麦克宣布退出竞选
Mike announces his decision not to run.
同时宣布你作为他的继任者 为你背书
At the same time, he endorses you as his choice to succeed him.
克里斯蒂娜在2012大选中
Christina interned
是克里斯·梅西纳的实习生
for Chris Messina in 2012.
奥巴马的竞选经理
Obama’s campaign manager.
-我知道他是谁 -你当然知道
– I know who he is. – Of course you do.
她在这里已经工作了三年
She’s been staffed with us for three years
2016议会选举中我们获得五个席位
and was instrumental in our gain of five seats
她发挥了重要作用
in the Assembly in 2016.
我们觉得她会是你竞选的好帮手
We think she’d be a great asset to your campaign.
我很期待开始工作
I’m really excited to get started.
我很高兴你能加入我的团队
Well, I’m happy to have you on the team.
我的人可以是个六尺信基♥督♥的帅气消防员吗
Can my whore be a 6-foot fireman who loves Jesus?
谢谢
Please?
达顿这个姓能拉拢共和党选民
The Dutton name gives you the red votes.
麦克的背书能拉拢民♥主♥党选民
Mike’s endorsement gives you the blue votes.
所以你想让我以独♥立♥候选人身份参选
So you want me to run as an independent?
这样两党都会反对我
That opens me up to opposition from both parties.
而且会阻碍我未来竞选更高的职位
And it limits the possibilities for an office beyond this one.
我们先担心这次的竞选
Let’s just worry about winning this office for now.
现在独♥立♥候选人
There’s a value to the independent party
有十年前没有的优势
that didn’t exist ten years ago.
党派间分歧太深
The partisan lines are drawn so deep.
唯一的成功之道就是争取中间选民
The only way to get anything accomplished is with a swing vote.
党派候选人没有这个优势
Party members don’t get those.
这是新的趋势 因为对两党都有利
It’s the new trend because it benefits both parties.
如果你独♥立♥竞选 就没人会反对你
If you run independent, you’ll run unopposed.
两党主席都对此做了保证
Both party chairs have pledged that.
所以 如果没人反对他
So, if he’s running unopposed,
为什么他还需要这个惹火小妞
why does he need this little firecracker?
还是说这是竞选的福利
Or do these kind of perks come with the office?
我能和贝丝单独说句话吗
Can I have a word with Beth alone?
别给我搞事情
Don’t you fuck this up for me.
我只给自己搞事情
I’m fucking it up just for me.
我觉得你有什么事想说
I get the sense there’s something that you would like to discuss.
好聪明啊 怪不得你是州长
What insight. No wonder you’re governor.
我丈夫去世的时候 我儿子才十五岁
When my husband died, our son was 15.
从那时起他就有好多问题
He’s had countless issues since–
滥用药物 酗酒
drug abuse, alcohol abuse,
还有很严重的赌博成瘾
pretty significant gambling addiction.
他没办法♥正♥常工作
He can’t hold down a job.
不过我听说你是个能正常生活的酒鬼
Although, I hear that you’re a highly-functioning alcoholic,
厉害啊
so kudos for that.
我从痛苦中学到的是
What I learned, painfully,
当一个孩子遭遇不幸
is that when a child suffers a tragedy,
他们就不再长大
they stop maturing.
从失去亲人的那天起
They’re emotionally frozen
他们就心如死灰
at the age they experienced the loss…
直到他们面对现实
until they accept it,
很显然 你还没有
which, clearly, you haven’t.
看着你 就像看着一个十四岁的小女孩
I look at you, and I see a 14-year-old girl
想和全世界作对
who wants to bully the world.
但是你没法和我作对 贝丝
But you can’t bully me, Beth.
够强大才有资格
Bullies need to be big,
而我比你更强大
and I’m bigger than you.
明白了吗
Got it?
当然
Boy, do I.
我没法为你参选背书 除非你得到治疗
I can’t endorse you for office until you get some help.
你为我弟背书
You’re endorsing my brother,
看来你眼光很准
which shows your shrewd judge of character.
我不想要你背书 这不是我来的目的
I don’t want your endorsement. That’s not why I’m here.
好吧 贝丝
Okay, Beth.
有话直说
Fire away.
男人的思维和我们不同
Men don’t think like us.
头脑太简单 无法估计后果
Too simple to weigh the significance of every act.
我父亲 他只是想遗忘
My father, he just wants to forget.
但你不是
But not you.
你想在每个墙角撒尿
You wanna piss in every corner
把这些角落占为己有
and make those corners yours.
偷♥情♥都是去酒店
Affairs happen in hotels,
不会在家
not homes.
看我的时候要仔细点
You need to look closer when you look at me,
莉奈儿
Lynelle.
我以毁掉别人的事业为生
I ruin careers for a living.
你再爬上我妈的床
You sleep in my mother’s bed again,
我就毁了你的事业
and I will ruin yours.
毁了它
Ruin it.
明白了吗
Got it?
还有 让你儿子成熟点
And tell your son to grow up.
他听着像个娘们
He sounds like a real pussy.
-我喜欢李老头餐厅 -不会吧
– I love Old Man Lee’s. – No way.
不 贝丝
No. Beth–
准备好了
Ready.
别走啊
Hey, we’re not going anywhere.
-这才刚开始 -你可以搭我的车
– We’re just getting started. – Hey, I can give you a ride.
我自己想办法吧
Ah, I’ll figure it out.
牧场很远
Well, the ranch is far.
我现在为你工作
I work for you now.
我可以送你去任何地方
I’ll take you anywhere you want.
杰米
Jamie?
我先挂了
I gotta go.
只要杰米
Just Jamie.
我回办公室 然后上庭
I’ll be in my office, then court.
你需要的话 我就在门外
I’ll be right outside the door if you need me.
看来你们相处很融洽
Looks like that’s gonna work out.
她看起来很好
Yeah, she seems great.
我希望真的能成 杰米
Well, I’m hoping it really works out, Jamie.
一个36岁的单身汉竞选公职
A 36-year-old bachelor running for office
会有很多问题的
raises a lot of questions.
你想让我们假扮情侣吗
You want us to pretend to be a couple?
不 看起来已经自然发生了
No. It looks like it’s happening organically.
这是好事
That’s a good thing.
我们聊点别的吧
Let’s talk about something else.
畜牧协会的部分成员
Some members of the Livestock Association
对你父亲的健康问题表示担忧
have raised some health concerns regarding your father.
健康问题 什么问题
Health concerns? Like–like what?
癌症
Like cancer.
这 这…
That’s–that’s, uh–
如果有问题我会知道的
I think I would know.
是吗
Would you?
我可不信
I wouldn’t listen to the rumor mill
牧场主协会的流言
at the Cattleman’s Association.
我也不太在意这些
Well, I don’t pay much attention to that,
可是其中一名协会成员的儿子是肿瘤科医师
except when one of the association member’s sons is a Oncologist.
我觉得…
Now, I would like to think–
等等 要我送你吗
Wait, do you need a ride?
不用了 谢谢 抱歉
Um, no, thanks. Sorry.
再来一次吗
Wanna go again?
-来吧 -不不不
– Let’s go. – No, no, no.
我们暂时应该打够了
I think we got it out of our system… for now.
我的职责是保护这个家庭
My job is to protect this family,
而你对它的危害最大
and you are the worst thing for it.
你做出了选择 凯斯
You made your choice, Kayce.
就要忠于它
Now you stand by it.
现在不要回来
Don’t come back now.
你想为你父亲做点什么吗
You wanna do something for your father?
那就这么做
You do that,
因为说实话
’cause I’ll be honest with you.
我厌倦了为你掩埋秘密
I’m getting tired of burying your secrets.
你在想什么
What are you thinking?