Now 10 divided by 3
是3.33
is 3.33
小数点后无数个3
And straight on into infinity
自己来,不要听我的
Figure it out, don’t listen to me
去大学
It’s knowledge
学知识
To get to college
继续,继续
Come on, come on
110除以2
Now 50% of 110
把它分一半,再来一次
Cut it in half, do it again
不多不少55
Double or nothing it’s 55
你们中多少人可以上大学
And what percentage of you will arrive in college
你们都会上大学
You’re all going to college
爵士舞手势!爵士舞手势
Jazz hands! Jazz hands!
快点!要在校长离开前赶去原来的学校
Hurry up! We gotta get to your old school before the principal leaves.
快点!快,快,快
Come on! Come on, come on, come on.
我们也想让玛利亚回来
You know we’d love to have Malia back,
但我们能做的都做了
but we can’t give you any more aid.
这样吧,学费五百,我付你六百
Okay, so, tuition’s five hundred, I’ll pay you six.
不过是分期付款
But I’ll pay it in installments,
零首♥付♥,利息3%那种
like a 0% down, 3% financing kind of thing.
我知道你为难
I know, you’re trepidatious.
不过从长远看你能挣到更多的钱
But you’re gonna make more money in the long run.
对不起
I’m sorry.
宝贝,在这坐一会
Sit down here for just one second, sweetie.
求求你了,给你下跪了
Please, please. I’m begging you. I’m on my hands and knees.
她跟你们在一起一切都好
She was doin’ all right with you guys.
新学校对她的阅读障碍不管不问
This new school can’t do anything about the dyslexia.
我知道她刚转去
And I know it’s only been a short time.
但我能感到她变了,她在那不顺心
I can feel it changing her. It’s making her hard.
那个学校评鉴不及格
And the school’s failing.
真的,你能在网上查到,是不及格
It is. They put it online now. You can read it. They got an F. An F.
罗莎·帕克斯学校
There’s the Rosa Parks Charter.
他们很快会举♥行♥抽签
They have a lottery coming up soon.
我知道,可那是500比3的几率
I know, but they got like 500 people going for three slots.
那再换个学校吧
Well, perhaps another school, then.
你说得好像我还有别的选择
You’re acting like I got a choice here.
这不关我的事
It’s not personal.
当然!
For you!
我们离开这里
好     
Let’s get outta here.
Okay.
玛利亚,别担心
Malia, don’t worry. I just gotta get you
我想办法把你转到二年级别的班
into that other second grade class.
你看起来很好,阿尔贝茨小姐
You look nice, Mrs. Alberts.
是啊,第一个黑人版复♥制♥娇妻
Yeah. First black Stepford wife.
不要接,是查尔斯,新老板,我迟到了
Oh, don’t answer that. It’s Charles. New boss, I’m late.
科迪,你记得我们做过这个吗?
Cody, come on. You remember, we worked on this. All right?
你用这个数字,还有这个
You take this number here and this number.
你可以的,我知道你可以的
You can do it, come on. I know you can.
好吧
All right…
就跟他说我要迟到了
Just tell him I’m gonna be late.
晚安,科迪
Good night, Cody.
阿尔贝茨府邸
Alberts residence.
克莱,瓦莱丽,罗拉
Clay, Valerie, Nona.
很高兴见到你
幸会    
So nice to meet you.
Nice to meet you.
幸会
Nice to meet you.
你来迟了,我帮你点了烩炖鸡
I ordered you the coq au vin since you were late.
谢谢
Thank you.
查尔斯说你在希尔区当老师
So Charles tells us you teach in the Hill District.
是公共广播电台天天播的那个罗莎·帕克斯学校吗?
Now, is that the Rosa Parks Charter that NPR is so gaga over?
我在亚当斯当老师
I teach at Adams.
我们刚搬来的时候
When we first moved here, Nona made it a point
罗拉决定去最需要帮助的学校
to find the school most in need.
很崇高啊
That is so admirable.
当初她太理想化了
Very idealistic, she was.
我们两个都是,我一直有个计划
Well, I guess we both were. I still wanted to design then.
我们彻夜策划建立新学校
So we would stay up all night long planning the schools
我想让她来管理
that I would build for her to run.
当时我们是热血青年
We were so young.
现在一想这些,我就犯困
Now the thought of all that just makes me wanna take a nap.
再拉就坏了!
You’re gonna rip it!
我不在乎!给我!
I don’t care! Now give it!
放开!这是我的!
都坐好     
– Let go! It’s mine!
– Take your seats.
大家都坐好
Everybody, sit down now.
不要拉,要坏了!
Stop. You’re gonna rip it!
好啦,就这么着吧
All right, that’s it.
来来,坐好,大家坐好
Come on, sit down. Everybody sit down.
你们两个都回到座位上去
You both take your seats.
哦,不
Oh, no.
没事了,把书包给我
All right. Just give me the backpack.
她弄坏了 
大家都坐下
She ruined it.
Everybody sit down.
坐下
Sit down.
不许笑 
不要激动
– No. Stop laughing.
– Calm down.
不要说了!
Stop!
拿给我
Give it to me.
她把我书包拉坏了!
She tore my backpack!
把书包给我,然后坐好
Give me the backpack and sit down.
别神经兮兮的,玛利亚
Don’t be such a drama queen, Malia. Lord.
不是这样的,你不是无能为力
That’s not true, there’s nothing you could do.
你可以把她换到其它班
You could put her in the other class.
我告诉过你不行
I can’t do that! As I’ve told you
这是我第七次跟你说不可以
in one of our last six conversations…
是吗?
Yeah?
法律对班级人数有限制
…there are laws about the number of kids you can have in a class.
那就把她跟别的孩子对调
So switch her with another kid.
或者,直接开除那个老师
Or, so, get rid of this teacher.
整个学校都知道
The whole school knows she’s got
从过去到现在,一堆人举报她
a track history of complaints against her.
哦,对了,你不能,对吧
Oh, no, yes, you can’t! Right?
因为她是终身聘用吧
‘Cause she’s tenurized. Right?
是的,合同书有六百页
Yes, along with a slew of other things
还有一箩筐别的规定
spelled out in her 600 page contract.
好吧
Right.
不管怎样,她面对30个厌学的孩子也不容易
Anyway, look at what she’s dealin’ with. 30 kids who hate school.
这是谁的错?
Whose fault is that?
不能都怪她,恐怕不是每个孩子都能拔尖
It’s not all hers. Every kid can’t rise to the top, I’m afraid.
恐怕?
You’re afraid?
你听过那些母亲们
Have you heard about those mothers
为了救孩子抬起一吨♥重的卡车吗?
that lift one-ton trucks off their babies?
和我相比,她们不算什么
They’re nothing compared to me.
不行
No.
怎么了?   
他不能去特助班
Excuse me? He’s not going
into a remedial classroom.
但是他会失控,考试成绩也低于标准
But he’s been acting out, and he did test below the norm.
他能勉强及格,家事也影响到他
He tested borderline. He’s been goin’ through things at home.
我会一直帮他的
I’ll keep working with him.
恕我直言,这可能正是失控的原因
If I may, I think that might contribute to the acting out.
是吗?
Do you?
罗拉,这不是在批判你
Nona, this is not a referendum on you.
或许我们都应该给科迪一些空间
Maybe we all just need to back off Cody a bit.
成绩能反映事实
Test results are test results.
等一下
不行 
Hold up for a second.
Can’t.
罗莎·帕克斯学校会举办抽签
Rosa Parks got a lottery. I’m gonna beg to
我以教师的身份去找他们,让他抽中
get him in. Play the teacher card.
首先,去新学校不代表他的病会变好
First of all, a new school is not gonna stop him from acting out.
为什么你觉得他有病?
Why do you think he’s acting out?
你要我说真话吗?你不也教不了他