No.
嘿,罗拉
Hi. Hey, Nona.
一切都好吗?
很好    
How’s it going?
Good.
你喝点什么?
So, what are you drinking?
杰克丹尼威士忌,不加冰
JD, straight up.
好的
All right.
我让你来因为罗拉正在着手办学校…
So I wanted you to come because Nona’s doing the school thing…
罗拉没在办学校
Nana’s not doing the school thing.
我们需要有人帮忙劝说别的老师
…and we need some help getting other teachers on board.
我打听过你
And I’ve been asking around about you.
认识你的人都喜欢你
Everyone who knows you likes you.
不认识你的会叫你“德州美男”
And everybody who doesn’t calls you Sexy Texy.
我说过,我只对教书有兴趣
Well, like I told you, I’m just interested in teaching so…
没错,不过有免费威士忌喝
Yeah, but you got free whiskey.
不如多坐一分钟,听女生唠叨下
So sit for a minute and listen to the lady.
好吧
Okay.
说吧,罗拉
Go, Nona.
如果我加入
Well, if I did it…
我没说我已经加入
And I’m not saying that I am.
我们要想办法
We would have to see how our school
把这批孩子教好
with the same kids could do even better.
行政人员插手教学,明确教学大纲
Now, staff participation in the classroom, articulated course curriculum,
整个校园文化都将改变
that would mean changing the whole culture of the school.
简单来说,我们要比前辈榜样们
Basically, we would have to be the teachers who made us teachers,
做的更好
but even better.
教师们还能留在工会吗?
Would the teachers still be union?
不行,合同有太多限制
Can’t be. Our contract has too many restrictions.
但是工会很重要啊
Because that matters a lot.
两天内,我就争取到53名家长和2位老师
Okay, so in two days, I got 53 parents and two teachers.
我没有  
我没有要…
I didn’t…
I’m not getting…
我看到你嘴在动,但没听到你说什么
I see your lips moving, but I can’t hear you.
再来一点吗?
You want a refill?
谢谢
Thank you.
形势非常棘手,抗♥议♥情绪强烈
Things are really coming to a head here. The protestors are defiant.
他们不断地扔砖头、棍子还有废罐子
They’re throwing bricks and poles and trash cans.
晚上好,丹尼尔
Good night, Daniel.
这样不错啊
So this is good.
扔砖头?
Throwing bricks?
为什么不错?
How’s that good?
因为他们勇于表达自己
Because it’s… You know, they’re lettin’ themselves be heard.
这是在浪费时间,无济于事
It’s a waste of time. It doesn’t do anything.
无济于事?真的吗?
Doesn’t do anything? Really?
你不相信这些吗?
You don’t believe that.
我不知道
I don’t know.
就比如民权
Like civil rights.
塞尔玛-蒙哥马利游♥行♥也是在浪费时间?
The Selma to Montgomery marches. All that’s a waste of time?
这是在传递信念
It sends a message.
我觉得就跟你做的一样,不是吗?
I mean, that’s what you’re doing, isn’t it?
不一样,我只想给孩子找所好学校
No, I just want a better school for my kid.
传递信念这种事需要时间
Sending a message is what people who
轮不到我这种打两份工的人去做
don’t work two jobs have got time to do.
可以帮我关灯吗?
好       
Can you turn those
lights out for me? Yeah.
跟你说,我特别欣赏你
You know what? I really do appreciate
你在改变这个地方
what you’re doing to change the place.
当然,她是我孩子啊
Course. She’s my kid.
她爸爸呢,他帮忙了吗?
And her father, does he help out at all?
没有
Nope.
对不起,我一喝酒就问傻问题
I’m sorry. When I drink, I ask nosy questions.
我一喝酒,就嫁给窝囊废
When I drink, I marry losers.
是的,我得说他真的是窝囊废
Yeah, I’d say he’s definitely a loser now.
我赞同
I think so. Yeah.
玛丽亚会成功的,因为她有你
And Malia is a winner, ’cause she’s got you.
奉承能力还有待提高
You need to work on your lines.
我不是在奉承你,不是,对不起
That wasn’t a line. No, no, no, it wasn’t a line. I’m sorry.
最近我跟孩子们呆的时间比跟女人长
I’ve been around kids a lot more than women lately.
这是实话吗?
That’s not a line?
是的,我说真的
It’s not a line. It’s true.
孩子总是有话直说,女人不这样
Kids, you know, kids just say what’s what. Women don’t do that so much.
你例外
Except for you.
没错,知无不言,这就是我
That’s true. Foot in the horse’s mouth, that’s me.
是啊
Yeah.
所以我才喜欢你
That’s why I like you.
这句是奉承你,我承认
That was a line. I admit it.
不对,科迪
No. Cody.
这题你会,我知道的
You got this, I know you do.
我是傻子
Yeah, is this retard-proof?
别这么说
Stop saying that.
全校都知道
Whole school knows it.
他们有没有为难你?
Are they giving you a hard time?
爸爸住在罗伊叔叔家,我能去那附近上学吗?
Can’t I just go to the school near Uncle Roy while Dad’s living with him?
Pow!
你好
你好
Hi.
Hi.
进来,玛丽亚
Come on in, Malia.
好漂亮呀
Nice. Yeesh! Oh, no.
科迪
Cody.
科迪
Ooh la la. Cody.
你♥爸♥来接你前,你带玛丽亚到处看看吧
Why don’t you show Malia around till your dad comes, okay?
哦,不用的,不用这样
Oh, no, no, he doesn’t have to.
她带了DVD播放器,她很乖的
She’s got her DVD player, she’s good.
我能看吗?
当然   
– Can I watch?
– Yeah, sure.
他白天不许看电视
He’s not allowed to watch TV during the day.
要吃士力架吗?
Do you guys want a Snickers?
去吧
Come on.
进来
Come on in. Yeah, go ahead.
我知道你为了学校的事情紧张
I know you’re trepidatious about this whole school thing
我不想占用你整个周六
and I don’t wanna take up your whole Saturday.
我直接进入主题
But just to start off the bat,
这是我做的海报
here is a flier that I made
为了动员大会
for the rally.
你明白我的意思,跳伞兵,跳伞兵
Get it? Parentrooper, paratrooper?
我懂
Yeah.
我睡觉时想到的点子
That one came to me from the dead of sleep.
我喜欢,不过有个笔误,动员大会不是在2101年
I like it. Except there’s a typo, unless you’re gonna have the rally in 2101.
哦,不是吧
Oh, no.
我数字方面超烂
Yeah, I’m terrible with numbers.
我对学校也有些想法
I also have some ideas for the school.
关于怎样更有效地运作学校
About how to make the school more effectual.
好的
Okay.
所以我突发奇想
So drawing outside the box,
我不知道怎么会有这个想法
I don’t know why, but I started to think
但我想起那些励志书籍
about those dumb self-help books
因为那里面,总是有些道理
because there’s always, like, a little bit of truth in them.
我知道幻想总是很空洞
Like, for example, the whole Secret-ing thing is so lame. I know.
但我还是会幻想邮筒里有张支票
But I’m still envisualizing that check in my mailbox.
我开始想
And I started thinking,
也许只有孩子才有心情幻想
you know, maybe the kids could Secret things,
比方说,我猜…
like, you know, I don’t know, like…
比如说去上大学
Like going to college.
他们可以幻想自己
And they could picture themselves
去上大学啊,在校园内散步啊,毕业啊
going there and walking on the campus and actually graduating.
要是他们能这样想着人生
And I think that that would be good for them
会很不错
to see themselves that way.
你觉得很无聊
You think that’s dumb.
我觉得很棒
I think it’s a knockout.
真的吗?
Really?
是啊
Yeah.