the student code of conduct.
这些都能改变你的人生轨迹
These are all things that can alter the course of your life.
这就是权力 而你没有
That’s power. And you don’t have any.
当克里斯托弗·哥伦布
When Christopher Columbus first came in contact
初次接触美洲原住民时
with Native Americans,
他见到的是巴哈马群岛的阿♥拉♥瓦人
it was the Arawak people in the Bahamas.
我给你们读读哥伦布的日记
I’ll read to you from Columbus’ journal.
“他们自愿向我们出♥售♥所有的东西
“They willingly traded us everything they owned…
他们没有携带武器 也不认识武器
They do not bear arms, and do not know them,
我给他们看一把剑 他们抓住了刀刃
for I showed them a sword, they took it by the edge
因无知而划伤自己
and cut themselves out of ignorance.
他们会成为很好的奴隶
They will make fine slaves …
只需五十人 我们就可以征服他们
With fifty men we could subjugate them all
让他们听令于我们”
and make them do whatever we want.”
你有过这种感觉吗 特伦特
You ever feel like that, Trent?
你是否想过让别人听令于你
Ever feel like making someone do you want,
不管别人是否愿意
whether they want to or not?
这是一种非常欧式的心态
It’s a very European mentality,
源于文艺复兴时期压♥迫♥性的
stemming from the oppressive political
政♥治♥和宗教结构
and religious structures of the Renaissance.
国王和牧师拥有绝对权力
Kings and priests with absolute power
统治一无所有的人♥民♥
ruling masses who have none.
这就是那些发现美洲大♥陆♥的人的心态
That was the mentality of the men who discovered America.
这也是我们现今社会需要纠正的心态
And it is the mentality our society struggles with today…
你们所了解的历史是主流文化
What you know of history is a dominant culture’s
对自身行为的辩护
justification for its actions.
我不教这个
And I don’t teach that.
我会教你们真实的事件
I’ll teach you what happened.
发生彼此人♥民♥身上的事件
To my people. And to yours.
因为我们都是被征服的后代
Because we are all the descendants of the subjugated.
每个人都是
Every one of us.
你讲得很好
You did well.
你紧张吗
Were you nervous?
吓死了
Terrified.
这是新伤
So, um, that’s new?
出什么事了
What happened?
我摔倒了
I fell down.
-打扰了 -朗
– Excuse me, Miss, um … – Long.
朗女士
Miss Long.
抱歉 我不是…
I’m sorry. I wasn’t–
我不是故意的 我只是…
I didn’t mean to… I was just…
我知道你在干什么
I know what you were doing.
对不起
I’m sorry.
再敢侮辱我或者班上的任何人 你就别来了
Insult me or anyone else in my class and you’re out.
接受道歉
Apology accepted.
谢谢
Thank you.
第一天你就赢得了人心
Day one and you’re already winning hearts and minds.
他还早呢
That mind is far from won.
但也没失去他
But it’s not lost either.
这是你创造出来的机会 莫妮卡
This opportunity is what you make of it, Monica.
在教室
Now, in the classroom
我坚信你都会成功
I have every faith you’re gonna make it count.
但是还有大量的其他资源
But there are plenty of other resources
供你使用
that are available to you, as well.
理疗 如果你需要的话
Physical therapy, if that’s something you need.
没错
It is.
这是医保报销的
It’s covered under your insurance policy.
打电♥话♥预约就好
Just call and make the appointment.
你也应该看看教师住房♥
And you should look into faculty housing.
还有住房♥
There’s housing?
你应该看看你的入职信
You need to read over your welcome packet.
大学就像一个小世界
See, a university is like its own little world.
现在这个世界的大门向你敞开了
And this whole world is open to you now.
尽情享受吧
So, go enjoy it.
反对恐♥怖♥主♥义♥
始于1492年
有事吗
Can I help you?
这里为什么叫鹈鹕农场
Why do you call it the Pelican Ranch?
我们从旧金山搬过来
We moved from San Francisco.
总是担心会想念大海
Always worried we’d miss the ocean.
中介带我们来这的时候
When our agent brought us here,
池塘里有一只鹈鹕
there was a pelican sitting in the pond.
仿佛大海跟着我们过来了
Like the ocean followed us here.
中介说他在这里从没见过鹈鹕
Our agent said he’d never seen a pelican here before.
浅茶色头发 做了美黑和大白牙吗
Sandy hair, great tan, white teeth?
你认识麦克
You know Mike?
那不是鹈鹕
It wasn’t a pelican.
看上去很像啊
Sure looked like one.
你们开车抵达时 它飞走了吗
Did it fly away when you drove up?
没有 我们看地的时候 它一直在池塘中♥央♥
No, it sat in the center of the pond the whole time we were here.
之后就没见过了吧
Haven’t seen it since, though.
因为那是一个诱饵
That’s because it was a decoy.
池塘中♥央♥的一只奇怪大鸟
And a big strange bird in the middle of the pond
吓跑了其它的鸟
scares away other birds.
那些鸟喜欢吃池塘里的鲑鱼
Birds that like to eat the trout in the pond.
池塘里有鲑鱼吗
Got any trout in the pond?
没以前多了
Not like we used to.
我想买♥♥你的农场
I’d like to buy your ranch.
我们不卖♥♥
Oh, it’s not for sale.
任何东西都能卖♥♥ 老兄 多少钱
Everything’s for sale, buddy. How much?
-我是说 -出个价吧
– I mean… – Name your price.
九百万
Nine million?
离开我的房♥子
Now, get out of my house.
这就是下人的工作 吉米
This is what you call low-man work. Jimmy.
你以为你是谁
What do you think you are?
牛仔怎么没来
Why isn’t Cowboy out here?
他是临时工 吉米
He’s a day-worker, Jimmy.
只能留在马鞍上
His ass stays in the saddle.
我在农场工作多年
I’ve worked years on ranches
我的屁♥股♥从来没有离开过马鞍
where my ass never left the saddle neither.
也许你应该留在那边 沃克
Maybe you should’ve stayed there, Walker.
可不嘛
Don’t I know it.
你说什么
What’s that?
我没听见
I didn’t hear you.
不干架 不干活
Won’t fight. Won’t work.
饭吃得倒不少 不是吗
But you’ll sure eat our food won’t ya?
坐在我们的农场上
and sit in our field,
像一个游客一样唱歌♥
and sing like a fucking tourist.
这是你的农场吗 里普
So this is your field, is it, Rip?
这边搞定了
Hey, these are set.
吉米 去开全地形车
Jimmy, get on the quad.
搭成方形
All right, square it off.
绕紧点 哥们
Keep it tight boys.
铁丝太松 公牛穿过去很容易的
Bulls will walk through a loose wire like it ain’t even there.
你♥他♥妈♥站着干什么
The fuck you doing standing there?
过来绕线
Start wrapping wire.
我今晚就走
Hell I’m leaving tonight.
你可以在酒吧花掉我这周的工资 我不在乎
You can spend my week’s wages at the bar for all I give a shit.
沃克 你在那么多大农场干过
All these great ranches you worked at, Walker,
为什么不回去
why not go back to one of them?
为什么来我这了
How’d you get in my truck?
因为我不能离开蒙大拿
Because I can’t leave the state.
蒙大拿还有很多农场
There’s plenty of ranches in Montana.
不 因为他们不会要你
Nah, it’s because they wouldn’t have you.
为什么呢 沃克
Why is that, Walker?
要是我打电♥话♥问问
When I start making phone calls,
会发现什么呢
what am I gonna find out about you?
我爱上过农场主的女儿
Well I reckon I got a fondness for the farmer’s daughter.
咱俩都一样 对吧
I guess we got that in common, don’t we?
来啊
Come on.
我要把你的心
I’m gonna take your fucking heart out
从你喉咙里掏出来 沃克

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!