快走 吉姆 -如果我能
Now, Jim. – If I could just–
你不能 赶紧给我滚出去
You can’t. Get the fuck out of my office.
爸 我
Dad, I, uh…
我没时间跟着你在州里各个城市之间跑
I don’t have time to follow you around the state.
亲爱的 是你让我当的州长
You got me into this, sweetheart,
那你就得支持我 陪我一起
you’re going to get me through it, now.
把包拿给她
Hand her that satchel.
议题 我们管这叫议题
The football. We call it the football.
行 克拉拉 议题
All right, Clara. The football.
把议题本拿给她
Now hand her the football.
我们先看一下行程安排吧
Let’s start with this schedule.
好吧
Um, well…
15分钟后你要跟
in 15 minutes you have a meeting
蒙大拿贸易联盟开会
with the Montana Trade Alliance.
什么会
What’s that?
他们的目的是为了与国外加强贸易联♥系♥
Their focus is enhancing trade between foreign nations.
那跟我有什么关系
What does that have to do with me?
这是政♥治♥ 约翰
It’s politics, John.
你要跟他们握手
You’re going to shake a lot of hands,
跟他们拍照
you’re gonna take a lot of photos.
虽然没有任何意义
It amounts to absolutely nothing,
但目的就是跟选你出来的人们
but it does maintain the good will
保持友好
with the people that elected you.
什么友好不友好的我不管
I’m not seeking good will.
我要的就是立刻叫停机场项目
I’m seeking the end of the airport on my land.
作为州长 你可以取消建设机场
Well, as Governor, you can cancel funding
所需的资金和退税
and tax rebates for the build.
他们将申请紧急禁令阻止这一命令
They’ll file an emergency injunction to block the order.
法官会支持你的决定
A judge will uphold your decision,
之后市场股本就会从黑石或者高盛集团
and Market Equities will just go get a loan
进行贷款 继续建设机场
from Blackstone or Goldmans, and continue to keep on building.
那就取消租约
Then cancel the lease.
你无法取消租约
You can’t cancel the lease.
他们会告你 并且他们能告赢
They will sue you and win.
租约有进度阈值
The lease has progress thresholds.
那块场地不能停工
That build site cannot lay dormant.
租约里定好的有一年时间
They have a one year grace built into the lease.
我等不了一年
I’m not waiting a year.
撤销资助
Revoke the funding.
重新进行环境评审然后取消租约
Order an environmental review and cancel the lease.
他们会告你 我指的是你个人
They will sue you. And I mean you.
停工会造成真正的损失
Halting the build will create real damages.
取消租约 你的农场就完了
And canceling the lease, that’s how they end up with your ranch.
他说的对 约翰
He’s right, John.
那块地明令只能用于农业 对吧
That land is zoned agricultural, right?

Yeah.
那他们在这块用地上建造机场和公♥寓♥
So how are they building an airport and condos
这是农业用途吗
on land that is agricultural?
申请已经提交了
The application has already been submitted.
就是走个形式
It’s a formality.
政♥府♥特派员只要有免费晚餐和竞选捐款
The Commissioners are gonna sit on it as long
他们就可以坐视不理
as they get free dinners and campaign contributions.
好 那也就是说还没批
Right, so, it’s not yet approved.
还没
Not yet.
一定有什么法律可以阻止州政♥府♥
Surely there is some law that prevents the state
支持这些划分用途不对的项目吧
from funding projects that are not, you know, properly zoned?
有的 贝丝
Yes, Beth, there is,
但是那些法令一直以来都被政♥府♥忽视 不予执行
and that statute is waived by this office all the time.
这次可不行了
Well, not this time.
克拉拉 你给我还有州长安排个酒会
Clara, will you set a drink for the Governor and myself,
跟帕克县的特派员聊聊 好吗
and the Park County Commissioners?
罗尼和凯尔就行 -哪天
Just Ronnie and Kyle. – For what day?
今天
Today.
州长今晚要和蒙大拿的
The Governor has a dinner tonight with
河流保护联盟的人吃饭
the Montana Clean River Alliance–
见鬼了 克拉拉
For fuck’s sakes, Clara,
只要有联盟俩字的 你都给我取消就行了
if it has the word “alliance” in the name, cancel it.
迪尔菲尔德俱乐部 晚上6点
6 P.M. Deerfield Club.
还有 克拉拉 你得准备行李才行
And Clara, you’re going to want to pack a bag.
我们要去南面
We’re going to take this party south.
今天的工作完成了
I think our work is done here.
还没有
Not yet.
一小时之后我要你把文件放在我桌上
I want it on my desk in an hour.
我们能好好谈谈这事吗 就我们俩
Can we talk about this, just you and me?
就你们俩哈
Just you and him?
你想让我安排多少个
How many one-on-one conversations
一对一的会
do you want me having?
去做你的事得了
Just go do your fucking job.
行吧 -好
Okay. – Good.
回见
See you in a bit.
克拉拉 我能看一眼他的行程安排吗
Clara, can I take a peek at his schedule?
好吧 我会尽量替你去出席其中部分
Okay, I’ll absorb as many of these as I can.
约翰 州长办公室靠的就是人脉和关系
John, the Governor’s office is a game of favors.
你只有给大家好处 他们才会回馈你
You start by giving them, then you can ask for them.
等州议会发现
When the State committee finds out that
你没有长远打算时
you are not in this for the long haul,
所有当初支持你的人都会想着给自己找后路的
everyone that supported you will be looking for a parachute.
市场股本不会就这么放弃的
Market Equities will not just go away.
这会是一场战争 一场大战
This will be a fight. A big one.
当他们意识到自己要做的
When they realize that all they have to do
不过是等待四年的话 他们会等的
is wait four years, then they’ll just wait.
如果你不想他们再回来 那你就需要改变立法
You need to change laws if you want them to never come back.
要改变立法 你就需要别人的帮忙
To change laws, you need favors.
你当初就不该让他们进来 林内尔
You should’ve never let them in, Lynelle.
我没有批准他们租赁 约翰
I didn’t grant them the lease, John.
是杰米批的 而且他这么做是很明智的
Jamie did, and he was really wise to do so.
土地委员会由五名官员组成
The land Board is made up of five officers:
州长 司法部长
the Governor, the Attorney General,
国务卿 审计员
the Secretary of State, the Auditor,
还有公共利益负责人
and the public interests Superintendent.
你认为是谁给其它三个人提供了竞选资金呢
Now who do you think funded the campaigns for the other three?
如果这事提交给土地委员会
If it had gone before the land committee,
那你的土地就归州所有了
the state would own your land.
等你取消租约
That’s their next move
这就是他们的下一步
when you cancel the lease, by the way.
你本来可以是个很好的领导者的 约翰
You could be a really good leader, John,
但你是个很糟糕的政♥治♥家
but you’re a shitty politician
因为你不服从游戏规则
because you won’t play the game.
但如果你不按游戏规则来 就会被游戏主宰
But if you don’t play the game, the game plays you.
我还会再呆一个月
I’m here for another month.
利用好我
Use me.
这主意倒是新鲜
That’s a refreshing thought.
我不是这个意思
It’s not what I meant.
甩门得这么甩 杰米
That’s how you slam a door, Jamie.
不要再试图违抗他
Never contradict him again.
他要是让你跳 你就别问有多高
When he says jump you don’t ask how high,
跳就行了
you just start fucking hopping.
我是想保护他 还有农场
I am trying to protect him and the ranch.
这不是什么比佛利山庄来的不入流开♥发♥商
This isn’t some sleazy developer from Beverly Hills,
这是已经投入了数百万的
this is a multinational firm that has invested
跨国公♥司♥
billions of dollars,
他们还有数百万悬在这个开♥发♥项目上
and leveraged billions more on the back of this development.
他们会反抗的 不择手段的那种
They will fight you. They will fight you dirty.
还有别的办法吗
Is there any other way?
我也想相信你的建议
I want to believe that you’re advising
是为了我们家好 真的
what’s best for the family, I do.
但我想起来了 这不是你家
but then I remember: this isn’t your family.
他也不是你父亲
And he’s not your father.
你我都清楚 你是怎么对你亲爹的
And we both know how you treated your own father.
别再以为你有机会
Just stop thinking that you have a chance

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!