吉米 到围栏中间去
Jimmy, get halfway up the fence
别让它们跑回来
and keep them from spilling back!
怎么那么慢
Why you walking?
快点 别浪费时间
Haul ass, we ain’t got all day!

Oh, fuck!
需要看医生吗
You need to see a doctor?
最痛苦的是羞耻感
It’s the shame that hurts the most, you know?
但羞耻来自内心
But shame, it’s in the mind.
你可以随时切断
You can turn that faucet off whenever you want to.
成为一个男人不容易 对吧
Rough business becoming a man, ain’t it?
但总比另一种选择强
Beats the alternative, though.
走吧 干活去
Come on, let’s go to work.
一早上都在为种马询价
Spent all morning pricing stallions.
现在花在它们身上的钱
You can buy a damn house in town
可以在城里买♥♥一套房♥了
for what they cost now.
我刚给了你一匹种马
I just gave you a stallion.
没人骑得了他 凯斯
No one can ride him, Kayce.
他既聪明又凶恶
He’s smart and mean.
这样的马不好对付
That’s a bad combination in a horse.
他本质一点都不凶
He ain’t got a mean bone in his body.
只要征服它就行了
You just gotta finish him.
那是李的工作
Well, that was Lee’s job.
我没有时间
I don’t have the time.
里普的性格不合适
Rip, he doesn’t have the temperament.
我可以把他带回去驯
I can pull him back down to my place and work on him.
为什么不在这儿驯呢
Why don’t you work on him here?
你是驯马师 不是吗
You’re a horse trainer, aren’t you?
不是吗 那就来驯我的马
Aren’t you? So train mine.
我不会为你工作的
I won’t work for you.
把那匹马牵回去吧
You know what? Just take the horse back.
我不想要了
I don’t want him.
我送你马是为了向你道歉
The horse is me saying I’m sorry.
你没什么可道歉的
You don’t have anything to be sorry for!
我应该早点去的
I should’ve been there sooner.
我根本就不该去
I shouldn’t have been there at all.
不要再流连于过去了 儿子
You gotta stop looking backwards, son.
我帮你驯马
I’ll fix the horse for you.
如果你骑不了 就不算礼物
Ain’t no gift if you can’t ride him,
但我不会收你的钱
but I won’t let you pay me.
除了你 大家都赚了
That’s a good deal for everybody but you.
杰米
Jamie.
非常感谢 梅尔
I really appreciate this, Mel.
是你在帮我
Hey, you’re helping me.
她在哪儿
So where is she?
这里
Over here.
你不是那种
You are not the kind of kid
可以两天都不洗澡的人
that can go two days without a bath.
洗澡 洗澡 洗澡
Bath, bath, bath!
我整天都在洗澡
My whole life is baths!
莫妮卡
Monica…
请允许我向你介绍梅尔·汤普森
I’d like to introduce you to Mel Thompson.
他是蒙大拿州立大学的校长
He’s the President of Montana State.
幸会
Nice to meet you.
久仰
Heard a lot about you.
如果有时间的话
If you have a minute,
我们想和你谈谈
we’d love to have a conversation with you.
有 你在这儿等着 好吗
Yeah. You stay out here, buddy, okay?
进去谈吧
Go inside?
你先请
After you.
-我来 -谢谢
– I’ll get that. – Oh, thanks.
请进
There you go. After you.
我校正在拓展人文科学课程
The University is expanding its liberal arts program.
我们为美国原住民研究专门拨款
And Native American Studies is an area that we’ve earmarked
我们认为学术界对这个领域的关注不足
that we feel has been underrepresented in academia.
这么说有些轻描淡写了
There’s an understatement.
没错
Yes.
你可以作为副教授
So as an Associate Professor,
攻读博士学位
you could work toward your doctorate
同时帮助我们扩大这个科系
as you help us expand a department
学校认为这个学科
that the University feels
对于我们对国家和民族的理解
is elemental in understanding ourselves
至关重要
as a nation and as a people.
梅尔
Mel…
-我们谈谈薪水吧 -好的
– How about we talk about salary? – Yes.
如今
Well, now,
你也能想到
as I’m sure you can imagine,
副教授职位的报酬不会很高
an Associate Professorship isn’t exactly a huge payday.
不过第一年起薪
But it does start around 70,000
大概是七万
for the first year.
等你拿到博士学位
But once you have your doctorate,
收入就会更高了
the financial opportunities are greater.
并不是说我们教书是为了赚钱
Not that any of us got into teaching to make money.
你是在给我提供工作吗
You’re offering me a job?
我…
I…
当然是
Yeah, I absolutely am.
你不明白
You don’t understand.
如果一名教师离开保留地的学校
When a teacher leaves a school on a reservation,
很少会有人来填补空缺
there isn’t a line of teachers to fill my place.
他们就会少一名教师
There’s just one less teacher.
如果我走了 孩子们就不好过
If I leave, my kids will suffer.
他们已经够不幸的了
And they’ve suffered enough already.
我们能单独谈谈吗
Could we have a minute alone?
-梅尔 再给你倒杯咖啡吧 -好的
– Mel, let’s get you some more coffee. – Of course.
这是你的主意
This was your idea.
我的决定都是建立在一个基础上 莫妮卡
I weigh every decision against one thought, Monica.
把其他家庭置于自己的家庭之上
To consider other families before my own
就是对自己的孩子不负责
is to fail them as a father.
凯斯即使不会死也会进监狱
Kayce’s gonna end up dead or in prison.
我们都知道
We both know it.
至少在这儿 我还有可能保护他
At least here, there’s a chance I can prevent that,
但只有你才能让他来
but you’re the only one who can get him here.
我和凯斯不会限制对方
I don’t control Kayce any more than he controls me.
这样才能长久
That’s what makes us work.
无论我是怎么权衡我的决定
As far as what thoughts I weigh against my decision,
这都与你无关
that’s none of your business.
谢谢你安排了这个机会
Thank you for arranging this opportunity,
但是答案是不
but the answer is no.
怎么样了
Well, how’d it go?
他们很般配
They’re perfect for each other.
都不讲逻辑
Both allergic to logic.
我没有任何筹码 反正他们没有接受
I don’t have any leverage, none they recognize anyway.
你得给我找一些
You gotta get me some.
你在做什么
What you doing?
我在检查他们把这匹马弄得有多糟
I’m gonna see how bad they screwed up this horse.
你做了什么
What you been doing?
让我想想
Let’s see…
我把石头扔进马槽里了
I threw rocks in the horse trough.
我几乎抓到那条束带蛇了
And I almost caught a garter snake.
你想知道它有多大吗
And you want to know how big it was?
多大
How big?
我没有在开玩笑
I’m not even joking.
这蛇也太大了
That’s a lot of snake to grab.
往后站 小家伙 以防这匹马甩下我
Stand back, buddy, in case this horse takes off on me.
我喜欢这里
I love it here.
是吗
Yeah?
我希望我们可以住在这里
I wish we could live here.
我们有家 朋友
We got a home, buddy.
家里糟透了
Home sucks.
你知道我和你妈妈为了那个家有多努力吗
Do you know how hard me and your mother work for that home?
不许这么说 知道吗
Don’t you ever say that, okay?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!