杀手本能
The killer instinct.
杀手本能
The killer instinct.
对
Yes.
啊 谢谢
Ah, thanks.
敬10号♥ 谢谢…我是说 好的
Well, here’s to Number 10, eh? Thanks… I mean, yes.
什么事 吉姆?
What’s up, Jim?
邓肯…
Duncan…
我有个问题 你不支持我了
…I have a problem. You’re not going to support me.
对 不对 对 不对?
Yes. No. Yes, no?
正是
Exactly.
我得到一些信息
Some information has come my way.
哦 是吗? 重要信息
Oh, yes? Serious information.
关于你个人的…理财方式 你说什么?
Concerning your…financial operations. I beg your pardon?
大♥陆♥和通用公♥司♥的倒闭 运气不佳罢了
The collapse of Continental and General. just bad luck.
资金转移到董事长挂名的公♥司♥
The transfer of funds to directors’ nominee companies.
没什么不妥当的 理论上是 不过…
There’s nothing wrong with that. Technically, but…
联♥系♥到近海证券那起案子?
in conjunction with a similar case at Offshore Securities?
哪来的消息? 抱歉 可如果你要参选首相
Where did you get this? Sorry, if you’re running for PM
我有责任把我知道的通报给党内元老
I shall share what I know with senior party members.
如果捅出去 国税局会展开调查 还有反欺诈局
there’d have to be an enquiry by Inland Revenue,Fraud Squad
当然那也没关系 你说全是光明正大的
None of that need matter if it’s all above-board.
我相信 你说是就是 邓肯
And I’m sure it is, if you say so, Duncan.
没什么不合适 好 那我去告诉他们
There was nothing improper. Good, then I’m free to talk about it,
全都公布出来 且慢
bring it all out into the open. Hold on!
经济事务容易被曲解 人们会误会
Financial matters can be misinterpreted.
可不是
How true.
好吧 吉姆 我不一定非要进10号♥
Look, Jim, I’m not sure that I really want Number 10.
外♥交♥部♥也有很多好处 但我不会支持埃里克
Foreign Office is a better job. But I won’t support Eric.
如果埃里克也选不上呢?
Suppose Eric didn’t get it?
你愿不愿意转而支持另一个人?
How about transfer all your support to someone else?
谁?
Who?
这人必须赏识你的品质
It would have to be somebody who recognised your qualities,
想要你继续执掌外♥交♥部♥
who’d want you to stay at the Foreign Office.
知道小心对待大♥陆♥和通用公♥司♥
Someone who could be discreet about Continental and General.
你信得过的人
Someone you could trust.
一位老朋友
An old friend.
你说你自己?
Do you mean you?
我吗?我可没有这方面的野心
Me? I have absolutely no ambition in that direction.
还真是说你
You DO mean you!
我明白了 你知道这很严重吧 埃里克?
I see. You do realise this is serious, Eric?
是 你不打算帮我是吗? 是
Yes. And you’re not going to help me, right? Yes.
帮还是不帮? 是
You are or you’re not? Yes.
吉姆 我会帮你 但不是帮你竞选
Jim! I’m going to help you, but not to become PM.
你答应好的 那时我不知道阿根廷那位女士
You said you were. Until I heard about the lady from Argentina.
和其它人 明白了
And others. I see.
作为主席 我有我的职责
As Party Chairman I have my duty.
如果你当上首相 消息捅出去 全党都要遭殃
It’d be a disaster if you became PM and all this came out.
我可不想对女王陛下解释
I wouldn’t care to have to explain it to Her Majesty.
你呢?
Would you?
我退出
I’ll withdraw.
这非常明智
I think that’s very sensible.
我们再不对任何人提这些事
So we’ll say no more about it to anyone.
谢谢 吉姆
Thanks, Jim.
那邓肯要进10号♥了 老天爷 我可不允许
So Duncan will get Number 10. Not if I can help it.
那会是谁? 干杯
Who, then? Cheers.
你说你自己? 我吗?
You don’t mean YOU? Me?
孩子长大了 安妮和我都想多花些时间在一起
Annie and I are hoping to spend more time together.
还真是说你
You DO mean you!
大臣 汉弗莱 什么事这么急?
Minister. Humphrey, what’s the hurry?
真抱歉 我请了欧洲专使来开个小会
I’ve arranged a meeting with the European Commissioner.
莫里斯?他早上才坐飞机离开
Maurice? He flew out this morning.
他的航♥班♥延迟了 怎么?
His flight’s been delayed. So?
也许能说服他为我们解决香肠问题
We might persuade him to solve our sausage problem.
汉弗莱 怎么解决?
How? (PHONE RINGS)
抱歉…喂?
Excuse me… Yes?
好的 请他进来 谢谢
Oh, yes, ask him to come in, will you? Thank you.
交给我办
Leave it to me.
只要…我让您帮腔就帮腔
Just, er, just give me support when I ask for it.
啊 莫里斯 幸会幸会 汉弗莱
Ah, Maurice, how nice to see you. Humphrey.
你们认识 吉姆 叫我来有何贵干?
You know each other. Jim, to what do I owe this pleasure?
大臣要我安排这次会面
The Minister asked me to arrange this meeting
请你帮忙解决个问题 问题
to see if you could help us with a problem. Problem.
当然
Of course.
问题是 欧共体在我国日渐不受欢迎
The problem is EEC is becoming unpopular over here.
对吧 大臣? 很不受欢迎
Isn’t that so? Very unpopular.
你要重振它的声誉? 对
You want to restore its image? Yes.
不对 不对
No. No.
问题在于 大臣为了更多选票…
The Minister feels there would be more votes…
为了代表广大英国民众的意见
He would be better expressing the views of the British
他得与大家一道谴责欧共体 不能维护它
by joining the attack than leaping to its defence.
没错 但你们政♥府♥承诺支持我们
Exactly. But your party’s committed to support us!
大臣的观点 据我所知
The Minister’s point, as I understand it,
是政♥府♥支持它的概念和公约
is that the commitment is to the concept and the treaty.
公约 而不是支持这一机构
Treaty. It’s not committed to the institutions,
也不支持其行动 或是个别政策
nor to the practices, nor to individual policies.
大臣曾向我提到一个例子 是吗 大臣?
The Minister was giving me an example the other day.
关于粮食生产 哦 对
About food production. Oh, yes.
我发现你们有个官员雇佣农民生产过剩粮食
One of your officials pays farmers to produce surplus food
隔壁又有个官员雇人销毁它们
while the next office pays people to destroy the surpluses.
没那事 没有?
That’s not true! No?
绝不是隔壁 根本不在同一个楼层
It’s not the next office, not even the same floor!
大臣还有几百个这种例子 几百个
The Minister has hundreds of similar examples. Hundreds.
问题在于 大臣觉得内阁里
The Minister is starting to think that a member of the Cabinet
应该有人告诉英国人♥民♥
ought to start telling the British people about them.
那怎么可以
But that would be intolerable!
意大利人都忍♥受不了
Even the Italians wouldn’t stoop that low!
意大利人又不用管自家香肠叫”乳化高脂杂碎筒”
Italians aren’t redesignate salami as high-fat offal tubing.
你们打算怎样?
And what are you proposing?
话说回来 要统一市场 也不能叫它香肠啊
we are committed to harmonisation. We cannot call it sausage.
你们有何建议?
What do you suggest?
政♥治♥是表述的艺术
Well, politics is about presentation.
为什么不叫它”英国肠”?
Why don’t we call it “the British sausage”?
英国肠? Saucisse Anglaise(法语)
British sausage? Saucisse Anglaise.
Salsiccia Inglese(意语) Britisherwurst(德语)
Salsiccia Inglese. Britisherwurst.
对 我们可以…提请委员会批准
Yes, I think we could… recommend that to the Commission.
太好了
Splendid!
大臣一向认为欧共体是一家卓越的机构 对吧?
The Minister’s always said the EEC is a splendid institution.
太卓越了
Splendid!
欧洲线记者到了 好的 都请进来
The European correspondents are here now. Good. Let ’em in.
不请进来吗?
Send them in.
要谈欧洲香肠问题吗? 是的 伯纳
This is about the Euro sausage problem? That’s right, Bernard.
宣布您解决了? 不 伯纳
That you’ve solved it. No, Bernard.
解决问题不叫新闻 对媒体来说 噩耗才是喜讯
Solved problems aren’t news. Bad news is good news.
我不会让他们无聊 我今天给他们一场灾难
I’m not give them a non-story. I’ll give a disaster today
明天再来力挽狂澜 是这样啊
and a triumph tomorrow. I see.
早安 先生们 早安
Good morning, gentlemen! (ALL) Morning.
请坐 感谢大家前来
Do sit down. Good of you to come.
这件事还在协商中 没有定案
This is on a lobby basis, non-attributable.
但我们和欧共体有些分歧
We’ve got some trouble coming up with Brussels.
早晚有人会说 所以我不如主动通报出来
Somebody’s going to tell you so I might as well tell you myself.
问题是 布鲁塞尔要宣布英国香肠非法
Brussels is about to make the British sausage illegal
不合欧共体条例 大臣
under EEC regulations. Minister…
不是香肠非法 只是名字
…not making the sausage illegal, just the name
谢谢 伯纳 我会提到的
Thank you, Bernard. I’ll deal with that later.
什么叫”非法”? 不合法律规定
What do you mean, “illegal”? Effectively illegal.
猪肉肠必须含有75%瘦猪肉 牛肉肠也一样
pork sausage will contain 75% pork. The same for beef sausage.
也是75%瘦猪肉?
75% lean pork too?
75%瘦牛肉
75% lean beef.
将它们打入奢侈品范畴 什么时候会宣布?
make it a luxury food. When’s this being promulgated?
大概下个月 眼下他们会否认
Next month, probably. They’ll deny it