Honestly? Because you can’t not be a teacher to him.
你不觉得是家里的事给闹的吗?
You don’t think it’s ’cause of what’s happening at home?
你一直在他周围转
You are all over him all the time.
我能理解
And I know why.
但某些时候,你必须放手
But at some point, you have to let go.
罗拉
Nona.
罗拉!
Nona!

Hi.
这就是我要上的学校?
This is where I’m going?
但愿如此
I hope so.
我们需要点运气
We need some luck.
可能我要多练习阅读
Maybe I should practice my reading.
阅读好的话,他们应该会要我
They’ll want me if my reading’s good.
我们找个地方去坐
Let’s go find someplace to sit.
借过
Excuse me.
打扰一下,我想让我儿子参加抽签
Excuse me. I’m trying to get my son in the lottery.
太晚了,对不起
It’s too late. I’m sorry.
求求你了,我是老师,这里有人能帮我吗?
Please, I’m a teacher. ls there anyone I could talk to?
你可以找校长,他就在那边,看到没?
You can try the principal. He’s right over there. Do you see him?
挖我们的老师进展顺利不?
How’s it going poaching my teachers?
拜托,哪有挖人,我们是保护他们
Oh, please. We don’t poach, we protect.
好借口,你应该多用用
Now, that’s a good line. You oughta use it more often.
哦,我忘记了,你已经用了
Oh, I forgot, you already do.
好了,又开始攻击工会了
Oh, here we go, union bashing.
告诉你个秘密:你可以边批评边支持工会
Here’s a little secret: you can criticize and support unions.
嘿,你和你兄弟比赛如何?
Hey. How’d it go with your brother?
挺好的,他赢了,3比2
Oh, it was great. He won, 3 to 2.
他都快赶上你了
Almost as good as you.
但你不支持我们,不是吗?你把我们拒之门外
But you don’t support us, you know? You shut us out.
是啊,我的老师们要自♥由♥
Yeah, because my teachers want their freedom.
被加班?被无故就地解雇的自♥由♥?
To be overworked? To be fired at any time for any reason?
不是,是投入更多时间和学生相处的自♥由♥
No, freedom to put in extra time with their kids.
只要愿意,放学后还能继续和学生相处
You know, freedom to stay after school if they want.
祝你好运
Good luck to you.
但他们真的想吗,还是不敢说不?
But do they want it, or are they too scared to say no?
你忘了我也曾是教师
You forget I was a teacher once.
当然没忘
No. I don’t forget.
你还是位名♥师♥
You were one of the greats.
汤普森先生,我叫罗拉·阿尔贝茨
Mr. Thompson. My name is Nona Alberts.
我们过会再聊
I’ll have to talk to you afterwards.
晚上好,家长们
Good evening, parents.
这是你的幸运符,把它放在右手
Here’s your charm. Put it in your right hand.
在我们国家
In our country,
每四个孩子里就有一个
one child out of every four
不能正常地阅读
grows up not knowing how to read properly.
我来问问你们
Let me ask you
你们有没有很生气
does that make you mad?
是的!
Yes!
很好,因为你们应该生气
Good, because I want you to be mad.
我们学校只有40个名额
We have 40 spaces for you in our school.
也就是说,你们中有400人要去别的地方
So that means 400 of you are going to have to go out there
去争取更好的机会
and fight for something better.
就像我10年做的一样
Just like I did 10 years ago.
我也曾是教师,有两个孩子
I was a teacher, a parent of two.
我把孩子送去学校
I was sending my kids to school,
但他们什么都没学会
but they weren’t learning anything.
我不是什么都懂
Now I don’t know everything, but I knew
但是我知道我要做些什么来改变
I had to do something to try to fix it.
现在,罗莎·帕克斯在美国排名第三
And now, Rosa Parks is third in the state.
但最初创办学校时
But when I first tried to start it,
你猜他们怎么说?
you know what they said to me?
“等一等,我们正在解决这个问题”
“Hold on. Wait. We’re addressing the problem.”
“等一等,他们正在改变”
“Hold on, wait. They’re makin’ changes.”
“等”这个字就说明他们在袖手旁观
That word “wait” means they’re not going to do anything about it.
我过去这么说,现在还是这么说
I said then and I’m saying it now.
我们不会再等了
We will not wait.
难道要等到我们的孩子被退学的那一天吗?
Are we going to wait while our kids are dropping out of school?
难道要等到学校系统让我们心碎的那天吗?
Are we going to wait while the school system is failing us?
我们不等了
We will not wait.
我们不等了
We will not wait.
我们不等了
We will not wait!
我们不等了!
We will not wait!
就是它了!这就是我们想去的
This is it! This is our school.
我们不等了!
We will not wait!
好了,现在抽签
Okay, now, we’re about to begin the draw.
闭上眼睛,一起许愿
Close your eyes. Close your eyes and wish for it.
一年级,三个名额
First grade, three slots.
好吗?
Okay?
莎朗·特洛伊
Sarah Troy.
太好了!
Yes! Yes!
肯尼亚·兰德尔
Kenya Randall.
那是另一个班的老师吗?
Is that the teacher in the other class?
是的
Yeah.
伊斯顿·霍克斯
Easton Hawks.
太好了!
Yeah!
三年级三个名额
Three slots now for third grade.
哦,到我们了
Oh, no. Okay.
像这样,会带来好运,好运小姐
Go like this. It’s better luck. Luck’s a lady.
狡猾的好运小姐
Luck is a foxy lady.
蕾莎达·杰克森
LeShonda Jackson.
蕾莎达加油!
Go, LeShonda!
克里斯·阿莫迪奥
Chris Amodio.
太好了!
Yeah!
三年级最后的名额归
The last slot for the third grade goes to
罗伯特·布莱恩特
Robert Bryant.
四年级的三个名额
We have three slots for fourth grade.
以利亚·琼斯
Elijah Jones.
祝贺你们
Congratulations to all of you.
没抽中的各位,也请继续奋斗
And to everyone else, we must fight on.
新的一天又开始了,我们收回公立学校
This is a new day and we are taking back our public schools.
查尔斯:“这样没用,我们得谈一谈”
谢谢
Thank you.
校长,您的车子在等您
Principal, your car’s ready for you.
我可以和汤姆森先生说话吗?
Listen, can I speak to Mr. Thompson?
打扰一下,汤姆森先生?
Excuse me. Mr. Thompson?
对不起
Excuse me.
你在亚当斯教二年级,对吗?
You teach second grade at Adams, right?
我女儿刚开始在那上学
My daughter just started there.
你来是为了自己还是你的孩子?
Are you here for yourself or for your kid?
这跟你没关系
That’s none of your business.
你要我怎样?
What do you want from me?
我想让玛丽亚调到你们班
I want Malia in your class.
他们说调换班级违规,你班里没空位吗?
It’s a criminality keeping her in the other class. You have no room?
这事校长说了算!
他说不行!   
It’s up to the principal!
The principal said no!
那我也无能为力了!
Then there’s nothing I can do about it!
你们都这么说!
That’s what you all say!
那请告诉我你能做些什么?
Would you tell me right now what you can do?
我明天去问问他
I can ask him about it tomorrow.
你不会去的,但还是非常感谢你
You’re not gonna do that, but thank you very much.
你不是唯一一个被拒绝的人,我说了会去问
You’re not the only one bein’ put off. I said I’ll ask.
有人跟我说过同样的话
但不是我说的    
I’ve heard that before.
Not from me.
这是为了她
This is for her.
我理解,我会去的
I understand. I’ll do it.
谢谢!
Thank you!
现在可以谈了吗?
Can we talk now?
我想到我母亲的葬礼
I was thinking about my mother’s funeral.
消息一公布,她以前的学生都出席了
How word got out and all those old students showed up.
学生太多,不得不在外面等
So many that they had to wait outside.
风非常大
And it was galing.