looking at me with those big, mad eyes
仅仅是因为别人也这样对待你了
because someone’s doing it to you.
我们要做的
And all we’re going to do
是让他成为蒙大拿最富有的人之一
is make him one of the richest men in Montana.
悲剧啊
Oh, the tragedy.
这不是他想要的 他想要土地
It’s not what he wants. He wants the land.
你知道永远不会失去土地的诀窍吗
You know the trick to never losing your land?
找块没人想要的土地 这是唯一的办法
Find land no one else wants. That’s the only way.
我会阻止你的
I’m gonna stop you.
怎么阻止
How?
再移一条河吗 贝丝
You gonna move another river, Beth?
我们会移回去的
We’ll just move it back.
我们都不想在法♥院♥待上一年
None of us want to spend a year in a courthouse
但我们会的
but we will.
我们承担得起
We can afford it.
你呢 贝丝
How about you, Beth?
你家人承担得起吗
Can your family afford it?
你能抵挡我们进军的军队吗
Can you afford to fight the army we’ll march in there?
给我们一个提案
Make us a proposal.
不要亏待你的家人
Make it very fair to your family.
我们不想打仗
We’d prefer to avoid a fight.
但我们也不怕
But we aren’t scared of one either.
县检察官兰迪·哈珀要见达顿委员
County Attorney Randy Harper to see Commissioner Dutton.
-他在等你 -嗯
– He’s expecting you. – Yeah.
你挺有种啊 把我叫到你办公室
You got a lot of fucking balls summoning me into your office–
你♥他♥妈♥疯了吗
Are you out of your fucking mind?
我才被你搞疯了 我得出庭作证
Out of my mind is me testifying in court,
你打给我了一通电♥话♥
to the phone call you made to me
让我派一名探员去攻击在押人员
asking me to send an agent to assault detainees.
什么电♥话♥
What phone call?
我录下来了 你个混♥蛋♥
The one I recorded, you asshole.
你以为这是我的爱好吗
Think this is my fucking hobby?
我的探员被派去抓两名袭击者
An agent of my office was sent to retrieve two assailants
他们被带上车时 身上明显有你的手下
who had visible marks on them when loaded onto a vehicle
殴打的痕迹
by your deputies–
我的探员有权把那辆车作为证据
a vehicle my agent had every right to hold as evidence.
只要你的探员背了黑锅
If your agent takes the fall for this,
我们就安全了
we’re all clear.
可不嘛
Yeah, sure.
只要他在监狱里度过余生
I guess all he has to do is spend the rest of his life in prison
他的妻子和两个孩子
while his wife and two kids
在贝尔格莱德流浪就可以了嘛
rot in some fucking single-wide in Belgrade.
你愿意说服他吗
You want to pitch him that idea
还是你闻到
or are you starting to smell the reek
和州检察官达成豁免协议的臭味了
of an immunity deal with state prosecutors?
我只是让你给他们一个教训
I just told you to teach them a lesson.
没错 兰迪
Yeah, you sure did, Randy.
你是这么说的
I mean, that’s exactly what you said.
嫌犯是本地人吗
Are the perps local?
一个来自路易斯安那州
One’s from Louisiana,
一个来自密苏里州
one’s from Missouri.
最后的地址是北达科他州的一个石油营地
Last known address is a oil camp in North Dakota.
把他们标记为无名氏
Toe tag them as John Does,
就说他们是被你的人从排水沟的卡车里拖出来的
say your deputies pulled them from a truck
体内的酒精浓度是法定标准三倍
in a bar ditch with three times the legal limit of alcohol in their system.
那受害者呢
What about the victim?
她什么都看见了
She saw everything.
好快啊
That was quick.
治安官说还需要一段时间
Sheriff said they’d need it for a while.
没有卡车和拖车 她还怎么表演
How can she rodeo without a truck and trailer?
我就是这么说的
That’s what I said.
但他们说需要
But they said they needed it for…
需要什么
For what?
好像有个警员对那些混♥蛋♥下手太狠了
Guess one of the deputies took it too far with those assholes.
不是警员
Not one of the deputies.
我说的话会让我的探员坐牢
What I’m telling you could put my agent in prison.
我也可能因此坐牢
It could put me in prison, too.
那你还是别说了吧
Maybe you shouldn’t tell it.
我姐也曾被打得奄奄一息
My sister was beaten to within an inch of her life.
他们做的其他事 我不能说
Whatever else they did… I can’t say.
她也不会说
She won’t either.
但我可以说
But I can say this:
敢碰我家人的人
a man who puts a hand on a member of my family
就别想再碰其他东西了
never puts a hand on anything else.
她只是挨了打吗
Is a beating all she got?
我也不知道
I don’t know.
她不肯说
She won’t talk about it.
我有点想拿着猎枪站在法♥院♥外面
I got half a mind to stand outside the courthouse with a shotgun
等着那些混♥蛋♥被保释出来
and wait for those sons of bitches to get out on bail.
你不用这么做
You don’t have to do that.
大家都这么说 但是
Everyone says that, but…
他们的女儿又没有被打的鼻青脸肿
everyone’s daughter isn’t beat to shit
谁知道还发生了什么事
and God knows what else.
所以不要教我该怎么做
So don’t tell me what to fucking do.
她不是你女儿
It ain’t your daughter.
我没有教你该怎么做
I’m not telling you what to do.
我是说你不用这么做
I’m saying you don’t have to do that.
80年前我们可以把他们吊在树上
Eighty years ago we could’ve hung them from a tree.
但今天
But today…
我能做的只有这么多了
this is the best I can offer.
我可以保证
I can promise this:
他们不会被传讯了
they’re never getting arraigned.
你应该竞选州长
You should run for governor.
还是先说今天的事吧
Let’s just focus on today.
你这么做是为了我吗
You did that for me?
我这么做是为了
I did that for every father
不让爱女心切的父亲犯错
who would be sacrificing their family if they did it.
他们没了
So they’re gone.
他们完蛋了
They’re done.
我不认识你 先生
I don’t know you, sir.
我这么做说明我很信任你
And I’m showing you a lot of trust.
希望你也可以展示一下你的诚意
I need you to show me the same.
我想澄清一下这意味着什么
I just want to be clear about what this means.
你说得很清楚了
You’ve been plenty clear.
这样你就变成从犯了
This makes you an accessory.
你女儿要明白这一点
Your daughter needs to understand that.
我女儿一个字都不肯说
My daughter won’t say a word
我恨不得亲手杀了他们
and it makes me more than that.
别担心
Don’t worry about this:
地一干 什么都没发生过
soon as the grounds dry, it never happened.
但你我之间
But between you and me–
你肯定会需要帮助
time’ll come you’ll need a favor
我已经等不及了
and I can’t wait to give it.
我可能真的需要你的帮助
I might ask for it.
凯特 帮我接通约翰·达顿
Kate, get me John Dutton on the line, please.
好的 女士
Yes, ma’am.
直接转到语♥音♥信箱了
It went straight to voicemail.
-试试杰米 -好的 女士
– Try Jamie. – Yes, ma’am.
我把他接进来
I’m putting him through.
-杰米 -州长
– Jamie? – Governor.
有什么事吗
What can I do for you?
我想和你们爷俩坐下来谈谈
I need to sit down with you and your father.
好的
Oh, okay.
你能说一下我们要讨论的大致内容吗
Can you give me the broad strokes of what we’ll be discussing?
抱歉 今天没有大致内容
Sorry, no broad strokes today.
我们什么时候能见面
When can we meet?
州长 我能明天再打给你吗
Actually, governor, can I get back to you tomorrow?
咱们明天必须见面
This meeting has to happen tomorrow.
我们没有时间了
Time is not on our side.
那我明天一早就给你打电♥话♥ 谢谢
I’ll get back to you first thing, then. Thank you.
你跟谁说了吗