无法改善我们的学校
will not improve our schools–
所以你想花两亿再建一家
So you want to spend $200 million building another one??
有限制的非保留地赌场
Off-site casinos come with regulations,
还有我们无法控制的合伙人
they come with partners we don’t control–
不是非保留地
It won’t be off-site.
我们会拥有那块土地
We will own the land.
一拿到手 我们就将它并入保留地
And once we do, we annex it into the reservation.
可以吗
Can we do that?
之前有过先例
The precedent’s already set.
丘马什在圣伊内斯也干过
The Chumash did it in Santa Ynez.
我们能建立商业帝国 酒店 餐厅
We can build businesses– hotels, restaurant.
没有国家监管
With no state oversight.
因为它是保留地的一部分
Because it’s part of the reservation.
现在我只需要理事会批准贷款
All I need is council approval for the loan.
有野心
Ambitious.
这就是我当选的原因
It’s what I was elected to be.
你当选是为了给保留地带来改变
You were elected to bring change to the reservation.
这不是改变
This isn’t change.
这就是几世纪来白人对我们干的那码子事
This is the same thing white man’s been doing to us for centuries.
而现在换你做了
And now you’re doing it.
是的 终于到我了
Yes. At last.
有人能对白人下手了
Someone is doing it to them.
这就是改变的开始
This is where change begins.
这份计划书上
I don’t see anything in this proposal
我没看到任何有关发展收益
that shows how the money from this development
如何改善帮助社区的内容
is gonna help the community.
只有你的承诺
Just your promise it will.
而承诺是我们来到保留地的根本原因
And promises are how we got on the reservation in the first place.
信任白人让我们来到了保留地
Trusting them is what put us on reservations.
而我不信任他们
And I don’t trust them.
我不会为你投票的
You don’t get my vote.
我需要吗
Do I need it?
我不需要
I don’t need it.
你会需要的 汤姆
Well you will, Tom.
很高兴见到你
Well, it’s good to see you.
我能为你做些什么
So how can I help?
我重新考虑了
I’ve reconsidered.
我重新考虑了你之前提供的工作
The job you offered. I’ve reconsidered.
我们为美国原住民研究争取的拨款
The money we earmarked for that Native American Studies program
要下学期找到教授才能到位
was re-allocated until next semester when we can find a professor.
你不是不想离开保留地学校吗
I thought you didn’t want to leave the school
你怕他们少一名教师
on the reservation with one less teacher.
我记得你的态度很坚决
You were pretty firm on that, if I recall.
我不辞职
I’m not leaving.
我想两边都兼着
What I mean is: I want both.
我可以上午在高中教书
I can teach mornings at the high school,
下午和晚上来大学
and afternoons or evenings here at the university.
那会很忙的 而且路途遥远
That’s a full plate, and a long drive.
我知道
I’m aware of that.
我有门美国历史课
I have a class– American History.
需要一位教授
It needs a professor.
你可以先教课 然后我们下学期
That gets you in the door until we can get your classes
帮你排课
on the fall schedule.
哪段美国历史
What era of American History.
从哥伦布登陆到签署《独♥立♥宣言》
Columbus’s arrival to the Declaration of Independence.
哥伦布
Columbus.
-你不喜欢吗 -看情况
– Are you comfortable with that? – Depends.
我要教哪个版本的哥伦布历史
Which version of Columbus’s history am I teaching?
你的版本 达顿夫人
Yours, Mrs. Dutton.
朗 我姓朗
Long. My last name is Long.
我原名叫郎·斯皮尔[长矛]
It used to be “Long Spear,”
直到我祖父被人从他父母手中抢走
until my grandfather was taken from his parents
送入由印第安事务局
and sent to a Catholic school
集资建立的天主教学校
funded by the Bureau of Indian Affairs,
他被人改了姓
where they changed his name
还教导他不要做印第安人
and tried to teach him how not to be Indian.
我很期待教授年轻人
I look forward to teaching young minds all about the man
将种族灭绝带到西半球来的男人
who introduced genocide to the Western Hemisphere.
天啊
My God.
你是贝丝
You Beth?
你是卡茜迪
You Cassidy?
我所在的蒙大拿站在金枪鱼罐头上
My part of Montana you can stand on a can of tuna
就能一览整个州
and see the entire state from there.
这里可不行
Not here.
我很好奇我能为你们做什么
I’m very curious to learn what I can do for you.
是我们能为你做什么
Oh I think it’s what we can do for you.
进屋吧
Come inside.

Here.
我们在寻找三位可以背书的候选人
We’re looking at three candidates to support.
想先问问你是否感兴趣
And wanted to gauge your interest.
我很荣幸
I’m flattered by the offer.
但我得问一下 你为什么不支持你儿子
I have to ask: why aren’t you supporting your son?
显然你还没见过他
Clearly you haven’t met him.
我们想找最适合蒙大拿的候选人
We want what’s best for Montana.
而现在
And right now, that…
感觉是你
that feels like you.
你能给我父亲介绍一下
Can you walk my father through
你创立的受伤老兵慈善机构吗
the wounded veterans charity you started.
我们从加拿大的屠宰场拯救马匹
We save horses from slaughterhouses in Canada
为患有创伤后应激障碍的老兵
and use them for equine therapy
进行马术治疗
with war veterans suffering from PTSD.
好吧
Well then…
很难遭到反对啊
Be hard for either side to argue against.
我要迟到了 走了 老爸 爱你
I’m late. I gotta go, Daddy. Love you.
别换发型
Don’t change the hair.
我有点担心我得不到选民的支持
I’m a little worried I won’t get the voter turnout.
我来自蒙大拿州东部 镇上只有六百人
I’m from eastern Montana, towns with 600 people,
没多少选民
not a lot of voters there.
选票我来想办法
You let me worry about votes.
你只要做自己就好
You just worry about being you.
好吧
Okay.
你叫什么
What’s your name?
牛仔
Cowboy.
你叫牛仔
Your name’s Cowboy.
靠 我们都是牛仔
Shit. We’re all cowboys.
你是个屁
The hell you are.
还有你
And you…
你骑马就像青少年在干炮
you ride a horse like a teenager fucks–
弹上弹下 瞪着眼珠
bouncing up and down with your eyes wide,
不敢相信自己真的在干炮
stunned you’re doing it at all.
你唯一像牛仔的就是吃东西
Only cowboy thing I seen you do is clean your plate.
有本事站起来跟我说 我当不了牛仔
Stand up and tell me I can’t cowboy.
我没说你当不了
I didn’t say you can’t.
我说他当不了
I said he can’t.
他肯定当不了
And he sure as hell can’t.
而且你不会想让我站起来的 小子
And you don’t want me standing up, boy.
我会把你揍出屎来
I’ll beat you like a rented mule.
这个农场有条规定 牛仔
There’s one rule on this ranch, Cowboy.
如果你想打人 就先跟我打
If you wanna fight somebody, you fight me.
你是忘了这条规定吧
I guess you forgot that rule, right?
坐下
Go sit down.
罗伊德
Lloyd,
告诉埃尔维斯晚饭好了
tell Elvis supper’s ready.
我替你说
I’ll tell him for you.
你的歌♥还是不欢快啊
I see your voice didn’t get any happier.
我想也是
Well I guess neither did I.
-老天 好久不见 从… -海索恩
– Hell I ain’t seen you since– – The Haythorne.
内布拉斯加
Nebraska.
听说你去当兵了
Heard you did a stint.
七年
Seven years.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!