Daddy!
宝贝
Hey, buddy.
把它弄进车里肯定挺有意思的吧
Bet it was fun putting him in the trailer.
嗯 大家叫它龙♥卷♥风♥
Yeah, they call him a tornado.
你打算怎么把它弄出来
How are you planning on getting him out?
随机应变吧 宝贝
I’m just making this up as I go, babe.
我要是你们就往后站
I’d step back a bit further if I were you.
没事的
It’s all right.
我知道看着不像没事 但事实如此
I know it don’t seem like it, but it is.
淡定
Easy.
淡定
Easy.
淡定 淡定 就这样
Easy, easy. That’s it.
就这样
That’s it.
你们几个退后
You kids get back!
就是这样 来吧
That’s it, that’s it. Come on.
没事的 没事的
It’s all right. It’s all right.
我能摸摸它吗
Can I pet him?
当然儿子 等个一年吧
Sure, son, in about a year.
一点都不怕 他这点随你
No fear in this one. He got that from you.
你是说缺乏常识 这点随你
You mean no common sense. He got that from you.
你们的作业在厨房♥自动做好了吧
Well, I suppose your homework is in the kitchen doing itself.
驯这匹马肯定挺有意思的
Oh, he’s gonna be fun to break.
需要帮助就喊我一声
Well, holler at me if you need my help.
明天有空
Free tomorrow?
需要人手
Could use a hand.
好的
Yeah, sure.
带匹马过来
Bring a horse.
这匹不行
Just not that one.
我哥跟你说话了
Wow. My brother actually talked to you.
有进步啊
Well, that was progress.
嗯 是有点进步
Yeah, it was something.
我今晚有家长会
I got parent conferences tonight,
你看着泰特
so you’re on Tate patrol.
好的
All right.
我想知道它在想什么
I wonder what he’s thinking.
估计是想我剥夺了它的自♥由♥
Well, he’s probably thinking I took his freedom.
那它想得没错
Well, he’s right.
晚饭做好了
Supper’s ready.
靠
Ah, damn it.
你妈更擅长干这个
Your mother was always better at this.
你知道谁真正擅长此事吗
Hey, you know who’s really good at it?
-医生 -嗯
– Doctors. – Yeah.
昨天就该弄的
Should have done that yesterday.
给我 我来吧 我来
Here, let me do it. Let me do it.
艾伦让我提一下 那我就说了
All right, Alan asked me to mention it, so I will.
他们让咱们采伐木材…
They’d allow us to harvest the timber before the–
不行
No.
-答案是不行 -好
– The answer’s no. – Yeah.
我来吧
Can I do this?
嗯
Yeah.
当你说不行时 这个问题就必须没余地了
When you say no, it must be the death of the question.
我明白
Mm-hmm, I understand.
哪怕是有一丝不确定
If there’s even a hint of maybe,
问题也不会停止 直到他们
the questions won’t stop until they find
找出你无法拒绝的理由
something you can’t say no to.
你得知道什么时候
You got to learn when to think
像律师一样思考 懂吗
like a lawyer, you understand?
什么时候像农场主那样思考
And when to think like a landowner.
否则你就只能当个律师
Or a lawyer’s all you’re ever gonna be.
不得不说 你…
Well, I’ll say this. You…
随你妈有双巧手
You got your mother’s hands.
我跟他们说了不行
I told them no.
我说了你不会考虑的
Hey, I said you wouldn’t consider it.
你该考虑吗 当然
Should you consider it? Absolutely.
我们可以用这笔资金以及筹码
We could use the money and the leverage that comes with it.
你不来吗 爸
You’re not coming, Dad?
不了 我去博兹曼市参加个会
No, I got a meeting in Bozeman.
你今天把警徽也戴上吧
Why don’t you take your badge out with you today?
再带把枪
Take a rifle too.
他们不会因为流浪牲畜找咱的麻烦吧
I mean, they won’t give us any trouble over strays.
应该会帮咱们把它们圈起来
I mean, hell, they’ll probably help us round them up.
警徽是给与你同去的牧场工看的
Well, the badge is for the ranchers riding with you.
以防他们回去时顺手牵羊
It’ll keep them from bringing home any extras.
你听到我的话了吗
Did you hear me?
筹码是知道是否有人
Leverage is knowing if someone had…
拥有世上所有的财富
all the money in the world…
这是他们要买♥♥的
This is what they’d buy.
议员
Senator.
抱歉我来晚了
I’m sorry I’m late.
我想先看一下保留地
I wanted to see the reservation first.
看了一圈还满意吗
Did you enjoy your tour?
一点也不
No, no, I did not.
你这样认为挺好
Well, it’s good that you took it.
改变不平等需要见证
Inequity must be witnessed to be changed.
请就坐
Please have a seat.
我无法想象你母亲在这为了养育你
I can’t imagine all your mother overcame
而克服的重重困难
just to raise you here.
我从没见过她 我也不是在这长大的
I never met my mother, and I wasn’t raised here.
十八岁之前 我一直以为自己是墨西哥人
Till I was 18, I thought I was Mexican
虽然我长得不像墨西哥人
even though I didn’t look Mexican
一点墨西哥人的感觉都没有
and I didn’t feel Mexican,
我相信人们能感受到自己的民族传统
if one can feel their heritage, which I believe one can.
我十八岁那年 我的领养记录解封了
When I turned 18, my adoption records were unsealed,
你想我多惊讶吧
and imagine my surprise.
我和养父母当面对质
I confronted my adopted parents,
他们说骗我是为了保护我
who said they lied to protect me.
他们说作为墨西哥人
They said as a Mexican,
我会遭遇歧视
I would face discrimination, sure,
但是作为印第安人会让我明白
but as an Indian, I would know a hatred
只有经历过仇恨才能完全了解
that had to be endured to be fully understood.
他们以为给了我更好的生活
They thought they were giving me a better chance at life.
那就是这个国家对我们的政策 一如既往
That’s this nation’s policy toward us, always has been.
如果我们想要过上更好的生活
If we want a better life, all we have to do
只要不当印第安人就好
is stop being Indian.
我会改变这个政策
I’m gonna change that policy.
只有我的族人才能改变那项政策
My people are the only ones that can change that policy.
赌徒的钱就像一条河
The gambler’s money is like a river,
都流经同一条道 我们的道
flowing one way… our way.
议员 你开车经过的大路
Senator, you’ve never driven a road
或漫步过的小道
or walked a trail
或是在蒙大拿滑雪的山峰
or skied a mountain in Montana
一开始都属于我们
that didn’t belong to my people first.
国家不想归还于我们
This nation doesn’t want to give it back?
那行
So be it.
我们买♥♥回来
We’ll buy it back…
用他们的钱
with their money.
你希望我做什么
So what do you want from me?
我希望你帮我花掉这些钱
I want you to help me spend it.
来 去见见我们正在拯救的人
Come. Meet the people we’re saving.
女士们先生们 让我们欢迎
Ladies and gentlemen, let’s welcome the new chairman
碎岩的新首领 托马斯·雷恩沃特
of Broken Rock, Thomas Rainwater!
那水和电呢
What about water and power?
难道不需要许可证吗
You don’t need a permit for that?
银行担心你们破土动工
See, the bank’s concern is that you’re gonna break ground,
政♥府♥或环保局要就会起诉我们
and the state or the fucking EPA paper us in lawsuits
因为我们未经允许建了一座发电站
because we built a power plant without a permit.
在蒙大拿 为矿场或木厂
In the state of Montana, no permit is required
建造发电站不需要许可
to build a power source for a mine or a mill.
我们自己建磨场
Now, we’ll construct our own mill
这样我们还能直接从森林中收割木材了
that will also allow us to harvest wood directly from the forest,
木材成本能降低65%