早上好 爷爷
Good morning, Grandpa.
怎么了
What?
听
Listen.
是头麋鹿
It’s a cow elk.
它在干嘛
What’s she doing?
它很聪明
She’s a smart one.
我没看到它
I don’t see her.
你看不到它的
You won’t. You won’t.
它把那只狼从孩子身边引开了
She’s leading that wolf away from her baby.
它的孩子呢
Where’s her baby?
躺在狼面前的灌木丛里
Laying in some sagebrush right in front of him.
当麋鹿还是幼崽时 它们没有任何气味
When elk are babies, they don’t have any scent.
所以狼能找到幼崽的唯一办法
So the only way the wolf can find it
就是等它对妈妈失去信心 转而逃跑
is if it loses faith in its mama, makes a run for it.
我有点难受 孙子
I’m feeling a little sentimental, grandson.
我想看那只小麋鹿活下来
I’d like to see that little elk live.
我们帮它一把吧
What do you say we tip the scales in his favor?
跟在我后面 好吗
Stay right behind me, okay?
如果我们靠得太近 它就会跑向妈妈
We get too close, it’ll make a run for its mama
那我们就帮倒忙了
and then we’ve screwed the whole deal.
我们怎么帮它
How are we gonna help it?
划出一小块领地 孙子
We’re gonna mark a little territory, grandson.
来吧
Get to it.
就在一个地方吗
Just in the one spot?
随你 尽情地尿
Everywhere you can. Let her rip.
别尿我身上
Don’t mark me.
泰特醒了吗
Is Tate up?
嗯
Yeah.
他在干嘛
What’s he doing?
灌溉 他没事
Irrigating. He’s fine.
回来
Get back in here.
嗯 这样
Yeah, well, that…
应该暂时能帮到它
that should fix him for a while.
我们现在干嘛呢
What should we do now?
我觉得
Well, I guess…
我们去看看牛吧
Guess we should check on the cattle.
牛看起来挺好
Cattle look good.
检查完了吗
We done checking on the cattle?
是的
Yep.
现在干嘛
What now?
现在我们可以做任何你想做的事了
Now we can do whatever you want.
我不知道我想做什么
I don’t know what I want.
我们散散步吧
Let’s go on a walk.
好主意
That’s a great idea.
我以为经营牧场挺难的呢
Thought ranching would be tougher.
这不算经营牧场 孙子
This isn’t ranching, grandson.
这算是战利品
This is the spoils of it.
什么意思
What’s that mean?
这就是我们经营农场的原因
It means this is the reason we do it.
经营农场
Ranching’s a…
经营牧场可不好干 孙子
Ranching’s a terrible business, grandson.
不好干 为什么
Terrible? How?
从何说起呢
Well, where do I start…
我们无法控制牛肉价格
We can’t control the price of beef,
或者干草 拉牛去拍卖♥♥场的柴油价格
or hay, or the diesel it takes to take the cattle to auction,
或者喂牛的干草价格
or the hay out to the cattle.
联邦法规
There’s, uh, federal regulations
州里的法规
and state regulations
县里的法规
and county regulations
市里的人还起诉我们
and these people in the city suing us,
抱怨我们没有好好饲养他们的食物
and complaining about the way we raise the food they eat.
还有什么
What else?
暴风雪和干旱
Then there’s blizzards and droughts
一半的牛群想在河里自杀
and half the herd is trying to kill itself in the river
另一半在围栏上找漏洞
and the other half looking for a hole in the fence
这样就可以站在高速公路中间被车撞了
so he can go stand in the middle of the highway and get hit by a car.
或者走进森林
Or wander into the forest
被狼 灰熊
and get eaten by a wolf or a grizzly…
或者又大又臭的大脚野人吃掉
or a big, stinkin’ Sasquatch–
大脚野人是什么
What the hell is a Sasquatch?
我也不知道
I don’t know.
压根就没有大脚野人 对吧
There’s no such thing as a Sasquatch, is there?
反正我没见过
Well, I’ve never seen one.
既然经营牧场这么难 我们为什么要经营呢
Well, if ranching’s so hard, how come we do it?
这就是人生啊 泰特
Because it’s one hell of a life, Tate.
这就是人生
One hell of a life.
黄石
第三季 第三集
一旦人生想得简单点 真的很有趣
You know, when you boil life down, it’s funny
每个人的需求并不多 不是吗
just how little you need, isn’t it?
可惜再过几代就不存在了
It’s a shame that in a few more generations this won’t exist.
一百年来大家都这么说 贝丝
People have been saying that for a hundred years, Beth.
他们以为铁丝网会毁了边界
I mean, they thought that barbed wire was gonna ruin the frontier,
但是现在呢
but there it is…
边界就在我们周围
The frontier is all around us.
那不是边界 里普
That’s not the frontier, Rip.
随你怎么说 但事实就是如此
You can call it what you want. But that’s what it is.
我去上班了
I gotta go to work.
再见
See you.
你比看起来聪明
You know, you’re smarter than you look.
话不多 但你很聪明
Not saying much, but you are.
你和看起来一样聪明 这就说明很多事了
Well, you’re as smart as you look and that’s saying a heap.
-检察长来了 -谢谢
– The AG is here. – Thank you.
你好 请坐
Hello, have a seat.
是好事吧
This should be good.
取决于你的观点
Depends on your perspective.
我刚和总统的幕僚长通了电♥话♥
I just hung up with the President’s Chief of Staff
他们要任命里德女士为副检察长
and they’re appointing Miss Reid to Deputy Attorney General…
美国副检察长 她才30岁
Of the United States. She’s 30.
我知道
I’m aware.
他们要在华盛顿重塑形象
They’re rebranding in Washington.
所以要找年轻人
They’re looking for youth.
他们得逞了
Well, they sure got it.
我要任命一个临时工来主持特别选举
I need to appoint an interim and host a special election.
我还有三周就可以退休打高尔夫了 女士
I’m three weeks from the golf course, lady.
-不行 -我还有什么选择
– No. – What are my options?
你能在我摆平之前别退休吗
Can you please just stay on until I figure this out?
让他进来
Send him in.
现在你可以帮我解决下一个难题了
Now you can help me navigate this next quandary.
佩里州长 幸会
Governor Perry, a pleasure.
彼此彼此 这是斯图尔特检察长
Likewise. This is Attorney General Stewart.
埃利斯·斯蒂尔
Ellis Steel.
你好 请坐
Hi. Have a seat.
从何说起
Okay, where to begin…
你看过我们的提案了吗
You’ve looked over our proposal?
看过了
I have. Yes.
机场提案吗
This the airport?
你们要求州政♥府♥投资什么
What investment are you requesting from the state?
我们想要那块地
We want the land.
你们保留所有权 我们获得30年的租约
You retain ownership, we operate on a 30-year lease.
每个航♥空♥公♥司♥承担
The airlines are assuming construction costs
各自航站楼的建造费用
on their respective terminals,
我们会建造基础设施
we’ll build the infrastructure,
合同管理和运营归州政♥府♥管
contract management and operations back to the state
原因很明显
for obvious reasons.
我们的建造成本刚过十亿
Our build costs are just over a billion.
我们想要四亿的土地
Now, we’re looking for 400 million in land
以及十年五亿的税收补贴
and a tax subsidy of 500 million over ten years.
跟我说说数据
Talk to me about numbers.
公园每年大约有四百万游客
The park has roughly 4 million visitors a year,
多数人从杰克逊霍尔那边走