干杯 敬可靠政♥府♥代代相传
So, here’s to the continuity of sound government.
也敬信息自♥由♥
And freedom of information.
以国家利益为准绳 哦
Whenever it’s in the national interest. Oh, yes!
大臣 我有个不幸的消息 什么 汉弗莱?
Minister, I have some very grave news. Yes, Humphrey?
与您共掌此部至今 细细想来
The relationship, which I might tentatively aver
虽不敢说肝胆相照 荣辱与共
has been not without a degree of reciprocal utility
倒也合作愉快 相得益彰
and even occasional gratification,
如今却面临分道扬镳 一言以蔽之
is approaching a point of irreversible bifurcation and, to be brief,
已经走到了令人痛心 无可挽回的终点
is in the propinquity of its ultimate, regrettable, termination.
这样啊
I see.
我…要走了 什么?
I’m… on my way out. What?
命里有时终须有 当一人天数将至…
One has to accept what fate has in store, when one passes on
天数将至?!
Passes on?!
将去到水草丰美之地
…to pastures new, perhaps greener…
脱胎换骨 献身于至高无上之权威
In the service of one who is greater than any of us.
汉弗莱 我太痛心了 谢谢您 大臣
Humphrey, I’m so sorry! Thank you, Minister.
你夫人知道吗? 她一直有所察觉
Does Lady Appleby know? She’s suspected it for some time.
什么时候通知你的? 今天下午
When did they tell you? This afternoon.
你还有多少时间? 哦 几星期而已
How long do they give you? Just a few weeks.
几星期?
Weeks?!
足够我把余下的事务理清了
It’ll give me enough time to sort everything out.
汉弗莱 你真是英勇
Humphrey, you’re so terribly brave!
紧张是难免的 前路茫茫 总让人恐惧
One is a little anxious. One is always wary of the unknown
但我坚信我能应付到底
but I have faith I’ll muddle through.
大臣 您怎么了?
Minister, what’s the matter?
对不起 汉弗莱
I’m sorry, Humphrey.
想我们同甘共苦这么多年…
It’s just we’ve had our ups and downs, but…
大臣 没必要太难过
Oh, Minister, don’t take on so!
我们还会常常见面的
We’ll still see one another regularly.
至少每周见一次吧 什么?
Yes, once a week at least. What?
我还没说我要去哪里 啊?
I haven’t told you where I’m going yet. Eh?
我已经被任命为内阁秘书
I have been appointed Secretary to the Cabinet.
内阁秘书? 对呀 您以为是什么?
Secretary to the Cabinet? Why, what did you think?
我…还以为…还以为…
I… I thought… I thought…
真对不起 我今天太累 有点反常
Sorry about crying. I’m not myself today, a little tired.
这些工作啊 你知道….
Overwrought. Things have been, you know…
我真遗憾
I am so sorry.
也许作为预备内阁秘书
Perhaps as Cabinet Secretary designate
我可以建议首相为您减轻负担…
I should suggest some lightening of the load…
别误会 我很好 真的 那就好
No, no. Don’t misunderstand me. I’m fine, fine! Good, good.
这么说你要当内阁秘书了 对
So, you’re going to be Cabinet Secretary. Yes.
内阁秘书呀 嗯
Cabinet Secretary! Mm-hmm.
内阁的秘书 是
Secretary to the Cabinet! YES!
那太光荣了 恭喜 汉弗莱 谢谢您
That’s a great honour. Congratulations. Thank you.
不过 这样一来你和我就… 很遗憾 是的
‘Course, that means that you and I… Alas, yes.
我怎么办呢? 可能您没了我更好
How shall I manage? Probably even better without me.
对 可能…不不不 没那事
Yes, I probably… No, no, certainly not, no!
汉弗莱 你要让首相也见识见识你对付我那套…
You’re going to do for the PM what you’ve always done to me.
帮助我
For me!
首相的左右手
PM’s right-hand man.
参谋政务 正是
Advising on issues. Quite so.
还有…人事 对吧
And, er, and people, no doubt.
大臣?
Minister?
汉弗莱 什么事 大臣?
Humphrey… Yes, Minister?
我想说 我一直觉得你非常优秀
I want you to know I think you’ve been absolutely wonderful.
我极其崇敬你做的一切工作
Highest admiration for all you’ve done
非常出色 非常出色
Wonderful work. Wonderful work.
公务员传统的典范 大臣 您过奖了
Finest tradition of the service. Minister, you’re too kind.
希望你也觉得我…我的…
I just hope you feel that I… In my…
一直以来…这个…
When things are… Well, it…
说起来…
If it should come up, er…
我们两个一向合作无间 对吧?
I think we’ve made a jolly good team here, you and I?
我没法盼望比您更好的大臣
I couldn’t have wished for a better Minister
汉弗莱 你太好了
Humphrey, you’re too kind!
你升迁的事什么时候通报部里?
When are you going to tell the staff?
周五晚上 官方正式宣布之前
On Friday evening, just before it’s promulgated.
我会借圣诞酒会向大家告别 那可太开心了
I will bid them farewell at the Christmas party
并且痛心 痛心 对
And sad. Sad, yes, sad.
痛心之至
Terribly sad.
玩得好吗? 很好 谢谢 大臣
Enjoying yourself? Yes, thank you, Minister.
玩得好吗? 谢谢 酒会很好
Enjoying yourself? Yes, Minister. Lovely party.
是的大臣 真是太开心了 放纵一下总是好的
Yes, it’s frightfully good fun. Always good to let your hair down.
好吧 现在我想说几句
Right, now I think it’s time I said a few words.
此时此刻对我们所有人都有重大意义
This is a very, very special occasion for us all.
四海升平 诸君幸福美满
Peace on Earth, goodwill to all men.
抱歉 是“诸位”
Sorry, persons!
很高兴能和大家欢聚一堂 诸位都是为我…
Good to have this little get-together who’ve served me, er…
与我…为我…与我一同
…worked with me… for me… no, with me
效力于这个行事…
here at the Department of Adminis…
政事行务…
…Ministry of Administr…
行政部
…at the DAA.
我们是个团队 就像内阁 除了我们站同一边
We’re a team, like the Cabinet, except we’re all on the same side…
并不是说内阁就…不过 我是说影子内阁
Not that the Cabinet… Well, I meant… really, the shadow Cabinet.
如此佳节 就不谈政♥治♥了
Let’s keep politics out of this. Season of goodwill.
这就是为什么圣诞期间不召开国会
That’s why Parliament doesn’t sit over Christmas!
我也要祝各位万事如意 当官的也一样
Season of goodwill. Even to one’s officials!
我还能说什么呢?敬小汉
Well, what can I say? Humphrey.
敬汉弗莱阿普比爵士 敬汉弗莱阿普比爵士
(BERNARD) Sir Humphrey Appleby! (ALL) Sir Humphrey Appleby!
谢谢 首先我衷心感谢各位
Thank you. I’d just like to thank you all for
多年以来的辛勤工作
all the hard work you’ve done all these years.
如此时刻总令人心中五味杂陈 悲欣交集
Occasion like this engenders a certain emotional ambiguity
他在交集啥? 尽管他可以说
What’s he ambigulous about? While one is, one should say,
他的离别乃是一种荣光 却也不免黯然
honoured by the cause of departure, saddened by the fact
尤其不忍♥告别其职业生涯中无可比拟的大臣阁下
in particular leave the service of a Minister without parallel
说得真好
I say, that’s jolly decent.
打破这独特的伙伴关系 确实独特
A unique partnership. Absolutely unique.
最后请让我祝各位圣诞快乐
So I should end by wishing a happy Christmas to you all,
尤其为我们的大臣 尽管相聚时光短暂
In particular to a Minister in the brief time with us
我们仍可以看出他日渐庄严 稳健 从不动摇
we’ve watched grow in standing, stature and sureness of touch.
最后 祝大家新年快乐
So, seasonal felicitations to you all,
不过 请牢牢记住内政大臣的节日号♥召
Do remember the Home Secretary’s campaign for the holiday:
圣诞期间 请别酒后驾车
Don’t drink and drive this Christmas.
我要为这个干一杯…哎呀抱歉
I’ll drink to that! …Oh, dear, I’m sorry!
真的应该让我来开 吉姆 我开得非常稳
I do wish you’d let me drive, Jim. I’m driving perfectly stably.
稳倒稳 不过天亮之前总得到家吧
True, but we have to get home before dawn!
晚上好 警罐先生 生蛋快乐
Good evening, Cinstable. Happy Crispsmas.
请出示驾照 先生 好的
May I see your licence, sir? Certainly.
您是吉姆哈克先生吧? 没错
Aren’t you Mr Jim Hacker? That’s right.
有问题吗? 您为什么开这么慢?
What’s trouble? Why you driving so slowly?
我不想被马路牙子撞…
I didn’t want the kerb to hit me…
不想撞上马路牙子
I didn’t want to hit the kerb.
等等 我有交通银章
Look, I’ve got a silver badge somewhere.
好吧 不如让伊万警官替您开车
I see. Perhaps Constable Evans can drive you
不必了 警官 我来开
It’s all right, Officer. I’ll drive.
好吧 哈克夫人 如果您的状态适合驾驶的话
OK, Mrs Hacker. If you’re in a proper state to drive.
我不喝酒 警官 至少在我丈夫开车的时候
I don’t drink, Officer. Well, not when my husband’s driving.
我也是 基本没喝
Nor do I, hardly.
请进来 你这小地方不错嘛 汉弗莱
There we are. Nice little place you have here, Humphrey.
谢谢 大臣 第一次内阁会议主持得挺好
Thank you. You handled your first Cabinet meeting well.
坐在首相身边感觉怎样? 您请坐 大臣
What was it like sitting next to the PM? Do sit down, Minister.
请您来喝咖啡 是因为
I’ve asked you to drop in for a coffee because
内政部报告我一起交通事故
the Home Office informs me of a traffic incident.
我明白了 这完全是您的私事
Yes, I see. It’s entirely your own affair…
那当然 但据说首相看得很重
Precisely. But the PM takes a grave view.
他认为大臣应当以身作则
He feels Ministers should set an example
汉弗莱 你不是在训斥我吧?
You’re not ticking me off, are you?
哪里话 大臣 我只是卑微的内阁办事员
I’m only a servant a humble functionary.
但我得向内政部保证下不为例
But I need to assure the Home Office it won’t occur again.
那银章是干吗用的? 这是一项特权 大臣
What silver badges for? It’s a special privilege, Minister.
特许我们驶入警戒线或在禁止停车处停车
Pass through police cordons and park in prohibited areas

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!