– It’s hysterical. – No, it isn’t.
-诗文慷慨激昂 -不 不是的
No, it is seriously so good.
这真的很棒
Called “I, Forward.” Get it?
叫《我 前锋》 懂吗
Yeah, like “I, Robot.”
就像《我 机器人》
– Right, but “I, Forward.” – Yeah.
-对 但是是《我 前锋》 -是的
It’s… it’s really hard getting in “The New Yorker.”
能在《纽约客》上发表是很难的
– It is? – Yeah, really.
-很难吗 -对啊 真的
It’s the first thing I submitted.
这是我的第一篇投稿
Woman: That’s amaz… I’m amazed.
-让人惊 -我很惊讶
The first thing? No.
第一篇 不会吧
– That’s great. Good for you. – What’s that?
那真棒 你真行
Mike got published in “The New Yorker.”
-那是什么 -麦克在《纽约客》上发表了文章
You don’t say! May I see it?
你怎么不说啊 我可以看看吗
– Sure. – It’s about racism.
-当然 -关于种族歧视的
Hot dog! Now don’t go getting too famous on us.
小子红啦 不要红过我们哦
– (all laughing) – What’s that?
那是什么
Mike published an article in “The New Yorker.”
麦克在《纽约客》上发表了文章
– Take a look at that. – Ho ho!
-你看看 -哈哈
Right on. You dog, you dog!
好极了 你这小子 你这小子
– Yeah! – (all cheering)

This should be read at assembly.
这应该在会议上朗读
Now that is a great idea.
这才是好主意
Mike, would you read it at the assembly?
麦克 你会在会议上朗读吗
If you twist my arm, all right.
如果你扭一下我的手臂 没问题
(all cheering)
我可以拿走吗
May I take this with me?
-当然 -他看完到我可以吗
– Yeah, sure. – Can I read it after him?
That’s awesome. Congratulations.
-真是太棒了 -恭喜你
Hey, blow my whistle. Come on…”The New Yorker”!
嘿 吹我的口哨 快 《纽约客》
For “The New Yorker”! Yeah!
为了《纽约客》 耶
(all cheering)
Wow, I cannot wait to get my own copy.
哇 等不及拿你文章的复印件了
“New Yorker.” It’s not a national,
《纽约客》不是全国性杂♥志♥
– but that’s amazing. – No.
-但也很不错了 -不
Actually, it is a national magazine.
事实上 这是全国性的杂♥志♥
– It’s national. – Really?
-这是全国的 -真的
Whoa, I didn’t know that.
哇 我还不知道
Mmm.

How’s Kyle?
凯尔还好吗
Great.
很好
Raising a son is so hard.
养儿子真不容易
Don’t get me wrong, my Hunter is the best thing that ever happened to me.
别误会
我家亨特是我生命中最好的礼物
But man, can he be a handful.
但天啊 他真的很难管
– How old is he? – Two, going on 20.
-他多大了 -2字头 快20了
Oh, God.
噢 天啊
The kid’s a player.
这孩子是名运动员
Well, I wonder where he gets that from.
我很好奇他从谁那遗传的
– I have no idea. – (laughs)
我也不知道
How’s he dealing with the separation?
他的分居问题处理得如何了
Real well.
非常好
I didn’t know you were separated.
我不知道你们分居了
Yeah. It’s been tough,
说来话长了
but his mother and I were supposed to make a baby together.
他妈妈和我
本打算生个孩子
We just weren’t supposed to live together.
所以我们不该一起住了
– That’s so sad. – Yeah.
-真是太遗憾了 -是的
Thanks.
谢谢你
How often do you see him?
你多久见他一次
Every other weekend.
每隔一周的周末
They’re not kidding when they say that raising a child
当有人说养育一个孩子是最艰难 也是
is the toughest job you’ll ever love.
最喜欢的工作时 那不是玩笑话
Mmm. Well, you sound like a great dad.
嗯 听起来你像一个好父亲
Ah, well,
I try my best.
我尽力吧
(chuckles)
(laughing)
(rockets firing)
Hi, Andrew.
安德鲁
Hey.
I enjoy our little chats.
很高兴和你聊天
Woman’s voice: Oh, yeah.
– Kyle? – Hi… hi, Dad.
-凯尔? -爸爸
– What are you doing? – What? Nothing.
-你在干什么? -没干什么
What’s Andrew doing here?
安德鲁在这里干啥呢?
What, Andr… don’t bother Andrew, all right? He has asthma.
什么 不要烦安德鲁了 好吗
Then he shouldn’t be having milk products.
-他有哮喘病
那他就不该吃奶制品
– What? – Listen, you’re grounded.
-什么 -你被禁足了 叫他回家
– Send him home. – I can’t send him home, Dad!
我不能送他回家 爸爸
God, man, you never listen to me.
天啊 你从不听我说话
I told you, he doesn’t have a father
我告诉过你 他没有父亲
and he has a mother who’s an alcoholic.
而他的母亲是个酒鬼
Kyle, send him home. You don’t get to have friends over.
凯尔 送他回家 你不可以留宿朋友
Fine, you know what? You can send him home.
好啊 那你就送他回家
I’m not gonna do that to this guy.
我反正不会这样对待朋友
Okay? You don’t care about anyone but yourself.
除了自己 你不关心任何人
– Kyle? – You’re so… what?
-凯尔 -你实在是… 怎么了
– What do you want? – Do you want to do some homework?
-什么事 -你想做作业吗
I would love to, but I can’t.
我想做 但是我不能
You have to go home.
你必须回家了
Why?
为啥
Oh, well, that’s a question for my father.
那你得问我爸去
Fine, Andrew can stay. You can do homework.
好了 安德鲁可以留下 你也可以去做作业了
Oh, you can stay now! You can…
哦 你现在又可以留下了 你可以…
go on, get in. Shut up.
进屋 闭上嘴
Oh, you’re gonna tell me to shut up now.
哦 这回变成你叫我闭嘴了
– Yeah, I am. – Prick.
-是的 -凶什么
(distant dog barking)
Mr. Clayton, do you have anything to eat?
克莱顿先生 有吃的东西吗
Sure, Andrew.
当然有 安德鲁
Uh, I’m a vegetarian.
额 我是素食主义者
(laughs)
Here you go, Andrew. It’s just cheese.
给你安德鲁 这只是奶酪
I hope you’re okay with that.
希望你可以吃
– Be careful. It’s hot. – Thanks, Mr. Clayton.
-小心烫 -谢谢克莱顿先生
Kyle, let’s see how much you’ve got here.
凯尔 让我看看你做多少了
Oh, online. Well, “Farmers relied on good soil,
哦 在线资料 “农民依靠肥沃土地
worker animals, sunshine and…
牲口 阳光
perspiration.”
汗液”
You mean like sweat?
你的意思是汗水吧
No, perspiration… when it rains!
不对 是雨期需要的雨水
Uh, that’s… that’s precipitation.
额 那应该叫 降雨吧
– (Andrew exhaling) – No, I meant “sweat.”
不 我想说”汗水”
Oh.
这里太热了 想喝点什么吗 安德鲁
It’s hot. You want something to drink, Andrew?
No.

You okay?
你还好吗
I’m trying to write.
我在构思
– Sorry. – Please.
-抱歉 -拜托
– (cell phone ringing) – Hello?
您好
– Lance: Hey. – Hi.
-嘿 -嗨
As soon as I finish helping Kyle with his homework,
我一辅♥导♥凯尔做完作业
I’m coming over to your house and putting my penis in your vagina.
就马上冲到你家里
(laughs)
把你骑在身下
That’s a single entendre.
这是开门见山的说法
Oh, I should have called you earlier.
哦 我本该早点打给你
I didn’t get to the store so I didn’t make chili.
我还没去商店 还没做红辣酱
Oh. Well, I’ll take you out to dinner.
哦 不如我带你出去吃吧
Oh, I don’t know if that’s a good idea.
哦 我不觉得那是个好主意
I mean, we really shouldn’t go out where students might see us.
我是说我们不该去
Well, you know what? I’ll pick up some takeout and bring it over.
学生能看到的地方
那我带外卖♥♥
Oh, would you just hate me if we did this tomorrow night instead?
过去怎么样
如果我们明晚
再做你会不会生气
I’m just not feeling that great, and it’s already kind of late.
我状态不好 再说时候不早了
No. No, tomorrow night’ll be great.
没关系 没关系 就明晚吧
Okay.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!