会说只不过改个名字
tell you they’re just discussing changing its name.
政♥府♥打算怎么办? 我真不知道
What is the government going to do? I just don’t know.
事态严重 我不想假装已经有了解决方案
It’s a big problem. I won’t pretend we’ve got an answer.
我还有别的事 有问题吗?
Well, I must rush. Any more questions?
什么时候能登报? 据我所知 明天吧
When can we use this? Tomorrow, as far as I’m concerned.
伯纳会请你们去宣传办喝一杯 谢谢光临
Bernard will give you a drink in the press office.
大臣 您知道媒体将发布假消息吧?
You realise the press will print something isn’t true?
是吗?
Really?
真可怕
How frightful!
今天关于欧洲封♥杀♥英国香肠的消息
Today’s story about the European ban on the British sausage
在政坛上引起轩然大♥波♥
has caused a maj’or political storm.
议会称香肠会成为又一块香蕉皮
Westminster say the sausage could be another banana skin.
为政♥府♥的稳步发展增添了新的考验
Adds to the government’s problems with the succession
议员们不知所措 两大候选人
The two obvious candidates for the leadership
代表了党内两翼的极端
represent the extreme wings of the party.
不断有人施加压力 要求他们退出
Pressure is mounting for them to withdraw
另寻折衷的候选人
in favour of a compromise candidate.
但尚未有新竞争者出现在公众视野中
No other contender seems to have caught the public imagination.
体育方面 关掉吧 唐纳德
Now sport… Turn it off, Donald.
真的吗 折衷候选人的事? 恐怕是的
Is it true about the compromise candidate? I believe so.
他们哪来的消息? 我可猜不到 伯纳
Where DO they get their information? I can’t imagine, Bernard!
反正我没说折衷 只说了缓和
Anyway, I never said compromise. I said moderate.
再说 大臣 为什么今晚BBC
Incidentally, why are BBC TV
和独♥立♥电视台要报导您的演讲?
and ITN covering your speech this evening?
我可不知道 伯纳
I can’t imagine, Bernard.
我知道政♥府♥大楼防火保安措施很重要 可是…
I know fire policy in government is important but…
也许有人暗示我还要讲其它内容
Someone suggested I was going to raise other issues as well.
是谁? 我可猜不到 伯纳
Who? I can’t imagine, Bernard.
我是个好欧洲人 我相信大欧洲理念
I am a good European. I believe in the European ideal.
两次世界大战的流血惨案决不能重演
Never again shall we repeat the bloodshed of the two world wars.
大欧洲永不会退缩
Europe is here to stay.
但我们同样不会屈从每项指令
we don’t have to bow the knee to every directive
出自布鲁塞尔每个刚愎自用的小官僚
from every little bureaucratic Bonaparte in Brussels.
主♥权♥神圣不可侵犯
We are a sovereign nation still.
我们是英国人 我们为此自豪
We are British and proud of it!
我们已经太迁就那些欧洲农业政委
We made enough concessions to the Commissar for Agriculture.
我用政委这个词 并不是无心的
When I say Commissar, I use the word advisedly.
我们吞下了红酒湖和黄油山
We’ve swallowed the wine lake and the butter mountain,
眼看着法国朋友们打退英国卡车司机
we’ve watched our French friends beating up British drivers
禁止优质英国羊肉运到法国
carrying British lamb to the French.
我们已经卑躬屈膝 拱手而降
We have bowed and scraped, doffed our caps,
点头哈腰 顶礼膜拜 但我说 够了就是够了
Turned the other cheek, but I say enough is enough!
欧洲已经走得太远 他们威胁到了英国香肠
The Europeans are now threatening the British sausage.
他们明里说要标准化
They want to standardise it
暗里却在逼我们接受意大利和德国肠
they’ll force us to eat salami and bratwurst
还有其它油腻的蒜味外国货
and other garlic-ridden greasy foods that are
与英式生活格格不入
totally alien to the British way of life.
你们早餐想吃意大利肠火腿蛋吗?
Do you want salami for breakfast with your egg and bacon?
我不想 我绝不同意
I don’t! I won’t!
他们把品脱转换成公升 英码转换成公尺
They’ve turned our pints into litres and our yards into metres.
我们放弃了六便士 三便士
We gave up the tanner, the threepenny bit
两先令和半克朗银币
the two-bob piece and the half crown,
但他们不能 也不会摧毁英国香肠
but they cannot and WILL not destroy the British sausage.
只要我还在这里
Not while I’m here!
正如马丁路德所说 “我立场如此 再无二话”
In the words of Martin Luther, here I stand. I can do no more.
很强硬啊 大臣 我强烈地感受到这些
Strong stuff, Minister. I feel strongly about it.
有时我怀疑你们做媒体的
I sometimes wonder whether you media people
能否体验我们其它人
realise how strongly we others feel
对英国 对我们祖国的强烈感受
about Britain, about our country.
我们爱它 为它而自豪
We love it and we’re proud of it.
您不同意政♥府♥对欧共体的政策?
You’re at odds with government policy over the EEC?
我很满意政♥府♥的政策 路德维克爵士
I’m very happy with government policy, Sir Ludovic.
政♥府♥可从未出♥台♥政策 封♥杀♥英国香肠
But it’s never been policy to abolish the British sausage.
香肠不止好吃而已 它还营养丰富
Sausages are full of top-quality nourishment.
可是大臣 欧共体否认要封♥杀♥英国香肠
Brussels denies wanting to abolish the British sausage.
当然 他们知道阻力多大
They would. They know what they’re up against
他们知道英国民♥意♥的力量
They know the strength of British opinion.
您的演讲被媒体广为传颂
Your speech got a lot of coverage and a lot of praise.
您是特意选择这一时机吗? 什么?
Was there any significance in the timing? Sorry?
贵党正在寻找新领导人 您的名字也略有提起
Your party is looking for leader, your name’s been mentioned
哦 提的人还不少
Oh. Quite a lot, I believe.
可是没有 我从没有这方面的野心
But no, I’ve no ambitions at all in that direction.
那您肯定不会参选了?
So you definitely won’t let your name go forward?
这个嘛 阿路…我向来…
Well, Ludo… All I’ve…
我向来以造福国家为己任 从不在乎岗位
All I wanted to do is serve my country, never sought office.
但如果同僚们说服我
But if my colleagues persuaded me
进入10号♥才最能造福国家
the best place to serve it from was 10 Downing Street,
我也只能勉为其难 担起责任来
I reluctantly be persuaded to undertake the responsibility
完全舍弃我的私心
whatever my own private wishes might be.
既然不参选 您会投票给谁?
If you’re not in the running, who will you vote for?
现在还为时过早 但我要说
Well, it’s far too early to say. But I will say this.
这是治愈的时代
This is a time for healing.
时代要求我们着眼于共识 求同存异
A time to stress what we agree about
要看到对手好的一面 不能一味挑错
We should be looking for the good in our opponents
你知道 人人皆有优点 阿路
There’s good in everyone, you know, Ludo.
除了法国人 除了…
Except the French! Except…
甚至包括法国人
Even the French.
大臣 您在内阁的时候议会传来消息
A message came from House while you were in committee.
怎么?
Yes?
他们把党员大会提前了
They brought the party meeting forward.
一小时前就开始了 提前了?
Brought it forward?
他们随时会决定是否再提出一人与您对垒
They’ll decide if they’re going to bring up another candidate
出决议了组织秘书会打电♥话♥来
The Chief Whip will phone as soon as it’s over.
他会不会…他们…要是…
W-W-Will he… W-What will they… What if…
哪个电♥话♥?
Which phone?
什么? 他会打哪个电♥话♥?
What? Which phone will he ring on?
哦 大概是这个
Oh. Er, this one, probably.
或者这个
Or this one.
都可能 真的
Either, really.
就算邓肯和埃里克真的退出
If Duncan and Eric withdraw, which they will,
他们也不一定支持我
they might not support me.
那就要普选了
That means an election.
没错 可您是双方最看好的候选人
You’re the favourite candidate for both sides,
不会反对您的 他们是这么说
so you’ll be unopposed. That’s what they say.
算了 急也没用
Oh, well… No point in worrying about it.
还是坐下歇歇气
Might as well sit down and relax. (PHONE RINGS)
喂?
Yes?
好的
Yes.
好的
Yes.
好的
Yes.
伯纳有急事找您
Bernard has an urgent message.
大臣 王宫打来电♥话♥
Minister, the Palace have been on the phone.
王宫?干吗? 问您5点能否觐见女王
Will you be free to kiss hands at five o’clock?
如果没有第二名候选人的话
In the event of an unopposed recommendation.
这个 我…
Well, I…
我想应该没问题
I think I might be able to make that.
伯纳
Bernard…
如果…要是我…
Supposing… You know if I…
我还得要个首席私人秘书
I’d still want a Principal Private Secretary.
你觉得你… 哦 大臣
Do you think, er… Oh, Minister.
天呐
Gosh!
可以的吧 汉弗莱? 这个
That’ll be all right, won’t it, Humphrey? Well…
首相的话就是法律 大臣
The Prime Minister’s word is law.
喂?
Yes?
好的
Yes.
好的
Yes.
对 他在这里
Yes, he’s here.
我会转告他
I’ll tell him.
是…不是…是不是…
It… It… It… Is…
是不是我?
Is it me?
是 首相
Yes, Prime Minister!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!