这些都是小母牛
All these cows are heifers.
杰米
Jamie.
你想过长大后成为什么样的人吗
Ever think about what you want to be when you grow older?
像你一样
You.
我是说做什么工作
I mean as a job.
我总觉得以后我会接替你的工作
I always figured one day I’d do your job.
看看这个
Take a look at that.
哈佛
Harvard?
恭喜你 儿子
Congratulations, son.
我没有申请哈佛大学
I didn’t apply to Harvard.
我帮你申请了
I applied for you.
这是你赢得的殊荣
It’s a great honor. And you earned it.
你念书那么努力 这就是你的奖励
You busted your ass in school and this is your reward.
哈佛在哪里 康涅狄格吗
Where’s Harvard, Connecticut?
波士顿
Boston.
好远啊
That’s…that’s really far.
你想像我一样吗
You wanna be me someday?
那就成为可以帮助我保护这里的人吧
Then become something that can help me protect this place.
你希望我成为什么样的人
What do you want me to become?
律师
A lawyer.
你经常说你瞧不起律师啊
You always say that you don’t respect lawyers.
那你就成为让我瞧得起的律师吧
Well, then become one that I can.
为什么要我当律师
Why a lawyer?
律师是本世纪的宝剑
Lawyers are the swords of this century.
如今的武器是言语
Words are weapons now.
你得学会如何善加利用
I need you to learn how to use ’em.
你不应该被这么欺负
You don’t deserve this…
你发火想伤害我
I suppose I’m to blame for you being so angry
应该是我的原因
you’d want to hurt me …
但你伤害的不是我
But it’s not me you hurt.
是你的兄弟姐妹
It’s your brother and your sister.
坐下
Sit down.
你应该知道这对你自己
You understand it’s as much their future
和他们的未来都有威胁
you’ve risked as it is your own.
是的
Yeah.
如果我能…
If I could just…
如果你能什么
If you could just what?
解释吗
Explain?
你想解释什么 杰米
What do you want to explain, Jamie?

Well, I um…
我没有都告诉她
I didn’t tell her everything.
你不明白
You don’t get it.
你给了她一根线
You gave her a thread.
她可以随意编织
And she can weave it into whatever she wants.
你最好跟她沟通一下
You’d better get with her and find out
看看她到底想干吗 明白吗
exactly what it is she wants, you understand?
如果她想用我的故事
And if what she wants is ruining this ranch
来毁掉这个农场
with some story about me,
那你就像个律师样
then you act like my fucking lawyer
起诉她和她的杂♥志♥社
and sue her and her fucking magazine
让他们滚回纽约 明白吗
right back to New York, you understand?
黄石
第二季 第六集
漆马赌场酒店
这就是常春藤联盟教育带来的好处吗
So this is what an Ivy League education can get you?
不 你必须得抢
No, this you have to take.
这里比我想象的要好得多
It’s a lot nicer than I expected.
是啊 他当时一分钱都没有
Yeah. And he did all this with no money.
抱歉让你们久等了
Sorry to keep you waiting.
有什么事吗
How can I help you?
赌场赚钱的声音不是赌牌
The sound of a casino making money is not cards flipping.
是老虎机…
It’s slots ringing …
小小的舒心钟铃♥声♥
Little soothing chimes and bells
没有特定的节奏 但很和谐
with no particular rhythm but certainly a harmony.
所有人 每个人
And all of them– each one–
都徜徉在金钱的海洋中
in the universally pleasing key of ‘C.’
我知道赌场是怎么运作的
I know how a casino works.
而赌牌会有不同的效果
And the cards flipping make a difference.
我最好的庄荷
My best croupier.
即使只有九个半手指
Even with nine and a half fingers.
他一周赚的钱比加油站一排老虎机赚得还多
He makes more than a row of gas station slots in a week.
咱们就开门见山
So, let’s skip to the part where you talk to me
直接聊聊我在天堂谷的赌场吧
about my casino in Paradise Valley.
丹·詹金斯
Dan Jenkins.
现在他对你来说还有什么价值
What value does he provide you at this point?
你已经拿了他的土地
You already took his land.
詹金斯能给你提供的东西
Whatever it is you think you’re get from Jenkins,
我们这里肯定更好
you’ll get better from us.
我不想找合伙人
I’m not looking for partners.
但你有一个啊
And yet, you have one.
詹金斯对你毫无价值
Jenkins is worthless to you.
但我们可以为你提供真正有价值的东西
We, however, can offer you something of real value.
我非常期待
I’m breathless with anticipation.
老虎机
Slots.
只能通过我们的租赁公♥司♥获得
Only available through our leasing company.
在公职人员的办公室敲诈
Extorting a public official in his office.
我有三个证人
With three witnesses…
对我来说太简单了吧
How convenient for me.
我们没有义务出租设备
We’re not obligated to lease out equipment to anyone,
主席 我们只是在向你提供我们的专业知识
Chairman, we’re simply offering you our expertise.
承包商 社区
The contractors, the communities,
丹·詹金斯一家
the Dan Jenkinses.
约翰·杜顿
John Dutton.
不管你有什么需求 我们都可以谈
Whatever it is, we know how to negotiate it.
让你远离烦恼
Make it stay far away.
18个月后你才需要老虎机
You’re 18 months from needing slot machines.
在此之前 你还有很多问题要面对
You have plenty of problems to face before that one.
我们最不想看到的
The last thing we want to see is a casino
就是在黄石国家公园的北门
the size of the fucking Wynn
立着一个永利酒店大小的赌场
on the north gate of the Yellowstone National Park.
托马斯 我们不会让你好过的
And we will fuck you at every turn, Thomas.
除非我们有理由支持你
Unless we have a reason to support it.
现在嘛 我们没有
And right now, we don’t.
我建议你给我们一个理由
I suggest you give us one.
你是不是要说”不然”了
I feel an ‘or else’ coming.
废话
You bet your ass it’s coming.
女士们再见
Ladies.
真是个搅屎棍
Stirring hornets’ nests all over.
他们都很害怕 老莫
They’re all so scared, Mo.
也不怪他们
They got good reason to be.
看看他的手法
Watch how he does it.
这是你接下来要学的东西
This is the next thing you need to learn.
我要赚点外快
What I need to do is make some extra money.
你到底惹了什么麻烦 孩子
What the hell kind of trouble you in, kid?
需要花钱摆平的那种
The kind it takes money to fix.
赛场那里有一个弓背马♥会♥
There’s a buckin’ horse fraternity at the fairground.
你能在马上待八秒 就能赚到钱
You stay on for eight, you’ll pull a check.
我就觉得你骑烈马
Sitting on a buckin’ horse
骑得还不错 吉米
is the only thing I’ve seen you do well, Jimmy.
我当时被胶带粘住了啊
Yeah, I was fuckin’ taped to it.
你觉得光靠胶带就能让你坐在马鞍上吗
Think tape can keep you in the saddle?
马在直线跑的时候胶带就粘不住了
You fall off ’em when they’re running straight,
胶带断掉的时候你也没摔下来
you stick to ’em when they break in two.
也许这是你的天赋 吉米
Maybe that’s your talent, Jimmy.
入场费多少钱
How much does it cost to enter?
几百块
Couple hundred.
但你可以赢几千
But you can win a few grand.
我没有几百块钱
I don’t have a couple hundred to spare.
我帮你垫
I’ll spot you.
你为什么要帮我
Why would you do that?
你觉得呢
Why do you think?
这个搞定了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!