和我们讲讲你的儿子凯尔
It’s difficult, isn’t it?
很难开口是吧
Yeah.
是的
He was a sweet boy.
他是个贴心的孩子
Kind.
善良
I’m sorry. He was a sweet boy.
请原谅 他是个好孩子
(laughs)
I’m sorry.
-不好意思 -背后有许多故事吧
But there was a lot brewing underneath?
The tragedy is I didn’t know until his death
可悲的是直到他死后我才意识到
how sad he was or profound.
他有多忧郁 多渊博
– Mmm. – (laughing)
Here’s a tissue for you.
给你拿点纸巾
Profound. Indeed profound.
渊博 确实渊博
Indeed.
确实
“You don’t know me.”
《你不了解我》
This is so beautifully written.
这本书写得很好
I just… you know, the thing is,
我 关键是
I didn’t know… I’m so proud of him. He was a great writer.
我不知道 我以他为荣 他是个很出色的作家
Yes, this is really remarkable work.
是的 这作品确实很杰出
No matter what page I turn to,
不论我翻到哪一页
there’s something here that really moves me.
总会有让我感动的东西
– I want to read this. – Okay.
-我读一下这段 -好的
“Is it more important for me to be a good person
“对我来说做个好人
or to be thought of as a good person?
抑或被认为是个好人重要吗
I’m so sick of living a life in fear
我痛恨过着害怕被人
of being found out for the phony I am,
发现我是个伪君子的生活
a life where I don’t trust anyone’s intentions,
对所有人我都抱着怀疑的态度
including my own.”
包括我自己”
Wow, that is really deep.
哇 真是深奥
Hard to imagine that it was written by a 15-year-old.
很难想像这是一个15岁的孩子写的
– He was an old soul. – Mmm.
他心理年龄很成熟
You know, I’m not gonna pretend that I know what’s going on
我不想假装我知道
in the mind of a teenager.
年轻人的头脑里在想些什么
All I’m saying is, Kyle made a mistake.
我要说的是凯尔犯了个错误
If you’re that depressed,
如果你真的那么压抑
reach out to someone.
找个人谈谈
And remember, suicide is a permanent solution
记住 自杀是解决暂时问题的
to temporary problems.
长久方法
– You want my job? – No. Please, Dana, no. Thank you.
-你想抢我的饭碗吗 -不是的 丹娜 不 谢谢
Again, the book, “You Don’t Know Me.”
感谢这本书《你不了解我》
And my guest has been Lance clayton.
以及来宾兰斯·克莱顿
– (audience applauding) – Thank you.
谢谢
You were so good!
你太棒了
Thanks, doll.
谢谢 宝贝
And I’m so glad you used my title.
很高兴你用了我的标题
It’s a great title.
那标题不错
(phone ringing)
你好
Hello?
Lance, hi. It’s Bert Green.
兰斯 你好 我是伯特·格林
– Hi. – You were so great on “Dr. Dana.”
-你好 -你在《丹娜博士》里的表现太精彩了
Oh, thanks, Bert.
哦 谢谢 博特
It was like… it was like watching a ballet.
就像 就好像在看芭蕾
Hey, do you have time to meet tomorrow?
嘿 你明天有时间见面吗
Because there’s a number of publishers
因为有很多出版商
who are dying
拚命地
– to meet with you. – Well, really, no.
-找你商谈 -我不去
Actually we have to head back tomorrow.
其实我们明天要回去了
They’re dedicating the school library in Kyle’s honor.
他们要以凯尔的名义给学校建图书馆
Good for him. I mean, good for you.
对他 应该说对你来说是好事
That’s good.
很不错的
Hey, let’s do it soon.
我们能尽早见面最好了
Because this book is hot.
因为这本书太火了
It’s like a volcano on the sun.
就好像是太阳上的火山
Wow. That’s a lot of heat.
哇 那可太热了
I’m gonna get a hold of you soon.
我会尽快联♥系♥你
Okay? Bye.
好吗 再见
Lance, Lance.
兰斯 兰斯
Oh, God. I’m glad I caught you.
上帝啊 终于找到你了
Oh, your book is on fire.
你的书真够火的
– Oh. – It is.
-哦 -是真的
This is… this is Bill Tobin.
这位是比尔·托宾
– Hi. – From Simon & Simon.
来自双西蒙出版公♥司♥
– Carl Klienman from Howard Publishing. – Hi.
霍华德出版社的卡尔·克莱曼
And this is George Kenny, from Kaufmann Press.
这位是考夫曼出版社的乔治·肯尼
They love your book and they wanna meet with you.
他们很欣赏你的书 想见见你
– It’s true. – Really.
-确实是 -真的
We’re not gonna bother with that right now.
我们不是现在就要缠着你
They’re gonna have a chance to talk with you after the dedication, okay?
捐赠仪式之后他们
想和你谈谈 怎么样
– Good. – Okay?
好的
And they also want a book of yours too.
他们也想出版一本你的书
– That’s amazing. – Yeah.
-那太好了 -对
– Okay. – See you in there.
-好的 -待会见
I’m so proud of you, lamb chop.
我为你感到骄傲 羊排
Thanks.
谢谢
Mr. Clayton.
克莱顿先生
Bruce Hornsby.
布鲁斯·豪恩斯比
We wrote Mr. Hornsby and he came.
我们给豪恩斯比先生写了信 他也来了
Hey, man, when I heard what a fan Kyle was
当我听说凯尔是粉丝
I thought, how can I say no?
我就想 我怎么能拒绝呢
All: Aw.
-谢谢 -上帝啊 他可真可爱
– Thanks. – Girl: God, he’s so sweet.
Girl: Bruce Hornsby.
布鲁斯·豪恩斯比
I’d like to dedicate this song to my biggest fan,
我要把这首歌♥献给我最忠实的粉丝
– Kyle clayton. – (applauding)
凯尔·克莱顿
(playing piano)
? Another song came and went ?
又一首歌♥萦绕
? Like the times that we spent ?
如我们消耗的时光
? Hiding out from the rain ?
雨中在外躲避
? Under the carnival tent ?
躲避在帐篷里
? I laughed and she’d smile ?
我开怀大笑 她浅酌微笑
? It would last for awhile ?
这一切延续许久
? You don’t know what you got ?
直到失去所有
? Till you lose it all again ?
你才知道你的拥有
? Listen to the mandolin rain ?
听那曼陀林般的雨声
? Listen to the music on the lake ?
听那湖面上的音乐
? Listen to my heart break ?
听每次她离开
? Every time she runs away ?
我心碎的声音
? Listen to the banjo wind ?
听斑鸠琴般的风声
? A sad song drifting low ?
悲伤的歌♥曲在吟唱
? Listen to the tears roll ?
听她再次离开时
? Down my face as she turns to go ?
眼泪从我面颊流下的声音
? Listen to the tears as they roll ?
听她再次离开时
? Down my face as she turns to go. ?
眼泪从我面颊流下的声音
Mr. Clayton,
克莱顿先生
I want you to know that
我希望你能知道
I’ve always felt not enough.
我一直觉得力不从心
My dad rides me all the time.
我的父亲
总是贬低我
He calls me a loser.
他说我是失败者
I almost killed myself
我真想结束自己的生命
until Kyle’s note and book came out.
直到我看到凯尔的遗书和他的书
It saved my life.
它救了我
I know he’s looking down on you so proud.
我知道他一定在天堂为你骄傲
Thanks, Pete.
谢谢 皮特
(applause)
Thank you, Bruce Hornsby.
感谢布鲁斯·豪恩斯比
Welcome students, faculty
欢迎各位同学 教工
and guests.
宾客们
Today
今天
we celebrate Kyle.
我们为凯尔庆贺
Kyle has shown us so many things;
凯尔给我们很多启示
how fleeting the time
逝者如斯矣
we spend on this earth really is.
Kyle did not die in vain.