也许是存在的呢
Well, if he isn’t,
为什么不让大家相信他存在呢
Why do children all over the world think he is?
愿望计量器(3格)
也许圣诞老人是和麋鹿一起出发的
I wonder if Santa’s goat is friends with his reindeer.
它们像列车一样排成一行
Maybe they take turns pulling the sleigh.
奥利 吃晚饭了 快点回来吧
爸爸 我马上来 维吉尼亚 明天见
Coming, Papa. Bye, Virginia. See you tomorrow.
再见 奥利
Bye, Ollie.
儿子 我们进去吧
All right, son, that’s enough. Let’s go.
走吧
You heard him, now. Let’s go.
如果你真存在的话
If you are real,
请向我证明
Give me some proof.
好吗
Please.
圣诞快乐 新年快乐
Merry Christmas! Happy New Year!
慷慨的捐出一点钱吧
A joyous Penny in the Bucket Day.
-你好 -你好 孩子
– Hi. – Hey, kid.
-还在找圣诞老人吗 -我想是的
– Still looking for Santa? – I guess.
你的外套呢
Where’s your coat?
有人比我更需要那件外套
Somebody needed it more than me.
我很好奇
I’ve been wondering–
你说自己为圣诞老人工作 是什么意思
What did you mean when you said you work for Santa?
我只是在做圣诞老人可能会做的事
I just… Try to do whatever Santa would.
让一切变得更美好
You know? Make things a little better.
圣诞老人是你的老板吗
So, Santa’s your boss.
-算是吧 -他给你发工资吗
– Uh… Yeah. – Does he pay you?
你看我像是有固定收入的人吗
Do I look like I have a steady income to you?
这是什么…开玩笑 竟然是小圆面包
What is…You got to be…A dinner roll?
先生 谢谢您的慷慨
Very generous of you, sir.
孩子 听着
Listen, kid…
不可思议的是 该设备呈现出
And consistent awesomely, it indicate
如心脏跳动般的速率
A steady patient heart-rate.
爸爸
Papa?
真的有圣诞老人吗
Is there a Santa Claus?
圣诞老人吗
Santa, eh?
让我们用事实来说话
Well, um, let’s examine the facts.
去年有人给你买♥♥礼物了 对吗
Someone brought you presents last year. Correct?
是的
Yes.
有人吃了你剩下的牛奶和曲奇 对吧
And someone ate the milk and cookies you left out, right?
是的
Right.
所以 这就证明 去年 一个爱吃曲奇
So, it stands to reason that someone who brings presents
并且带着礼物的人来到咱们家
And likes cookies came to our house last Christma
自然 那夜晚让人生疑
And logically, given the night in question,
-礼物带来了吃曲奇的人… -爸爸
– the present-bringing cookie-eater.. – Papa!
您说了等于没说
That doesn’t tell me anything!
我想 证明这个存在需要许多例子…
Uh, well, I suppose the evidence is largely circumstantial…
如果《太阳报》说有 那就是真的
If you see it inthe Sun, it’s so.
《纽约太阳报》 他们总是尊重事实
The New York Sun. They always tell the truth, don’t they?
我可以给他们写信
I could write to them.
是可以写 但报社一般都很忙
Well, yes but newspapers are very busy
他们没时间回复每位读者的来信
And they don’t have time to answer every letter
谢谢您 爸爸
Thanks, Papa.
主编您好 我8岁
Dear Editor, I am eight years old.
我的一些朋友说 圣诞老人是不存在的
Some of my little friends say there is no Santa Claus.
爸爸说过 如果《太阳报》说有
Papa says, ‘If you see it inthesun,
那就是真的
It’s so.’
请告知我真♥相♥
Please tell me the truth.
真的有圣诞老人吗
Is there a Santa Claus?
纽约市汉隆西95街115号♥ 维吉尼亚
Virginia O’Hanlon, 115 West 95th Street.
快够到啦 投进去了
Almost there. You got it. Yes.
路易斯 这不可能
Lewis, it’s never going to happen.
纽约不可能将布鲁克林纳入版图
New York will not incorporate Brooklyn.
我认为这有可能
Sir, I think it’s a possibility.
曼哈顿已经人满为患了
Manhattan has too many people already
绝对不可能…
and there’s no way…
您看过今天的读者来信了吗
Why don’t we look at today’s mail?
每天都是一些无聊的事
My daily dose of whining and moaning.
政♥治♥ 犯罪 丑闻 犯罪 贫困
Politics, crime, scandal, crime, poverty
这是什么
What is this?
编辑您好 我的一些朋友说
Dear Editor, some of my little friends say
圣诞老人是不存在的
There is no Santa Claus.
爸爸说过 如果《太阳报》说有
Papa says, ‘If you see it inthe Sun,
那就是真的
It’s so.
人们以为我们是什么 奇妙博物馆吗
Who do these people think we are, Barnum’s museum?
我们报道事实 不是幻想
We report facts, not fantasies.
不 也许读者认为…
I don’t know, sir. Maybe readers would find it…
人们信任我们的报纸
Lewis, people rely on
因为我们用事实说话
This paper for the truth.
如果我回信了
If I answer this,
我们的信誉会受损
What will happen to our credibility?
先生 她只是个孩子
Sir, she’s a child.
人总有一天要长大的
Everyone grows up sometime.
维吉尼亚 我把午饭给你端上来了
Virginia, I brought you some lunch.
有什么心事吗
Is everything all right?
我需要一些证据
I just need some proof.
什么证据
Proof of what, sweetheart?
能证明真的有圣诞老人的证据
Proof that Santa’s real.
维吉尼亚 相信圣诞老人存在不需要证据
Virginia believing in Santa isn’t something you prove.
而是需要身体力行
It’s something you do.
做一些圣诞老人会做的事情
Whenever we do things that Santa would
比如与人为善
Like being kind to others
帮助比自己生活困难的人
Or helping those that have less than we do.
这都让圣诞老人变得真实 这就是证据
That makes Santa real. That’s the proof.
想通了吗
Does that make sense?
没有
Mm… No.
那再好好想想吧
Well, give it some thought.
别把汤放凉了
Don’t let your soup get cold.
愿望计量器(5格)
夏洛特 别磨磨蹭蹭的 好好走路
Oh, Charlotte, don’t drag your feet. Not in those shoes.
别再咬手指了 小孩子不那样
Ugh! And stop chewing your nails. It’s not ladylike. It’s…
-婴儿才那样呢 -婴儿才那样
– It’s infantile. – It’s infantile.
马车!
Yoo-hoo! Driver!
为什么不能告诉我
Why can’t you tell me?
-因为这是个惊喜 -我能打开看看吗
– Because it’s a surprise. – Can I open it?
这不是给你的 奥利
It’s not for you, Ollie.
捐点钱吧 谢谢大家
Penny in the bucket. Let’s go! Let’s go!
这里很冷啊
Getting cold out here.
先生 这是个栗子啊
This is a chestnut, sir.
冒牌圣诞老人 你好
Hi, scraggly Santa.
孩子们 你们好
Oh. Hey, there, kid. And other kid.
寻找圣诞老人的事怎么样了
How’s the search for Santa?
好多了 这个送给你
Better. This is for you.
这衬里真好
Look at that lining.
我喜欢红色
Red’s my color.
你需要件外套
You needed a coat,
所以我砸掉储蓄罐 用攒的钱买♥♥了一件
So I broke open my piggy bank and got you one.
孩子 我不能要这礼物
Listen, I can’t accept this.
你当然可以 圣诞快乐
Yes you can. Merry Christmas.
真暖和啊
Oh, toasty!
谢谢你… 你叫…
Thank you. Uh..
维吉尼亚
Virginia
维吉尼亚 今天你就是圣诞老人
Well, Virginia today you’re Santa Claus.
多么感人啊
Isn’t that adorable?
是啊 维吉尼亚 我知道你喜欢圣诞老人
Wow, Virginia. I knew you liked Santa,
但这太可悲了
But this is pathetic.
走开 夏洛特
Go away, Charlotte!
别担心 我只是来送封信而已
Don’t worry. I’m just here to deliver the mail.
是我的信 你从哪儿弄来的
My letter? Where did you get that?
就在报社门口的…
Just outside the newspaper office.
垃圾桶里
In a garbage can!

No.
你去哪里
Where are you going?
-维吉尼亚 等等 -回来啊

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!