凯尔不会白白逝去
Through his book and through our hearts he will live on.
他会永远存在
他的书中和我们的心里
Today we dedicate this library
今天我们以他的名义
in his spirit…
捐献这座图书馆
a tribute to his deep intelligence
为他渊博智慧的赞誉
and to the profound impact he made on all of us
也为他给我们带来的深刻影响
in the brief time we were fortunate enough to know him.
时光短暂 而我们却如此幸运能够认识他
And now to accept this honor on his behalf,
现在 有请他的父亲
I give you his father,
代表他接受这份荣誉
Mr. Lance clayton.
兰斯·克莱顿先生
(crowd cheering)
You guys didn’t like Kyle.
你们不喜欢凯尔
But that’s okay, I didn’t either.
但是没有关系 我也一样
I loved him.
我爱他
He was my son,
他是我的儿子
but he was also a douche bag.
但他也是个讨厌鬼
He wasn’t very smart
他不是很聪明
and he didn’t kill himself.
他也没有自杀
Kyle died accidentally while masturbating.
凯尔是在自♥慰♥的时候意外身亡
I made it look like a suicide
我做出了他自杀的假象
and I wrote a suicide note.
我伪造了自杀遗书
I also wrote his journal. Thank you.
他的日记也是我写的 谢谢
Thanks.
谢谢
You are an asshole.
你是个混球
Yeah.
对
Lance’s voice: I used to think the worst thing in life
我曾经以为生命中最糟糕的事
was to end up all alone.
就是孤独终老
It’s not.
其实不是
The worst thing in life is ending up with people
最糟糕的是与那些让你
who make you feel all alone.
孤独的人一起终老
? Pressure pushing down on me ?
压力向我袭来
? Pressing down on you, no man asked for ?
也向你袭去 没人请求帮助
? Under pressure ?
压力之下
? That burns a building down ?
足以摧毁建筑
? Splits a family in two ?
可以拆散家庭
? Puts people on streets ?
暴露人性
? Um ba ba be ?
? De day da, ee day da ?
? It’s the terror of knowing ?
了解世界的
? What this world is about ?
恐惧就是
? Watching some good friends screaming, “Let me out” ?
看着好友喊着 让我出去
? Pray tomorrow gets me higher ?
祈祷明天能让我使
? Pressure on people, people on streets ?
人们倍感压力 那些游离于
? Day day de mm hm ?
? Da da da ba ba okay ?
? chippin’ around ?
街头巷尾的人们
? Kick my brains around the floor ?
把我的头打倒在地
? These are the days it never rains but it pours ?
干旱季节却下了倾盆大雨
? Ee do ba be ee da ba ba ba ?
? Um bo bo be lap ?
? People on streets, ee da de da de ?
暴露人性
? People on streets, ee da de da de da de da ?
暴露人性
? It’s the terror of knowing what this world is about ?
认识这个世界的恐惧就是
? Watching some good friends screaming, “Let me out” ?
看着好友喊着 让我出去
? Pray tomorrow gets me higher high high ?
祈祷着明天能让我放松 放松 放松
? Pressure on people, people on streets ?
压力之下 暴露无遗
? Turned away from it all like a blind man ?
无视一切的存在
? Sat on a fence but it don’t work ?
坐在破旧篱笆上
? Keep coming up with love ?
不断的追寻爱情
? But it’s so slashed and torn ?
它却那么脆弱不堪
? Why? Why? Why? ?
为什么 为什么 为什么
? Love love love love love ?
爱情 爱情 爱情 爱情 爱情
? Insanity laughs under pressure we’re breaking ?
重压之下我们狂笑
? can’t we give ourselves one more chance? ?
为何不能给自己再多一次机会
? Why can’t we give love that one more chance? ?
为何不能给爱情再多一次机会
? Why can’t we give love give love give love give love ?
为何不能给爱情
? Give love give love give love give love give love ?
给爱情 给爱情 给爱情 给爱情
? ’cause love’s such an old-fashioned word ?
因为爱情是个过时的词汇
? And love dares you to care ?
爱情让你敢于去关心
? For the people on the edge of the night ?
身处黑暗边缘的人们
? And love dares you to change our way ?
爱情让你敢于去改变
? Of caring about ourselves ?
我们对于自己的态度
? This is our last dance ?
这是我们的最后一舞
这是我们最后一舞
? This is ourselves ?
这是我们自己
? Under pressure ?
压力之下
压力之下
? Pressure. ?
压力
I knew you wrote the book.
我知道那本书是你写的
I liked it.
我很喜欢
– Really? – You’re a good writer.
-真的吗 -你是个不错的作家
I think you should keep writing.
我觉得你应该继续写下去
Thanks, Andrew. I will.
谢谢 安德鲁 我会的
Hey, Andrew.
安德鲁
– What are you doing? – Nothing.
-你打算做什么 -没什么
Do you want something to eat?
你想吃点东西吗
I’d like that very much, sir.
我很想吃点东西 先生
I’m vegetarian.
我是素食主义者
I know.
我知道
? Yeah ?
? I’ve always been this way ?
我一直如此
? Never known any other way to feel ?
从不知换个方式
? Got the right of way ?
找一个正确方法
? And all of the others must yield ?
其他的无关紧要
? Now I’m naked ?
如今我赤♥裸♥着
? And I’m in school ?
我依旧在上学
? I can’t make it ?
我似乎挺不住
? To the door ?
奔向了那门口
? Yeah ?
? Try to understand ?
我试着去理解
? That an oyster can only make a pearl ?
牡蛎能将沙粒
? From a grain of sand ?
变成颗颗珍珠
? But from what I don’t know makes a girl ?
可是又是什么 造就了女孩子
? But I’m trying ?
我竭力控制自己
? Not to laugh ?
不笑出声来
? Inside I’m dying ?
内心深处 我行将就木
– ? When we break ? – ? When we will break ?
-我们何时彼此 -我们何时会彼此
– ? Apart ? – ? Apart ?
-破裂 -破裂
– ? Then you take ? – ? Then you take ?
-你就会 -你就会
– ? Back your heart ? – ? Back your heart ?
-收回你的心 -收回你的心
? And it aches in the dark ?
黑暗之中它会痛
? But it makes ?
但它会放出
? A tiny spark ?
小小火花
? I’ve always been this way ?
我一直都是这样
? Never known any other way to feel ?
从不知换个方式
? Got the right of way ?
找一个正确方法
? And all of the others must yield ?
其他的无关紧要
? Now I’m naked ?
如今我赤♥裸♥着
? And I’m in school ?
我依旧在上学
? I can’t make it ?
我似乎挺不住
? To the door ?
奔向了那门口
? We were lying ?
我们躺在
? In the grass ?
草丛之中
? I was trying ?
我试着去
? Oh, not to laugh ?
忍♥住不笑
? I was drowning ?
我沉浸于
? In the past. ?
往事之中
? I know the way ?
我知道如何
? To lose my cares ?
失去我的耐心
? When this boy’s burdens ?
当他的负担
? Are too much to bear ?
过于沉重
? I’m up in a cloud ?
我跳上云端
? Flying in the sky ?
飞于天空中
? I float away ?
我随风飘远
? When I get high high high ?
当我越飞越高
? Folks toss and turn ?