I put a tack on his seat.
结果被罚一周不准下课,知道我学到了什么?
Yeah, I lost recess for a week. But you know what I learned?
以牙还牙的厉害?
The futility of retaliation?
我学到社会达尔文主义的真谛
The truth of social Darwinism.

Hey.
是你写信给家长的?
Did you write that letter to the parents?
当然是我
Yeah, course I did.
现在全国都在打♥压♥公会
I’m just trying to stop the pandemic of union-gutting
我要阻止事态扩大
that’s going on in this country right now.
搞得像学校倒闭都是工会的错
As if the teachers unions are responsible for failing schools.
你跟我说没用,不过那封信
No need to convince me. But, the letter was…
信怎么了?信还是起作用了,不是吗?
The letter was what? These gals look motivated, yes?
没错
They do, they do.
此例一开,就没法收场了
If they push this through, then floodgates are gonna open,
一堆学校都要闹分♥裂♥
a lot of schools are gonna start falling apart,
很多好老师会失业
and a lot of good teachers are gonna get pushed out.
家长们不懂这些,不知道后果
Folks don’t get that this is not good!
他们知道,因为他们要求改变,就现在
No. Because they want change. Now.
请让一下
‘Scuse me.
我不想这样
I don’t want it to be like this.
我没告诉你,因为当时我还不确定要不要做
I didn’t tell you sooner because I wasn’t sure I wanted it.
当我决定要做了
And when I realized I did,
而且非常想做
and how bad,
我害怕你不同意,害怕你生气
I was scared you’d say no, or you’d be pissed off,
所以我搞砸了
so I fouled up.
都是我的错,我道歉
And it was my fault, so I’m sorry.
我想要开个会
I’m gonna call a meeting
讨论我们到底要怎么做
to find out how we can make this work.
如果你们同意
If you want it.
我们的机会来了
Okay, this could be our chance to be
我们将有机会成为我们一直想要做的老师
the teachers we always hoped to be.
谁说我们不要?
Who’s saying we’re not?
我需要你去参加会议
I really need you to go to that meeting
去说服他们,他们看重你说的话
and convince them. They really look up to you.
我只想教书
I just wanna teach.
我也想翘着二郎腿,看《钢人队周六秀》
I just wanna put my feet up and watch Steelers Saturday Night,
但我不能,你懂我的意思吧?
but I can’t, do you know what I’m saying?
我懂
I do.
我真搞不懂你,你让我摸不透
It’s just, I don’t understand you. You’re confusing me.
我以为你能带头做点事
I thought you were somebody that stood up for things.
        
现在事情稍有不顺
And now it’s not all
black-and-white and comfortable
你就退缩了吗?
and so you freeze?
我没有退缩
I don’t freeze, I’m just not doing
只是没照你说的做,这不一样
what you want me to do. There’s a difference.
小妞,你也要悠着点
Hello to you too, missy.
她才八岁
She’s 8 years old.
她越不理你,就说明越需要你
When she pushes you away, it means she wants you more.
得让她知道她那套是行不通的
She should learn that that’s not how it works in the world.
她处处和我作对
She’s fighting me on everything.
让她读书好像要她命一样
Getting her to read is like getting blood from a stone.
其实,她让我帮她
You know, she asked if I would help her.
她不让我告诉你,我不知道为什么
She didn’t want me to tell you. I don’t really know why.
没关系
That’s fine.
你会去参加会议吗?
Will you come to this meeting?
我会考虑的
I’ll think about it.
真的吗?
是的  
Really?
Yeah.
会的
Yeah.
怎么了?
What?
我从来没有成功
I’ve just never been able to talk
说服过聪明人
smart people into doing things before.
好了
All right, all right.
吃饭了,玛利亚,晚饭做好了
Come on, Malia, dinner’s ready.

Hey.
再来弹我几下
Go on, hurt me.
我都听到道歉了
I got all your apologies.
我可以解释
I can explain.
不必了,教师协会已经解释了
No need, TAP already did.
他们说什么?
What did they say?
一些我已经知道的事
What I already know.
关于大多数新学校都会失败的事
That most of these new schools fail.
你知道为什么失败吗?
You wanna know why?
因为没有人会管理
Because no one has the first idea how to run them.
你能看着我的眼睛,告诉我这不会发生吗?
Can you look me in the eye and tell me that that won’t happen?
我不能
很好 
I can’t.
Well, that’s great.
很好,那那些掉队的
That’s great. What about all the kids
孩子们怎么办?
that are gonna get left behind, huh?
没有人会掉队,我保证
Nobody gets left behind, I promise.
没有工会合同,教师随时能被开除
And without a union contract, teachers will get forced out.
不会开除那些真正想教书的教师
Not teachers who wanna teach.
我现在就是在混日子,罗拉
I’m just getting through days, Nona.
我也是,我们一样
So am I. So are we all.
布伦娜,我就是想回到过去那样
Breena, I’m just trying to get back to
我需要你
the way things were, and I need you.
嗨,本,这是简米
Hey, Ben, this is Jamie.
你好
Hi, how you doin?
好了,我会参加你们的会议
All right, so, look, I’m gonna come to your meeting.
我只能保证这个
很好     
All right, that’s all I can promise.
That’s great.
你有问题吗?我们现在可以回答你
Well, do you have any questions we can answer now?
没有,晚安
No. Good night.
我可以进去看看比赛分数吗?
Can I just pop in and check the score?
你是谁啊,企鹅队的粉丝?
What are you, a Penguins fan?
别小看我
Don’t insult me.
好吧,第一次季后赛谁赢了?
All right. First playoff win.
1970年,2比1,对阵奥克兰封印队
1970. 2-1. Oakland Seals.
哈尔巴拉克接沃利博耶的接球后射门得分
Harbaruk scored on a one timer from Wally Boyer.
你凭什么可以开学校?
What qualifies you to run a school?
我是说,你又不是班级之星
I mean, you’re not exactly a shining star in the classroom, are you?
狄波,住口
Oh, shut it, Deb.
关键问题是
But the point is, don’t you wanna
难道你们不想对教学有自主♥权♥吗?
have a say in what gets taught and how?
我们才是了解这些孩子的人
I mean, we’re the ones who know these kids.
你们都有自己的设想
Now, you all have documents with some thoughts,
现在是时候分享一下了
but this is our time to share ideas.
是啊,不过就得脱离工会,你明白吗?
Yeah, but we won’t be union. Do you understand?
不过你不还是一样可以教书吗?
But will you be able to teach?
没听见我说的吗?没有工会了
Are you guys not listening? There is no union here.
如果想做,就要冒险
If we’re gonna make this work, take the risk…
是的,但是听我说,听我说
Yes, but listen, listen. But listen.
工会可以一直拖着我们
The union won’t allow us to spend the time
我们没时间耗下去
that we have to spend with them.
他们不会好说话的
They won’t do it.
不仅如此
Not only that, what other business
哪个行业能保证你工作两年就拿终身职?
says that you get a job for life after two years? Come on!
不要这样
Oh, no, don’t do that.
每个人都把焦点放在工会如何为差老师撑腰
Everybody wants to laser-focus on how TAP protects bad teachers
但大多数时候是在保护好老师
when mostly they protect good ones.
是的,但是当你在为坏老师说话的时候
Yes, but you make it harder for the good ones
你也在伤害好老师
when you protect the bad ones.
但你们知道吗?
But you know what? We’re gonna give up something,
有失必有得
but we’re also gonna get.
我们薪水一样吗,罗拉?
We all getting the same, Nona?
还是按工龄算?
对      
Or is it seniority?
Exactly.
对年轻人来说没关系
It’s all right for you younger people.
不要这么说,本
Stop it, Ben.
你们只是在喋喋不休而已
Seriously. No. You just keep going on and on.
听我说,还有谁是为了钱而教书?