西斯金斯让我两点半去参加会议
Siskins asked me to a meeting at 2:30.
真的吗
Really?
– 你现在和谁一起? – 哪里?
– Who’s with you now? – Where?
工作
At work.
一个叫做葛洛里亚·弗洛姆的女人
A woman named Gloria Fromm.
四十二 二十六 三十九?
42-26-39?
三十九半 你在那待得不短 应该知道的
39 1/2. From all that sitting. You should know.
我要走了
I’ll be going.
早日康复
Get well soon.
谢谢
Thanks.
弗雷德?
Fred?
我仍然喜欢你
I’m still fond of you.
请坐 斯蒂勒博士
Have a seat, Dr. Stiller.
喝点什么吗
Care for a drink?
– 咖啡? – 不必 多谢
– A coffee? – No, thanks. Really.
好的 我们开始
Alright then, let’s begin.
你…?
Would you?
如你所知
As you may know
我是政♥府♥任命的税务委员会的一员
I sit on the government- appointed commission
也是“展望二〇〇〇”成员
Perspective 2000
作为一名钢铁专家
as an expert on steel.
加上你作为联合钢铁有限公♥司♥主席的能量
Also in your capacity as chairman of United Steel Inc.
这是当然的
Of course, naturally.
在这种威势之下 我们更能集中火力
And in this respect we’re somewhat preoccupied
尤其是近期的大潮中
especially given certain recent trends
传送运输系统
in freight and transportation systems
对钢铁的需求 会在八十和九十年代
that would have major repercussions in the 80s and 90s
产生巨大反响
on demand for steel.
你对商业方面有了解吗
Do you have a background in business?
几乎没有
Hardly.
嗯 我简要解释一下…
Well, if I may briefly explain…
在我们的部门 调查不只是长♥期♥的 也是…
In our sector, investments are not only long-term, they’re also…
很耗费资金的
Very costly.
让哈特曼说完 斯蒂勒
Let Mr. Hartmann finish, Stiller.
不 不 你可以继续说 很对
No, no, you can put it that way. Quite right.
很耗费资金 或者说…一个调查
Costly. In other words, an investment
会花掉上亿的钱
to the tune of several hundred million
如果是在今天 可以说要用二十年的时间
if made today, would take, say, 20 years
分期偿还
to be amortized.
– 如果你的分♥析♥没错的话 – 是的 这是前提
– If your analyses were correct. – If they were correct, yes.
当然 我们没有胡乱猜想
Naturally we don’t make wild guesses.
我们依赖于科学的分♥析♥工具
We rely on a whole slew of scientific analytical tools:
经济和市场分♥析♥
Economic and market analyses
走势预测…进出口关系…
trend forecasts, input-output relations…
只举几个例子
to name a few.
但你自己清楚
But you yourself know
传统电脑技术…
the limitations of the prognostic capacity
预测能力的局限性
of conventional computer technology
这些机器和你的仿真模型相比
and how much larger the margin of error is of such computers
产生的误差范围大多少
compared to your simulation model.
为什么跟我说这些?
Why are you telling me all this?
– 我不明白… – 他明白
– I don’t understand. – He does.
斯蒂勒博士…
Dr. Stiller…
我们不是在谈论张罗个热狗摊
We’re not talking about opening a hot-dog stand
而是关乎国家经济命脉的决策
but a decision of major importance to the national economy
哈特曼先生 作为展望二〇〇〇协会的一员…
for which Mr. Hartmann, as a member of the Perspective 2000 Committee…
让议会出面就好
Then let the committee request it.
你能想象由官僚主义接手吗
Can you imagine the bureaucracy that entails?
况且 软件的设计不是为了催生变量
Besides, the software wasn’t designed to access such variables.
它会危害整个程序 让我们回到两个月前的进度
It would jeopardize the entire program and set us back two months.
我看起来很傻 从一个技术…
I’ll look like a fool. From a technical…
谢谢 斯蒂勒 我不是问这个
Thank you, Stiller. I’m not asking.
你可以从仿真模型那里得到数据
You’ll call up the data from the simulation model
为了钢铁的需求 为了未来的二十年
for the demand for steel for the next 20 years
把这个放在我桌子上…
and have it on my desk by…
在二十三号♥之前
by the 23rd.
我不知道 你不能让一些集团…
I don’t know. You can’t just let some conglomerate…
斯蒂勒 请让我自己决定做什么 不做什么
Please let me decide what I can or cannot do, Stiller.
然后你就不需要我了
Then you don’t need me.
看在上帝的份上 西斯金斯…
For God’s sake, Siskins…
我想你至少会先从内部处理好
I thought you’d have settled this internally, at least.
我们会的 我亲爱的哈特曼 我们会的
We have, my dear Hartmann, we have.
你看 斯蒂勒是一名科学家
You see, Stiller is a scientist.
每一个科学家都有点儿理想主义
And in every scientist resides a bit of an idealist.
但是…
But…
我会解决斯蒂勒的那么一点理想主义
I’ll deal with the little idealist in Stiller.
– 你好 斯蒂勒 – 你好 哈恩
– Hello, Stiller. – Hello, Hahn.
想看一下这些新单元的心理记录表吗
Want to check the psychograms of the new units?
不 我们看过了
No, we’ve reviewed them.
感觉好点吗
Feeling better?
是的 昨天我就恢复了
Yes, it just came over me yesterday.
我应该为自己的行为道歉
I should apologize for my behaviour.
别提了
Forget it.
真的 对不起
Really, I’m sorry.
打扰了 但是…
Excuse me, but…
我需要去机房♥
I need to go to the computer room.
据精确统计 我们已有九千七百个身份单元
We’re up to precisely 9700 identity units.
相当于一个小城镇
The equivalent of a small town.
顺便说一句…
By the way…
我想进行“连接”
I’d like a hook-up.
给你?
For you?
为乡村生活采样
To sample village life.
无所谓 随时可以 瞧…
Fine with me, anytime. Oh, have a look.
她想成为百万富翁的妻子
She’s in the mind of a millionaire’s wife.
是的 他在
Yes, he’s here.
很好
Fine.
很好 我会告诉他的
Fine, I’ll tell him.
警♥察♥来找你
The police are here to see you.
警♥察♥?
The police?
跟我来
Come with me.
你好 斯蒂勒博士
Hello, Dr. Stiller
我很荣幸 不过他才是斯蒂勒
You honour me, but this is Stiller.
对不起 对不起
Excuse me, I’m sorry.
你好 斯蒂勒博士
Hello, Dr. Stiller.
能和你单独谈谈吗
I was hoping to speak to you in private.
真的有必要吗
Is that really necessary?
我想是的
I’d say so, yes.
好的 我们出去
OK, I’ll clear out.
我去机房♥ 再见
I’ll be at the computer. See you.
请进
Please come in.
怎么了?
Yes?
我们有些问题 斯蒂勒先生
We have questions, Mr. Stiller.
需要你回答的问题
Questions for you.
关于沃尔摩尔的案子
Questions about the Vollmer case.
你是他的助手?
You were his assistant?
你们知道的很详细
You know full well.
是的 当然
Yes, of course.
很彻底
Purely routine.
这是工作 一旦学会了
Part of the job. Once learned
你就不会忘记
you never forget it.
坦白地说 斯蒂勒先生
Let me be frank, Mr. Stiller.
沃尔摩尔先生的死很可能不是意外
It’s possible that Vollmer’s death was not an accident.
你不在场吗
You were away?
我说过了 我在山上的小屋里
I told you, at my cabin in the mountains.
你说过 是什么意思?
What do you mean, you told me?
没什么
Nothing.
只是我的确在我的小屋里
Just that I was at my cabin.
有人能证明吗
Can anyone corroborate that?
没有
No.
沃尔摩尔是我最好的朋友
Vollmer was my best friend.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!