Could they possibly squeeze one more lie into this thing?
谁写的?
Who wrote this?
可能是宾州教师协会
Teachers Association of Pennsylvania, maybe.
关心亚当斯的老师是他们的本职工作
It’s their job to worry about the Adams teachers.
这只是一所学校啊
This is one school.
我很感谢工会,但宾州教师协会态度强硬
I appreciate my union, but TAP can get kinda hardcore about it.
“为何接管亚当斯小学对家长不利”
我们会搞定的
We’ll get around this.
再跟我说一遍吧
So take me through this one more time.
很多小孩连加法都不会
A lot of these kids can barely add,
你还指望他们学几何吗?
and you wanna be teaching them geometry?
问题是,我们不管不顾
Well, the problem is is that no one expects
他们就更自暴自弃了
them to do well, so they don’t.
行了,你看看周围
Come on. Look around. I’m a cop.
我是警♥察♥,我周边都是毒品、黑社会…
There’s drugs, there’s gangs…
改善学校,就能改善社区环境
Change the school, you change the neighborhood.
好吧
Okay.
我去动员邻居
I’ll work on my neighbors.
你真觉得能搞定吗?
You really think you could turn this around?
我不能打包票,不过…
Well, I can’t say for certain, but…
百分百可以
100%, yes.
你在申请书上签字了吗?
Did you sign the petition?
没有?
没  
No?
No.
你没签字?
没有   
You didn’t sign the petition?
No.
签字吧,签了就能改变一切
Do it. Sign the petition. It’s gonna change everything.
给我T恤,拿一件
Give me the T-shirt. Take one.
别忘了拿T恤
Hey. Make sure you get a T-shirt.
嗨,你好吗?
Hey. How you doin?
很好
Good.
抱一抱,我最爱的学生之一啊
Hug. One of my favorite students.
你还好吗?我拿到尺了
You okay? I’ve got my ruler.

Hey. Hi.
你好吗?
You all right?
别在这碍事,进去啊
Don’t be a drag. Go get in there.
你们签字了吗?
Did you guys sign?
签了
I did.
给你尺
Let me give you a ruler.
我们想要的学校是
We want it to be a school where even at 3:00,
即使3点放学了,只要学生有问题
if the students have any issues or any problems,
老师还能留下来帮忙
then it’s up to the teacher to stay.
但我们现在做不到,因为工会有限制
Which we can’t do now because of teachers union rules.
谢谢你能来,来块饼干
Thank you so much for coming. Here, have a cookie.
吃块饼干吧,拿一块
Have a cookie. Have one. Take it.
吃块饼干,一会儿要拍照
Have a cookie. I’ve got a great photo op coming up.
别在周末的天气预报后播出
And don’t go burying us after Doppler Weekend Forecast.
不要这样,我知道你们的把戏
Don’t! I know your game, okay?
顺便介绍我自己,我叫简米
I’m Jamie, by the way. All right.

Hey. Oh!
好啦,我们现在去学校!
All right. Yeah, we’re goin’ to school!
Yeah!
太疯狂了!他们多想要改变啊!
It’s crazy! You see how bad they want it?
打败他们,简米!
Go get ’em, Jamie!
我的话不多,我有演讲恐惧症
I’m gonna keep this short, ’cause I get trepidatious about group speaking.
亚当斯评鉴不及格
Adams is failing.
这所学校评鉴不及格
This school is failing.
可是转学费我付不起
And I can’t afford to move,
我没钱把女儿转到另一所学校
and I can’t afford to put my daughter somewhere else,
我很倒霉
so I’m screwed.
你们知道的,时间不多了
And you know, I… Can I just say, there’s a time limit.
孩子们的机会就在眼前
There’s a window with these kids,
再不行动就迟了
and then after that it’s too late.
你们懂我说的吧?
You know what I’m sayin?
所以我们现在就要行动
And so we gotta do something right now.
去改变这个状况
We gotta do something to fix it.
而教师协会里的混♥蛋♥写的信
Which is also why I don’t appreciate
我实在不能认同
some scumbag from TAP writing a letter
歪曲事实,一派胡言
with a bunch of lies about what we’re trying to do!
我要说的重点就是
Point here, the thing I do wanna say,
我们要拯救亚当斯,刻不容缓
is we need to fix Adams, and we need to fix it yesterday.
是的!
Yeah!
我还没有数那些请♥愿♥书
Now, I haven’t counted ’em all yet,
但我相信,已有足够的请♥愿♥书支持我们的行动
but I know we have enough parent petitions to start this thing!
甘地曾说过
And, like that guy Gandhi used to say:
改变,从我做起!
We gotta be the change we wanna see!
轮到你了
Your turn.
我做了很多调查
All right, I’ve been doing a lot of research
资料上说
and I read that there are people out there
有人在规划建造监狱
designing and building prisons.
他们跑到亚当斯来调查
And those people are looking at our schools
想根据学校的辍学人数
and they’re figuring out what kids are gonna drop out
建监狱的牢房♥
so they know how many prison cells to build.
过去19年来
In the last 19 years, seven out of ten kids
每10个亚当斯的学生中就有7个不识字
who leave Adams can barely read.
为什么亚当斯的孩子要蹲州立监狱
And we wonder why Adams kids end up in Penn State Prison
而不是去匹兹堡大学学习
instead of the University of Pittsburgh.
知道我想对那些造监狱的人说什么吗?
And you know what I want to say to those prison folk?
我想说…
I wanna say…
我想说,别碰我孩子
I wanna say, hands off my kid.
是的!
Yeah!
别碰我们的孩子!
说的真好!   
– Hands off our kids!
– Absolutely!
别碰我们的孩子!
Hands off our kids!
别碰我们的孩子!
Hands off our kids! Hands off our kids!
别碰我们的孩子!
Hands off our kids!
看着你在台上,我真的…
Watching you up there, it was really…
让我想到…
I don’t know, it reminded me of…
不要说想到你妈啊
Don’t say your mother.
想到那些我曾经失去的
Reminded me of something I’ve been missing.
真的很振奋人心
It’s really good for the spirit.
我懂的
I know. Right? Yeah.
那你为什么不买♥♥我帐?
So how come you’re not buying what I’m selling?
因为诋毁工会的事
Because of the whole union-slamming thing.
诋毁工会?
是的   
“Union-slamming”?
Yeah.
我没有诋毁工会 
就是诋毁工会的事
I wasn’t slamming the unions.
Yeah, the union-slamming.
是他们写的那些信,千真万确
They wrote that letter. That was true.
我知道是他们写的
I know they wrote that letter.
我说那件事千真万确、是事实
I was saying something that was true.
这不是重点
That’s not the point.
简米,我在中学的时候
Look, Jamie, when I was in high school
有位叫库珀的老师
I had this teacher and his name was Mr. Cooper
他非常了不起,对我来说他就像父亲
and he was, like, an incredible teacher. He was like a father to me.
他们要开除他
And they tried to fire him
据传是因为他在教我们
because he was supposedly teaching us works
一些伤风败俗的东西
that were promoting an immoral lifestyle.
就是那部音乐剧《毛发》
It was Hair. It’s a musical.
他们开会闹个没完,搞得很僵
There was all these, like, screaming meetings. It got so ugly.
但是最后,工会出面
But in the end the union stood up,
替他出头,也保住了他的工作
they protected him, he kept his job
这就是我做老师的原因,他成就了我
and that’s why I became a teacher. He made me what I am.
我就是想要一所更好的学校
I just want a better school.
我有些不知所措
I can’t figure out how to put it all together.
这场动员让我们很难堪
Rally was an embarrassment.
我们过去一直是英雄啊
We used to be the heroes.
诺玛·李什么时候成了坏人?
When did Norma Rae get to be the bad guy?
我讨厌被人这样称呼
Right? I hate gettin’ called out like that.
让我想到三年级的时候
Takes me right back to third grade,
雷·法兰克斯在学校操场欺负我
with Ray Franks bullying me in the school yard.
我就在他椅子上放了根钉子