At the arraignment, your client issued a plea of not guilty.
你的客户是否希望改变她的认罪?
Does your client wish to change her plea?
她愿意 法官大人
She does your honour.
法庭允许的话 委员会可以上前吗
If it please the court, may council approach?
委员会可以上前
Council may approach.
他们正输入你的认罪协议
They’re entering your plea agreement now.
法官会要求你推♥翻♥你的认罪
The judge will ask you to reverse your plea.
一旦这样 你就任凭法庭摆布
Once you do that, you are at the mercy of the court.
不 我们同意缓刑
No, we agreed to a suspended sentence–
不 你的律师同意了 而不是法官
No, your attorneys agreed. Not the judge.
法官不需要兑现它
The judge does not have to honour it.
我应该怎么做?
What should I do?
萨默 我…
Summer, I…
我相信陪审团多于相信法官
I trust a jury more than I trust the judge.
被告人请起立?
Will the defendant please rise?
委员会已经向法庭提交了一份认罪协议
Council has presented the court with a plea agreement.
你知道这份协议吗?
Are you aware of this agreement?
我知道 法官大人
I am your honour.
你是否希望改变你的认罪态度?
Do you wish to change your plea to guilty?
我愿意 法官大人
I do, your honour.
你的辩护改为认罪
Your plea is changed to a plea of guilty.
作为对你认罪的交换 国家提供了
In exchange for your plea the State is offering
15年的缓刑
a fifteen year suspended sentence
和一万美元的罚款
and a ten thousand dollar fine.
你知道这认罪条件吗?
Are you aware of this plea offer?
我知道 法官大人
I am, your honour.
在判刑时 本法庭必须考虑诸多因素
When imposing a sentence, this court must consider
动机是其中之一
many factors, motive being one of them.
过去 许多法♥院♥将你的意图与动机
Many courts in the past have confused your intentions
混为一谈
with motive.
希金斯小姐 你的意图可能是为了影响政策的改变
Your intention, Miss Higgins, may be to affect policy change,
或使人们认识到一些问题
or bring awareness to issues.
但这并不是你的动机
But that is not your motive.
当你向他人扔石头和冷饮汽水瓶时
That is not your motive when you throw rocks
这不是你的动机
and frozen water bottles.
当你破坏私人财产和藐视合法命令时
When you damage private property and defy lawful orders.
你们的动机就是破坏和扰乱
Your motive then is to destroy and disrupt.
而这样做的结果是对法治的侵蚀
And the result of that is the erosion of the rule of law.
当法♥院♥驳回你们的非法行为时
When courts dismiss your unlawful acts
那是在削弱法治
they are weakening the rule of law,
并为那些以偷窃和暴♥力♥
and creating avenues of opportunity
为唯一目的的人创造机会
for people whose sole intent is theft and violence.
他们对我们社会中最脆弱的群体进行掠夺
And they prey on the most vulnerable in our society.
老人、年轻人、弱者、穷♥人♥
The elderly, the young, the weak, the poor.
他们掠夺那些最不可能从攻击中恢复的人
They prey on those least likely to recover from the attack.
而你 希金斯小姐 为他们铺平了道路
And you, Miss Higgins, pave the way for them.
我并没有被你的大学教育
I am not swayed by your college education
和你在社区的外展工作所动摇
and your outreach work in the community,
事实上 恰恰相反
in fact the opposite.
你更清楚
You know better.
如果你想改变法律
If you wish to change laws,
竞选职位 或是 投票给那些希望能够改变的人
run for office or vote for those who wish to change them as well.
我看了你的档案 我看到一个职业罪犯
I look at your file and I see a career criminal,
她自欺欺人地认为
who has deluded herself into believing
她不是一个罪犯
that she is not a criminal
因为她相信自己是对的
because she believes she is right.
而你可能是对的 希金斯小姐
And you may be right, Miss Higgins,
但这并不能使你免于遵守
But that does not exempt you from the laws
本州和本国家的法律
of this state and this nation.
对于这两项攻击和平官员的罪名
For the two counts of assault on a peace officer,
我判处你每项罪名15年
I am sentencing you to fifteen years per offence.
对于违抗合法命令的指控
For the charge of defying a lawful order
我将判处你一年的刑期
I am sentencing you to one year,
对于鲁莽地危害他人的指控
for the charge of reckless endangerment
我将判处你18个月
I am sentencing you to 18 months,
以及非法侵入的指控
and for the charge of criminal trespass,
因为你是一个惯犯
because you are an habitual offender,
我将判处你最高五年的刑期
I am sentencing you to the maximum of five years.
如果你是模范的囚犯
If you are a model inmate who treats the rules of prison
对待监狱的规则比对待我们的法律更尊重
with more respect than you treat our laws,
你将有资格在14年内获得假释
you will be eligible for parole in fourteen years.
法警 将犯人关押起来
Bailiff, place the inmate in custody.
等等 什么?
Wait, what?
我正在努力使世界变得更好
I’m trying to make the world a better place
而你却要剥夺我的生命?
and you’re taking my life?
全体起立 你要夺走我的生命?
All rise. You’re taking away my life?
发生什么事了?发生什么事了?
What’s happening? What’s happening?
萨默 萨默 看着我 看着我
Summer, Summer, look at me. Look at me.
别哭了 好吗?
Stop crying. Okay?
你现在有一个新的战斗 要做好准备
You have a new fight now. Be ready for it.
我们将在早上上诉 嘿
We’re going to appeal this in the morning. Hey.
先生 你不能碰犯人
Sir, you can’t touch the inmate.
这是她最后一次拥抱
It’s her last fucking hug.
由她一次吧
Let her have it.
理清思路
Get your mind right.
这会是一个漫长的战斗 从现在开始
It’s a long fight and it starts now.
该死的 米奇
God damn, Mitch.
你♥他♥妈♥以为自己是谁 在这办公室随意进进出出的?
Who the fuck do you think you are marching in this office?
这到底是怎么一回事?
What in the world was that about?
在你进入这些房♥间之前 你要敲门
You will knock before you enter these chambers
否则法警会把你拖出去
or a bailiff will drag you out.
你认为今天正义得到了伸张?
You think justice was served today?
这很残酷 但它是公正的
It was harsh, but it was just.
在县监狱打扫6个月的厕所
Six months of cleaning toilets in county jail
是残酷的 你所做的是残忍♥
is harsh, what you did was fucking cruel.
这是一个必要的信息传递
It is a necessary message to send.
什么信息呢 米奇
What’s the message, Mitch:
跟我作对 我就把你关进监狱
fuck with me and I’ll put you in prison ’til
直到你♥他♥妈♥的太老了 不能生孩子?
you’re too fucking old to have children?!
还是你事业不想要了?或是生活?
Or a goddam career? Or any life at all?
我遵守了法律的规定
I followed the letter of the law.
看在老天的份上
For fuck’s sake.
她只是个推了男人一下的女人
She’s a woman who pushed a full-grown man.
法律?
The law?
你知道…
You know…
合法和公正是有区别的
there is a difference between what’s legal and what’s just.
对我来说 没有
Not to me, there isn’t.
有法律 还是法律 仅此而已
There is the law and there is the law and that is it.
好吧 我有个坏消息要告诉你 外面世界的未来就是这样
Well, I got bad news for you: that is the future out there.
那些人是你的投票基础
That is your voting base.
而你刚刚却告诉他们 让他们去死
And you just told them to go fuck themselves.
你弄反了 约翰
You got it backwards, John.
这就是他们要告诉我们的
That’s what they’re telling us.
给我来一杯
Get me one of those.
我们正失去这个地方
We’re losing this place.
而且每年都发生得越来越快
And every year it happens faster.
我知道
I know.
我正在努力阻止它
I’m trying to stop it.
我不认为能够阻止
I don’t think it can be stopped.
这就是将要发生的事情
Here’s what’s going to happen.
夏洛特会对判决提出上诉
Charlotte’s going to appeal the sentence.
你会取消重罪攻击判决
You will suspend the felony assaults–
我不会
I won’t.
你的立场我明白了
You made your point.
现在 可怜可怜她吧
Now show some goddam mercy.
取消重罪攻击判决
Suspend the felony assaults,
把非法侵入罪减为一年 其他的都可以保留
reduce the trespass to a year, you can keep all the others.
她将在八个月后出狱
She’ll be out in eight months.
是啊 是啊 八个月的地狱
Yeah, yeah, eight months of hell.
所以 就这样了是吧 嗯?
So this is it, huh?
合法但有悖情理的要求?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!