’t realize I was smiling.
我没发觉我在笑啊
You know, a lot of people come to
see me with all kinds of problems…
很多人因为各种不同的问题来见我
drugs, alcohol, marital problems,
sexual problems…
毒品,酒精,婚姻问题,性♥爱♥问题…
– Good job you have, man.
– Well, I like it.
– 你这份工作真不错啊,老兄
Because even in this little town,
I really feel like…
因为就算在这个小镇,我也真的觉得
what I do is very connected with
the real center of people’s lives.
自己做的事和人们生活的重心紧密相连
I’m not saying
I’m always Mr. Effective,
我没有说自己的工作一直很有成效
but I don’t feel like my life is off
to the side of what’s important.
但我感觉自己的人生是很重要的
I don’t feel that
my happiness and comfort…
我不认为自己的幸福和舒适是建立在
are based on closing my eyes to
trouble in myself or other people.
无视自己或者其他人的困苦的基础上得来的
I don’t feel like
a negligible little scrap…
我不觉得自己是漂浮在虚无当中的
floating around in some kind
of empty void…
微不足道的尘埃
with no sense of connectedness